PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle Said The Bucks is the Best Team the Pacers have Played All Season

TheSauceMaster
03-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Yep he sure did just say that :o

Cactus Jax
03-30-2004, 11:57 PM
It sure seems like a fair type of statement the 3 times I've seen em.

Suaveness
03-30-2004, 11:58 PM
Who can doubt him, considering we have lost all 3 times :unimpressed:

Roaming Gnome
03-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Nah, I will still say it was the Lakers when we played them earlier in the year!

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
That's kinda sad though wouldn't you agree ? I mean we have the Best record in the NBA and can't beat a under .500 team and are 0-3 for the season against the Bucks :cry:

Unclebuck
03-31-2004, 12:02 AM
No doubt the Bucks played three great games against the Pacers.

One of my pet peeves is when fans don't give the opponent any credit.

MagicRat
03-31-2004, 12:02 AM
On my TV he said "toughest".......

Southside_Pacer
03-31-2004, 12:04 AM
So much for tonight being a "must win" game. :cry: :shakehead:

Cactus Jax
That's kinda sad though wouldn't you agree ? I mean we have the Best record in the NBA and can't beat a under .500 team and are 0-3 for the season against the Bucks :cry:

Some teams just have other teams number for some reason. I know from my brother that the T-Wolves have lost quite often to the Jazz the last couple years although the Wolves had much better teams.

It's all about style of play and matchups and right now Milwaukee seems to have the answers to the Pacers lineup that nobody else really has.

Unclebuck

I don't mean to pick on you, but this is what I am talking about. Teams don't play the same every game. So a .500 team does not play like a .500 team every game. So the fact that the Pacers have lost 3 times to a .500 is not "sad". Give the Bucks some credit.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Hey I give the Bucks all the credit , they have beat us all 3 times this year.

Cactus Jax
03-31-2004, 12:09 AM

I don't mean to pick on you, but this is what I am talking about. Teams don't play the same every game. So a .500 team does not play like a .500 team every game. So the fact that the Pacers have lost 3 times to a .500 is not "sad". Give the Bucks some credit.

I agree with that, but three times to the same team in the same year is more than them just being pumped up. There's little things the Bucks do that tick off the Pacers that nobody else does or can do. They have shooters, low post play, can fast break, play solid defense, rebound and hustle. They'll be really tough in the next few years if they can keep all the pieces.

BTW: Is Joe Smith a free-agent? If so I think I'd use the MLE on him, but I think the Bucks would do the same thing.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Well I think Rick made some bold coments tonight and I think he was doing so to help get the team back in focus.

Southside_Pacer
03-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Well I think Rick made some bold coments tonight and I think he was doing so to help get the team back in focus.

What did he say?

Tim
03-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Bucks deserve credit but what is worse is that the whole team is geared towards our weakness.

For the third time the Bucks were a step quicker to everything than the Pacers. Speed kills the Pacers and the Bucks appear to be a step quicker at every position no matter what player the Pacers have on the floor.

Pacers could kick *** tommorrow and it doesn't matter, the damage is already done. The Bucks are not, and will never be scared of the Pacers this season. They have the mental edge because we should be able to beat them and can't.

I really don't know what Rick and the staff can do to help.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 12:45 AM
PACERS COACH RICK CARLISLE

“Joe Smith played great, we had no answer for him. We had a lot of guys guard him and he physically manhandled us all night. Really, as a whole, it was a demolition from start to finish. We got outscored every quarter except one, which was tied. We could just never get anything solid going at either end. They played with more force and more conviction all night. The good news is we get another shot at them tomorrow, the bad news is we get another shot at them tomorrow."

"Their big guys played great against us. Three straight games now, they physically outworked us. I'm sure that shows up in the stats somewhere. It's disappointing to lose three in a row to anybody. We are going to have to figure out a way to beat these guys."

"Kenny played well. He was impressive out there especially on the offensive end. Defensively, it wasn't there for us tonight. When you go an entire first quarter without a defensive foul, that is an indication that you are playing soft out there. They laid the ball in three or four times. Our physical disposition has to be there, otherwise they will make you play a price. They are knowledgeable and share the ball."

tdeltdot
03-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Do the Bucks remind anyone else of the Hornets? Obviously both teams continually play well against us, but the key reason seems to be that both teams have a committee of strong, athletic and slightly above-average PFs/Cs. I didn't see tonights game, but I've noticed the similarity in the past. And tonights boxscore would suggest that those PFs (Smith and Skinner, who's playing out of position) played very well.

Wondering if anyone else sees the same thing and/or if it's something the Ps need to counter in the offseason. We really don't have anyone who fits the bill of a Joe Smith, B. Skinner, P.J. Brown, George Lynch type of PF. Pollard's the only one who can match their size and strength, but he's no where near as athletic. Foster is pretty much the opposite.

It's almost as if there is too much variety between the Ps big men, and so the team can never really establish a monopoly on one aspect of the post-game - like the Bucks and Hornets are able to do.

my 2 Canadian (1.4 American) cents

indygeezer
03-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Tinsley wouldn't have helped. They spread the floor and our help defense can't get there in time to help. They have the outside shooters that make it imperative to gaurd them legit or get burned.

I don't know what other teams do to beat them but we sure need to scout their films and find out.

BTW, have I ever mentioned how much I hate the very sight of Kukoc?

joro
03-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Story of the game
Bucks shoot TWENTY-TWO OF THIRTY free throws.
Pacers shoot THIRTEEN OF FIFTEEN free throws.

Pretty sad when the opponents MAKE fifty percent more free throws than you ATTEMPT!

Were the Bucks simply that much more aggressive in going to the lane, or was it all homer refs? I didn't get to see the game. Kind of glad about that.

Hicks
03-31-2004, 01:15 AM
I think Tinsley could have and if he plays tomorrow will make a big difference. Maybe not on the defensive side of the ball, but definitely on the offensive side of the ball. If we can't do much else to stop them from scoring, Tinsley can at least have our offense running more smoothly, which as the 4th quarter showed me tonight, should be enough. Get a couple easy buckets, run some more, better execution in the half court; Tinsley brings these things. Might even hit a couple 3's on a good night. I think he'd really help.

Artestaholic
03-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Bucks out-hustled us. It's that simple.
Here they are playing the team with the best record in the NBA, and here we are playing a team under .500. They were just more pumped up for the game and had more energy. I think tonight the Pacers will be pissed off, and will beat the Bucks by atleast 30, just to show them who's King.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 01:35 AM
Story of the game
Bucks shoot TWENTY-TWO OF THIRTY free throws.
Pacers shoot THIRTEEN OF FIFTEEN free throws.

Pretty sad when the opponents MAKE fifty percent more free throws than you ATTEMPT!

Were the Bucks simply that much more aggressive in going to the lane, or was it all homer refs? I didn't get to see the game. Kind of glad about that.

well you could same the same of the pacers about free throws over the past several games , I remember the mavs game we had way more free throws than the mavs and the heat game was rediculaous

13-17 For the HEAT
34-43 For the Pacers
:rolleyes:

I could point out a few other games but I won't :laugh: :laugh:

waxman
03-31-2004, 01:01 PM
The starters didn't show up last night....they had no energy on either end... didn't play defense, were not sharp and did not execute on offense.

The starters shot 37% from the the field and hit a whopping 19 shots....yes... 19 shots.... 19-51....pathetic.... this was the most lethargic game i've seen the Ps play all season... and we still had a chance to win it in the 4th.

Sure hope they show up to play tonight.