PDA

View Full Version : Next four games are tough.

Will Galen
12-18-2005, 03:09 PM
The Pacers next four games are going to be tough, They will be fortunate to go .500.

Wed 21 L.A. Clippers
Fri 23 @ Cleveland
Mon 26 @ Dallas
Tue 27 @ San Antonio

Just an observation, but if we lose all 4 and haven't traded Artest yet I bet there will be lots of people change their tune about shipping Ron out.

I think we can win the first two, but without Artest or a suitable replacement we will get our toes stepped on in that back to back Texas Two Step.

Hopefully we get Al or someone better for Ron and we sweep.

Yeah I know, both scenario's are unlikely!

Lord Helmet
12-18-2005, 03:12 PM
The Pacers next four games are going to be tough, They will be fortunate to go .500.

Wed 21 L.A. Clippers
Fri 23 @ Cleveland
Mon 26 @ Dallas
Tue 27 @ San Antonio

Just an observation, but if we lose all 4 and haven't traded Artest yet I bet there will be lots of people change their tune about shipping Ron out.

I think we can win the first two, but without Artest or a suitable replacement we will get our toes stepped on in that back to back Texas Two Step.

Hell, I don't even know about beating Cleveland, they just smoked the Heat last night.

I say we'll be lucky to win one of the games.

PacerFan31
12-18-2005, 03:12 PM
We would've been fortunate to go .500 on tose games with Artest.

Unclebuck
12-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Cavs are very good at home. and we'll see how DG and Jax can do on Bron

Hicks
12-18-2005, 03:27 PM
You can chalk up the SA game as a loss right now. As for the other 3, I think we'll beat LA, but past that it's gonna be really tough to win unless this trade gets done Monday or Tuesday.

Lord Helmet
12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
You can chalk up the SA game as a loss right now. As for the other 3, I think we'll beat LA, but past that it's gonna be really tough to win unless this trade gets done Monday or Tuesday.
Yeah, and who knows when the trade will get done.

OnlyPacersLeft
12-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I say we split and go 2-2....and we might actually shock someone and beat san antonio. If we want to play with the big boys we need to start now!

317Kim
12-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I can see us beating the Clips, then goin close with the Cavs but the back to back in Texas is just scary.

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Dallas is an up and down sort of team. We could steal one from them. SS is another story. That'll be a good one. We could lose to the Clips and I wouldn't be surprised. I agree that we'll probably bat .500 over these games...

hoopsforlife
12-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I believe the Pacers are a .500 team, unless we get another impact player for Artest, and as a .500 team we will have to lose 6 games to get there. I think four of them could come very soon. :(

317Kim
12-18-2005, 06:33 PM
:sigh: We can do better..plus we play the Raps after those four games so we should be able to bounce back.

Jermaniac
12-18-2005, 06:34 PM
We win 2 and I will be happy

jmoney2584
12-18-2005, 06:36 PM
i bet we take san antonio, we beat them in the pre-season, why not now? Especially if we have some nice new pieces (or returning pieces) on the team......optimism seems underrated around here.

P.S. off topic...but i hate stephen jackson. Good Day.

317Kim
12-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Preseason is different, I dont think the Spurs tryin during preseason..we did beat them last year but that was without Duncan, and their new kids..but I still think if we keep it close we could pull out a W :)

jmoney2584
12-18-2005, 06:56 PM
i know the competition in the pre-season isn't near as intense, but i just feel like we match up pretty well. I always love seeing JO go head to head with Timmy D, kinda gives you an evaluation of how jermaine is coming around in comparison to the top big man in the league.

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Rick will give up the small ball and go with big ball, playing David 24 minutes a night. Someone good comes in to help us after the Clip game, we go 4-0.

;)

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 08:37 PM
And also, if there were ever four consecutive games that could convince Rick to give up on smallball, these would be it. We'll get murdered if we try smallball on these teams.

sweabs
12-18-2005, 08:38 PM
And also, if there were ever four consecutive games that could convince Rick to give up on smallball, these would be it. We'll get murdered if we try smallball on these teams.

