PDA

View Full Version : can we forgive Him

cracktower
12-19-2005, 04:39 AM
I know I will get burned for saying this.

But guys, cant we just forgive and forget this situation.:(
We will never get equal value for him, and why should we care wether Ronny is mentally unstable as long as we are winning games and have a good chance to win the championship.

say whatever you like about him, but the truth is witout him we are just an above average team, with him we are contenders.

Artest is pleading to stay back guys:cry: show some mercy and forgive the dude. How can you hold a grude against a metally ill person.

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-19-2005, 04:47 AM
I had to chuckle a little. It's true, Ron is somewhat "mentally challenged" or so it appears. However, it's not us fans you have to convince. It's DW, JO, Croshere, and others. If the team no longer wants his crap, then I can't imagine DW letting him back in. When is Ron going to grow up? Sometimes it takes some hard lessons. How many chances does this guy deserve? It's hard to build back a bridge when the materials are all turned to ash.

NPFII
12-19-2005, 04:49 AM
If I had a 3rd cheek - maybe...

But since the 1st one is still hurting. and the 2nd still ringing - ummmm... NO.

cracktower
12-19-2005, 04:56 AM
If I had a 3rd cheek - maybe...

But since the 1st one is still hurting. and the 2nd still ringing - ummmm... NO.

well technically you have four:blush: cheeks, so two more to go:laugh:

317Kim
12-19-2005, 05:13 AM
MAYBE! just MAYBE about a 2.6% chance I will forgive but I probably wont forget. The thing is it doesnt matter if I forgive him because it sounds to me like the guys won't. Jack is the only one that seems to forgive Ron.

"Forgive and Forget" = easier said than done.

ReGGiesBoOmBaby
12-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Ummm...NO
The Ron Artest era is over. the end is near:( :cry:

cramerica
12-19-2005, 07:25 AM
I just want the Pacers to win......with or without Artest.

Unclebuck
12-19-2005, 07:43 AM
I certainly can forgive him, I have no problem doing so, I'd welcome him back with open arms. But I don't think his teammates can or will

SoupIsGood
12-19-2005, 07:45 AM
I will forgive him, I have no problem with that. He just isn't a part of this team anymore, his time is up.

Stryder
12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
I'll post what I did in a previous thread...

If you let Ron rejoin the team, then you run the risk of him doing this yet again. In Artest's mind, he'll be able to get away with anything, and still be able to play ball.

Hell, look at the past two seasons.

Last season, e was suspended for 89% of the regular season and the team took him back with open arms.

This season, he openly went to the media, and threw his team and coach under the bus by publicly requesting a trade, without first going to management or consulting the team.

What could be next in Artest's repertoire if he was allowed to join the team? There might be some calm moments at the beginning, but believe me, something ELSE will happen with Artest, if he is allowed back on the team.

sixthman
12-19-2005, 08:07 AM
I certainly can forgive him, I have no problem doing so, I'd welcome him back with open arms. But I don't think his teammates can or will

That is how I feel. It's JO's and his teammates call. They know the reality better than anyone else. If they don't want to play with Artest, I am very kool with that.

Slick Pinkham
12-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I can believe that anyone doesn't want this tumor removed. As Donnie said, it's not just his latest complaints. They have overlooked lots of things over the years and it's time to let go.

It's like a marriage where your wife has been cheating on you for years and you have gone to counciling, given her 589 second chances, believed her false promises every time, and are contemplating giving her a 590th second chance after catching her in bed with your mailman.

Give it up.

Move on.

Unclebuck
12-19-2005, 09:05 AM
It's like a marriage where your wife has been cheating on you for years and you have gone to counciling, given her 589 second chances, believed her false promises every time, and are contemplating giving her a 590th second chance after catching her in bed with your mailman.

Give it up.

Move on.

Yes but she's so hot

Slick Pinkham
12-19-2005, 09:07 AM
:lolchair:

heywoode
12-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Yes but she's so hot

Yes, but there are a ton of hot ones out there that WON'T cheat on you...It may not seem like that now, but trust me, that is one horse that is easy to get back on.

He ain't that great.

I would rather take our chances with the team we've got. (Willing to entertain offers for SJax too.) At least they want to play every night and won't be a constant distraction.

Pacesetter
12-19-2005, 09:13 AM
I know I will get burned for saying this.

But guys, cant we just forgive and forget this situation.:(
We will never get equal value for him, and why should we care wether Ronny is mentally unstable as long as we are winning games and have a good chance to win the championship.

say whatever you like about him, but the truth is witout him we are just an above average team, with him we are contenders.

Artest is pleading to stay back guys:cry: show some mercy and forgive the dude. How can you hold a grude against a metally ill person.

