PDA

View Full Version : 2 Thoughts I Had

Isaac
12-19-2005, 12:20 AM
1.) Jermaine is really, really bad at the opening tip off, he always jumps way too early, and loses it to the other team almost every time. I know its not that important of course, but I think its time Rick let someone else do the jumping. Maybe when Foster comes back in as a starter.

2.) Why doesn't anybody finish with a dunk anymore? I love SJax, but his weak layups after penetrating are really, really pissing me off. Cro did the same thing, and so did Jermaine at least once. I just can't figure out why the soft play around the basket.

pacers11789
12-19-2005, 01:31 AM
maybe tinsley could do the opening tip?

Kegboy
12-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Didn't Dale tip when he was back?

I hesitate to say JO is bad at it, considering I had Fever tickets for 3 years. The WNBA actually has decided to go back to possession arrows after the opening tip. It wasn't so much the women as the refs didn't know how to do it. :shakehead

sweabs
12-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Not that this is a big deal, but the reason Jermaine doesn't win tip-offs is because of his vertical.

He doesn't have a very big vertical to begin with, and his jump is not exactly that quick. When I say a "quick" jump, I'm thinking of guys like Shawn Marion or Danny Granger for that matter who have a very quick first jump.