So you're saying we should give Samaki a chance?

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 08:46 PM
So you're saying we should give Samaki a chance?

Noo, play bigball, not ineptball.

317Kim
12-19-2005, 06:16 AM
hey! the Hornets beat the Spurs! hmmm...

Raskolnikov
12-19-2005, 06:22 AM
The oracle from the Matrix told me we will win 3 out of 4.

Pingu
12-19-2005, 06:27 AM
hey! the Hornets beat the Spurs! hmmm...

They have a surprinsgly good starting 5.
Now their bench is horrible but Paul, Smith & West are young and really promising players.

addenda: they were really impressive friday againt PHO in the first 3 quarters. Too bad for them they didn't play in the fourth.

317Kim
12-19-2005, 06:30 AM
The Hornets have been surprisingly good this season standing at 11-13.

3 outta 4 is GREAT!

NPFII
12-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I posted this Dec. 13, when the Artest melee was just beginning...

In the next week or so the Artest Trade will happen.

We will probably get something in return, but hopes arent too high.

Looking at the schedule, it breaks down like this:

- We should win at least 3 of the next 4 games (Artest or no Artest):
@Boston, Utah, @NY, Clippers.

After these games, the team will be a new one, and will have to go on the toughest 3-game road trip of the season:
@Cleveland, @Dallas, @SA (last 2 are back-2-back to top it all)
- Anything better than 3 losses will be great for the new team.

This terrifying road trip will gel the team, and the low expectation will allow them to play without fear. Who knows, if we grab a win there - this team might be on to something.

After that we go back for 2 home games:
Toronto, Seattle
- We should win both

Then comes another 4-game road trip out west:
@Denver, @GS, @Sacto, @Lakers (first 2 and last 2 are back-to-back)
- We should win at least 1 out of the 4.

After that, we go to an easier schedule (starts Jan 11), against easier teams up until "The February Homestand" of 8 games out of 10 at home (7 in a row).

- That's a 6-7 record for the next 13 games. Be prepared.

Bottom Line:
If we make it at about .500 in the next 13 games, that means that we're doing ok. Anything above .500 is a wonderful achievment.

Finishing on an optimistic note - the schedule becomes easier from mid-January till just about the end of the regular season. We have a good chance of finishing strong and going into the playoffs riding a new wave of optimism and team chemistry.

So far - we're doing as expected, as long as we beat the Clips.

BillS
12-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I think we need to win the Cavs game just to shut people up for a few minutes. That might not be as difficult as some are saying - short trip, some rivalry and therefore fired-upness (is that a word? :) ) from Saras against Ilgauskas. Let LeBron get his points and just clog the middle would be my strategy.

I'm also not as worried about San Antonio. They've lost to the Hawks and to the Hornets - I think they are not as all-powerful as their reputation has them this year.

gilpdawg
12-19-2005, 05:28 PM

Wed 21 L.A. Clippers
Fri 23 @ Cleveland
Mon 26 @ Dallas
Tue 27 @ San Antonio

Even if we do a trade today, it will take some time to get the new guy into our system and ready to play a lot of minutes, unless it's Big Al, and even then, some things may have changed since he was here.

CableKC
12-19-2005, 05:37 PM
We're gonna go 1-3 in the next 4 games.

As UB said....the Cavs are REALLY good at home...as in they actually know how to play defense at home. On the road...we are going to look positively pedestrian against the Spurs and Mavs.

Slick Pinkham
12-19-2005, 05:58 PM
The Spurs without Ginobili have been surprisingly weak. The dropoff from Ginobili to present-day Michael Finley is incredibly huge.

We could catch a break if he is out awhile longer.

317Kim
12-19-2005, 06:00 PM
That'd be good. Last year they were without Timmy this year lets hope Manu's out.