When asked by Chris Dinari, if he would play with the team again, Ron came right out and said, "No." There was no wavering tone in his voice, it was straight up NO. At some point excuses go out the window. Thinking about that particular comment and the way he so coldly proclaimed it, was it for me. There's no going back, and he's better off moving on, and forgetting it here. As New Yorkers say, it's oh-va!

Hicks
12-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I honestly can't get people who want the Pacers to forgive him anymore. How many times does your exotic pet have to eat a neighbor's kid before you realize it's time to let it go?

BillS
12-19-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry, I am now a member of RonAnon.

"Hi, I'm BillS and I'm an Artest codependent"

From all things that have happened through his time here, it has become obvious that different people have different levels of tolerance when it comes to Ron.

That said, this was not just an outburst in a locker room that was corrected when things cooled down. This was initially stated in a media interview, then repeated in multiple interviews, and only retracted when it suddenly looked like Poor Ron was going to be the bad guy.

Jay and others, I have crossed the bridge and come to the other side. I will always mourn that Ron's talent could not be harnessed for Good and wish that things had been otherwise. However, if the Pacers take him back it disses the rest of the team - and particularly JO, who I feel has had every right to say what he has said, publicly - to a degree that would destroy any chance of them working together.

Bye, Ron. Don't let the door hit you in the donkey on the way out.

sweabs
12-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I am sorry, but I don't see how some of you guys can want him back at all - even if the teammates do (which isn't going to happen).

I was a big Artest fan as well; my favourite player in the league. But seriously, at some point you have to say "enough is enough"...and guys, this has gone beyond enough. Just come to acceptance with the fact that he's gone, and be done with it. He is not a good teammate and will inevitably screw up any team he is on - you need to accept this fact.

Harddrive7
12-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Well, I think the question is, can the Pacers Organization take another hit like this last one? I mean how many times does one need to look the fool before realizing it?

I think DW is tired of it all and knows that this franchise is on the verge of becoming a legitimate laughing stock.

DW is too classy to let RA back in here.

Peck
12-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm just glad that somebody actually finally made this post.

Because I know there are still more out there who will support Ron no matter what he says, does or pretends.

Now this next question is NOT to the Artesians out there, those who will want RonRon on the team no matter what. This is for thos who are teetering on the edge.

Let's assume that J.O. relents & accepts him back. Let's say Bird, Walsh and everybody else wants him back.

What has changed? Has Ron finally seen the light & now will accept being the second fiddle on offense? Will he be ok with a structured half court set? Will he no longer get bored with playing low post offense?

Again, this question is not for those who still support Ron but for those of you who don't know if you would want him back or not.

CableKC
12-19-2005, 02:06 PM
If all we can get back is Baby Al and Walsh/Bird does the unthinkable and decides not to trade Artest...then I will only tolerate his presense on the team for this season while I watch the Warriors make it to the playoffs.

The only way that I can forgive him for what he did this season ( but not forget...while keeping him on a very short leash ) is if all of the following happens:

- the Pacers get to the NBA Finals with him on the roster
- Artest stays quiet for the rest of the season
- Artest continues his role of being the "lockdown defender" that we all loved about him while AND whole-heartedly accepting the "3rd scoring" option on the team.
- Artest doesn't compalin when we trade his @ss at the beginning of the offseason when any of the above doesn't happens.

The only way that I feel that we all can forget is if we get over the hump that is called the Pistons....which seems to be a VERY tall order to fill.

I know it sounds stupid......but the only reason I say this is because I think that we need a solid above average defender at the SG spot in return for Artest to win it all. Harrington may be decent at the defensive end....but he is never going to shutdown Lebron, Rip or Paul Pierce when and if we meet any of them in the Playoffs. When it comes to effectively defending the SG spot....this is a not a preference to have in the Eastern Conference....this is a requirement....if we don't address it...we are screwed.

Los Angeles
12-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Cable - why do we need a lockdown defender at the 3?

That's not a necessary component. We just need someone who will fit in with skills AND attitude.

We made it to the finals with Jalen Rose. That's enough to say about the necessity of defense at the 3 position.

MagicRat
12-19-2005, 02:13 PM
But I don't think his teammates can or will

On the 13 SportsJam last night, JO was pretty adamant in stating he doesn't want Ron back.

I believe the quote was "That bridge is burnt."

penn13
12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
On the 13 SportsJam last night, JO was pretty adamant in stating he doesn't want Ron back.

Ron has to be traded. JO has made that decision for DW and LB.

Frank Slade
12-19-2005, 02:19 PM

He also said he wished Artest well on his future career and hope that get's the contract that he wanted...

Arcadian
12-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I have come to the point where I feel sorry for him. I realized last night last season wasn't the rock-bottom he had to hit to change. He is not done sabatoging his career. I hope the Ron Artest story has a happy ending but it isn't going to come in a Pacer Jersey.

