PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Wins Season Series Against Pacers

Southside_Pacer
03-30-2004, 11:27 PM
It's really obvious that Milwaukee wanted this game A HECK OF A LOT MORE than the Pacers did, at least in my eyes they did.

The Milwaukee bench really turned this game around, especially in the second quarter. The Bucks' bench extended a lead without playing Redd at all. And Redd did have ten first quarter points.

The Pacers defense was really bad in the first half, and we allowed the Bucks to shoot 59% in the first half. That isn't going to get it done. It's that simple.

In the second half the Bucks didn't shoot all that great, however they got to the glass a heck of a lot better than we did. They wanted the ball more, and they got to the ball more.

We also couldn't get any series of defensive stops to save ourselves. Everytime we got back into the game a little, they extended the lead right back simply because they got offensive boards, they got to the line, and we didn't do anything to stop it.

This is a very discoraging loss in my opinion. We just lost to a team that was below .500, without some of their starters playing, and this team had just lost four in a row at home. :shakehead:

Theshop
03-30-2004, 11:35 PM
They seem to have our number.

Roaming Gnome
03-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, here is to praying that the Bucks fall to 6, 7 or 8.

A lot of us want to say that the Bucks played over their heads, but I don't buy it!! Our pick and roll defense was wretched and when we didn't quickly rotate to their shooters or the extra pass went to their bigs that were wide open. When you give up warm up jumpshots...that will kill you every time! As for our offense, The Paint was CLOSED! Terry Porter made the adjustments to bump cutters and double team anything that went into the paint, yet we forced it inside and either turned it over or got lousy shots. They striped the ball down low at will! They didn't play over their heads...The Pacers gave away too much. Even when we had a chance down the strech, we couldn't get a stop off their pick and rolls.

Unclebuck
03-30-2004, 11:47 PM
It's really obvious that Milwaukee wanted this game A HECK OF A LOT MORE than the Pacers did, at least in my eyes they did.

The Milwaukee bench really turned this game around, especially in the second quarter. The Bucks' bench extended a lead without playing Redd at all. And Redd did have ten first quarter points.

The Pacers defense was really bad in the first half, and we allowed the Bucks to shoot 59% in the first half. That isn't going to get it done. It's that simple.

In the second half the Bucks didn't shoot all that great, however they got to the glass a heck of a lot better than we did. They wanted the ball more, and they got to the ball more.

We also couldn't get any series of defensive stops to save ourselves. Everytime we got back into the game a little, they extended the lead right back simply because they got offensive boards, they got to the line, and we didn't do anything to stop it.

This is a very discoraging loss in my opinion. We just lost to a team that was below .500, without some of their starters playing, and this team had just lost four in a row at home. :shakehead:

Very good read on the game.

The game was lost in the last 6 minutes of the first half, going from a 6 point lead to down 10 (ended down 8 at haftime) Pacers never could erase that deficit up in the second half.

The Bucks played extremely well, you can talk about matchups all you want, I don't know if that is it, but they played realy well.

One thing the Bucks do that gives the Pacers trouble is they penetrate, that is still the pacers biggest weakness defensively. That causes the big men to come over and help and then the rebounding suffers.

I kept saying in the last 5 minutes of the game, if the pacers can get one stop, just one stop, they'll win. Well I think they only got one stop in the last 5 minutes of the game, AL poked the ball away, but that was not enough.

Joe Smith was the best player on the court tonight , and I believe the best player usually wins.

AJ was horrible tonight, really bad, i figured Rick would stay with Kenny down the stretch.

Ronnie was not much better, although I give the Bucks defense some credit, they did a nice job, The Mavs and magic are probably the two worst defensive teams in the league, so last week was easy for Ron.

One minute I thought AL was playing a great game, the next I wnted to strangle him. The pacers interior defense really suuffers when Jeff comes out and AL comes in.

Wow AJ was bad tonight, and yes I blame ragnar for all this, he was fine until you started ripping him :devil:

Theshop
03-30-2004, 11:49 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :cry: :o :cry: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :( :( :(

Cactus Jax
03-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Also another problem with the Pacers roster that was exposed tonight was that they don't have a forward or center that comes off the bench that can muscle guys, make the hustle plays, block shots, and possibly even score down low. Cro is basically an outside player, and Pollard is pretty useless. My guess is that will change next year when Jeff moves back to the bench, if a guy like Dampier is signed in free-agency.

Again the Artest, Harrington, and O'Neal frontline sounds good on paper but it's not very effective in terms of rebounding, going against quick front-court players, or on the offensive end as they all clog the paint.

The Pacers really missed a Bender type spark off the bench tonight as he would've really stretched out their defense.

The Pacers better win tomorrow(and big I hope) or I smell a crushing blow to their spirits.

Tim
03-31-2004, 01:00 AM
[

One minute I thought AL was playing a great game, the next I wnted to strangle him. The pacers interior defense really suuffers when Jeff comes out and AL comes in.

:

I saw Jo Smith go right at Al and scored late in the game. Rick put in Jeff for Al. Jo Smith went right at Jeff and scored.

It wasn't just Al, Jo Smith and others scored on everybody.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 01:40 AM
PACERS CENTER JEFF FOSTER

"Joe Smith just killed us. I'm one of the people responsible, along with others. He had a great game and we didn't have an answer for him."

"Tomorrow night is basically a must win game to show to ourselves, to show our fans and to show them that we can beat them. They have had our number this year."