PDA

View Full Version : So What Happens Tomorrow at Conseco?

Southside_Pacer
03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
The Pacers haven't beaten the Bucks yet this year. So what's going to happen at Conseco? Jeff, in his quote postgame, basically said what we all know. They've had our number, and we didn't have an answer for them in any way, shape, or form tonight.

So will we fallow the same pattern and get out to a first quarter lead? Only to lose some of it in the second half, let Milwaukee get back into the game after halftime, and win a close one down the stretch?

Or will we come out, and play the best game we've had all year, with the highest intensity on the defensive end and win by 20 or more?

So what do we have to do to beat these guys?? There's a TON to play for. Pride, Central Division Championship, best record in the Eastern Conference and homecourt throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs. We can do this in front of our home fans. But will we?

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 02:08 AM
I don't want to guess really but I think Jeff Foster summed up how important tommorows game is .

"Tomorrow night is basically a must win game to show to ourselves, to show our fans and to show them that we can beat them. They have had our number this year."

Southside_Pacer
03-31-2004, 02:14 AM
Jeff did sum it all up great. I just hope we play with a certain swaggar, and level of cockiness tomorrow.

More important than that though, I really wanna see 48 minutes of defensive pressure on the Bucks. :devil:

beast23
03-31-2004, 03:55 AM
It's very difficult for a team to sweep a home-and-home, especially with the second game being on the road.

The Pacers had their pride hurt, and haven't figured out the Bucks yet.

I'd almost be willing to give 10 points; I'm that certain of a Pacers victory. They will come out swinging with more focus than we've seen since before the All-Star break.

I think they know how important it is to have home court advantage over anyone coming out of the WC. With it, they have a chance of winning it all, assuming they get to the Finals. Without it, well.... their chances are greatly diminished. They simply can't afford another loss against a .500 team..... and they know it.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 04:21 AM
If I was a betting man , I wouldn't bet anything tommorow :laugh: It's seems lately that the pacers aren't showing up for games and it's a crapshoot to see if anyone is gonna step up and take the role to help them get the Win lately.

I know these guys are probably very tired with the kind of season they have played and I wish they could get some rest but were defintely not playing our best basketball at the moment . I hate to say it but I think the Pacers have lost there focus and I hope Rick can get these guys back to where they need to be in the mindset because time is running out and I am not trying to be negative but we have been playing pretty flat lately , yes we have had some good moments but it seems like were just trying to limp through the rest of the season right now.

We need to start putting consistant games together now , we can't wait til the playoffs and expect it all to come together in the snap of someones fingers. We need to finish this season strong and make the statement we been playing for all year long , that we are the Best !!!!!

Unclebuck
03-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Should be very facinating to watch what happens. I have a strong believe the Pacers will win, and win convincingly. Combination of the Pacers playing very well and the Bucks not playing nearly as well as last night.

DisplacedKnick
03-31-2004, 09:39 AM
I think the Pacers will win - but I've thought that 3 other times.

I just don't get why Indy has trouble with them. I don't see a particular matchup problem. It was one thing when TJ was there - he was quick enough to get inside and disrupt the Pacer defense. But without him in it makes no sense.

Without Ford, they aren't horribly athletic outside (they are to a degree with Damon & Redd but last night Redd had a bad game) and they are pretty non-physical inside.

It's not like NO where they have a combination - quick, penetrating PG along with physical interior players - which makes a generally inferior team dangerous.

I just don't get it but the Pacers don't seem to be able to play their game when they face the Bucks.

ChicagoJ
03-31-2004, 01:42 PM
I think the Pacers will win - but I've thought that 3 other times.

I just don't get why Indy has trouble with them. I don't see a particular matchup problem. It was one thing when TJ was there - he was quick enough to get inside and disrupt the Pacer defense. But without him in it makes no sense.

Without Ford, they aren't horribly athletic outside (they are to a degree with Damon & Redd but last night Redd had a bad game) and they are pretty non-physical inside.

It's not like NO where they have a combination - quick, penetrating PG along with physical interior players - which makes a generally inferior team dangerous.

I just don't get it but the Pacers don't seem to be able to play their game when they face the Bucks.

Like I said somewhere else, I didn't watch the game, unfortunately.

The analysis I've been reading leads me to believe that Terry Porter should be getting some credit for having the Bucks ready to play and figuring out subtle, hard-to-explain ways of consistently taking the Pacers out of their "A" game.

On the other hand, it will be interesting to see if they can do that against a Tinlsey-led team, however. Jamaal is vital for our ability execute our game plan. In spite of his flaws, he's very, very valuable to this team in ways that aren't measured by statistical analysis or even evaluating his defensive contribution. He just makes things "flow." We've got guys that can step up when JO, Al or Ron are banged up. Not-so-true at PG. For that reason, Tinsley might be as valuable *to this team* as any of the big three.