Los Angeles
12-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Ron has to be traded. JO has made that decision for DW and LB.
NO NO NO!!!!!

RON made that decision, and Ron alone.

Sorry to sound so serious, but it's the only way to look at it. :)

Ultimate Frisbee
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I forgive, no problem here...

I don't expect his teammates to however... they clearly don't understand him and probably never will. He is best going elsewhere.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
NO NO NO!!!!!

RON made that decision, and Ron alone.

Sorry to sound so serious, but it's the only way to look at it. :)

Well, technically, Ron also has made the decision to stay... or at least he is trying to...

CableKC
12-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Cable - why do we need a lockdown defender at the 3?

That's not a necessary component. We just need someone who will fit in with skills AND attitude.

We made it to the finals with Jalen Rose. That's enough to say about the necessity of defense at the 3 position.
We don't need a lockdown defender at the SF spot......we need a lockdown defender..... more specifically a player that can effectively limit the top All-Stars that we ( in the Eastern Conference ) is going to face that will give us huge problems in the playoffs....like Lebron, Wade, Rip and ( to a lesser degree ) Pierce.

When it comes to the playoffs.....there is not such thing as playing okay defense on Lebron, Wade or Rip.....we either do or we don't...both of which won't get us past those teams.

Also...we made it to the finals 5 years ago when players like Rip, Lebron and Wade weren't in our conference. For those that know...who guarded Kobe during the finals? Wasn't it Derrick Mckey? I thought that he was pretty solid on the defensive end ( not sure....pls correct me if I am wrong ).

Los Angeles
12-19-2005, 02:33 PM
We don't need a lockdown defender at the SF spot......we need a lockdown defender..... more specifically a player that can effectively limit the top All-Stars that we ( in the Eastern Conference ) is going to face that will give us huge problems in the playoffs....like Lebron, Wade, Rip and ( to a lesser degree ) Pierce.

When it comes to the playoffs.....there is not such thing as playing okay defense on Lebron, Wade or Rip.....we either do or we don't...both of which won't get us past those teams.
Speaking in broad, general terms, I think we can do well with decent team/help defense against those guys as well as improved rebounding when they miss.

I think we can adjust to a new scheme with new assets without trying to match what we are losing. It's been said alot around here. We are facing a situation of addition though subtraction. I don't want a lesser Ron, I want a great [insert name].

Los Angeles
12-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I guess I haven't addressed the main topic of the thread.

Yes, I suppose if I met Ron on the street (which could happen - the two teams here have both been lightly rumored possibilities) I wouldn't spit on him. I can forgive him.

But facts are facts - Ron publically sabotaged any chance at chemistry the team had, at a time when chemistry was considered their biggest weakness. That is truly unforgivable.

And one very, very big point:

If I were traded away WITH Ron (and therefore BECAUSE of Ron), I would hate him even more, perhaps to the opint of not showing up to my new job.

Every player at Indiana is blessed to be here. Getting traded because Ron forced the management's hand is just one more reason to NEVER, EVER forgive him.

RWB
12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Took some vacation time, did anything happen while I was gone? :)

To answer the main question.....NO, I can not forgive him. In fact if the Pacers keep Ron Artest I will never buy another ticket, another jersey/shirt, or purchase anything associated with the team.

Lord Helmet
12-19-2005, 03:05 PM

Yep.

It is over. Even I say it.

SoupIsGood
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I will still like to watch Ron. Hell, it's the best situation when he's on another team. You can enjoy his awesome play and not worry him crapping and missing.

ABADays
12-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Him? Wow - I never thought of Ron approaching the deity of Him.

cracktower
12-19-2005, 04:36 PM
so much ill will for the poor fool:cry:

Maybe in a few months when we start losing things miight change;)

GO!!!!!
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out... Hasta La Vista Scum Bag....

clownskull
12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
yep, i can't get the people who want him back either hicks. this is really ridiculous. i said it before and i will say it again. even if he were as talented and as dominant as jordan in his prime was- he still would not be worth all the b.s. and drama. i supported him up until this last screw up.

he wasn't interested in helping the team last year when he did his promotional stuff. even talked crap like retirement and how he didn't need basketball and such. this guy is a loser. i will not forgive and forget this- this was the last bit. he is not going to play for this team again and that makes me feel relieved.

heywoode
12-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Maybe in a few months when we start losing things miight change;)

Not even if we don't win another game this year.

Sollozzo
12-19-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't hold any grudge against him because I've never met him.

I just don't want him near a Pacers uniform.

Evan_The_Dude
12-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Anybody ever had a friend that seemed like he or she would go out of his of her way for you? Then come to find out he or she is also the type to come into your house and leave with something of yours in their pocket?
"I forgive him, he's a good person, but I don't trust him."

That situation reminds me of how I feel about Ron Artest.