PDA

View Full Version : David didn't play again!

Tim
12-17-2005, 10:47 PM
The second game of a back to back, we had no energy, and he doesn't touch the floor???

Heck even if he did screw up and foul out in like 3 seconds at least he would have brought more energy!

Unless he has an injury we don't know about or has a discipline issue PLAY HIM DAMN IT!!!

How the hell is he gonna learn from his mistakes if he CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE FREAKIN' MISTAKES IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

This situation is worse than Bender's because David wants to play and we need that wide *** out there putting the hurt on some people.

I am so pissed right now.

Mark if you are out there please come set us (me) staight on whats going on with David. You know big men his size aren't easy to come by, why is Rick letting him get soft and frustrated on the bench???

Unclebuck
12-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I said this in another thread, But DH is right where he should be.

SjA3837
12-17-2005, 10:50 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing !!

And with our players getting in foul trouble... he still doesn't touch the floor.

Hell, we once had Tinsley, Saras, and Johnson all in the game at once. :mad:

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe he is getting traded with Ron? Hawks said they want a big man.

8.9_seconds
12-17-2005, 10:53 PM

Agreed.

SjA3837
12-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Shhhhh, no one wants to believe you. The mythical David Harrison is potentially the greatest center in NBA history.
It's not that, it's the fact that he could potentially be a pretty dominate center. But being on the bench wont help him at all. He would be better off in the developmental league if he's just going to ride the pine.

Los Angeles
12-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Maybe he is getting traded with Ron? Hawks said they want a big man.
Or maybe he was doing his famous "d*** dance" the same moment Carlisle's daughter accidentally walked into the wrong room.

:grassyknoll:

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Or maybe he was doing his famous "d*** dance" the same moment Carlisle's daughter accidentally walked into the wrong room.

:grassyknoll:Might be

8.9_seconds
It's not that, it's the fact that he could potentially be a pretty dominate center. But being on the bench wont help him at all. He would be better off in the developmental league if he's just going to ride the pine.

.......and Jonathan Bender has the potential to leap over mountains, dunk on the innocent, and punish the guilty with his mighty 3pt ability...........
Potential is nothing without results and David hasn't done crap this year except get into foul trouble.

SjA3837
No one wants to even consider that David is part of the problem in the locker room right now. There's a reason he was there with pick #31, and it sure wasn't talent. But bad things happen to people when they say things like that.
If he is, trade or cut him.

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 10:58 PM
No one wants to even consider that David is part of the problem in the locker room right now. There's a reason he was there with pick #31, and it sure wasn't talent. But bad things happen to people when they say things like that.

So there is a non-basketball reason. If so, fine. If not, it makes no sense at all.

indytoad

I'm beginning to think that's the case, which is really too bad.

IndyToad
Take your crazy pills

SjA3837
.......and Jonathan Bender has the potential to leap over mountains, dunk on the innocent, and punish the guilty with his mighty 3pt ability...........
Potential is nothing without results and David hasn't done crap this year except get into foul trouble.
There is a HUGE different between the two. When has David been given a chance ?

And Bender isn't capable of proving anything, because his body just can't handle NBA basketball. It isn't his fault his knees are the way they are.

Tim
12-17-2005, 10:59 PM

If you agree with this then you have no faith in him either, the question then is how does he get better sitting on the bench rotting?

I can't stand it, we have a young healthy BIG center, its our responsiblilty to mold him into a productive player and I see nothing being done. 5 freaking minutes during the first 36 minutes is not too much to ask.

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Very true. However, he had been getting a little better about picking up fouls. Maybe he just isn't listening to the coaching staff. He should have been kicking Jerome James and Channing Frye's a$$'s out there tonight. He could put a ton of pressure on them at the offensive end allowing Jermaine some room...and keep people out of the paint.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Why dont we send him down to the D league? He would dominate down there and maybe he would learn how to rebound and not foul every 24 seconds.

indygeezer
12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
For whatever reason he's been benched...and I gotta believe it is a non-basketball related issue. At least this can't go back to the old wisdom that said RC won't play rooks (or 2nd year guys)...Granger is a rook and getting plenty of PT, if RC didn't wanna play rooks it would be Granger sitting and DH playing.

Suaveness
No one wants to even consider that David is part of the problem in the locker room right now. There's a reason he was there with pick #31, and it sure wasn't talent. He has to earn his minutes, not have them handed to him for no particular reason, and he sure as hell isn't earning them right now.

But bad things happen to people when they say things like that.

My eyes!!!

8.9_seconds
There is a HUGE different between the two. When has David been given a chance ?

And Bender isn't capable of proving anything, because his body just can't handle NBA basketball. It isn't his fault his knees are the way they are.

I meant what I said about potential, but I see how the two don't really connect, but still kind of do................................

Ok, I've been caught, there have been barely any JB jokes lately, and I wanted to tak the heat of off Ron....:blush:

indygeezer
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Why dont we send him down to the D league? He would dominate down there and maybe he would learn how to rebound and not foul every 24 seconds.

HE's a 2nd year player IIRC the CBA doesn't allow us to "send him down".

Kstat
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
HE's a 2nd year player IIRC the CBA doesn't allow us to "send him down".

Actually it does. it applies to 1st or 2nd year players.

Tim
12-17-2005, 11:06 PM
No one wants to even consider that David is part of the problem in the locker room right now. There's a reason he was there with pick #31, and it sure wasn't talent. He has to earn his minutes, not have them handed to him for no particular reason, and he sure as hell isn't earning them right now.

But bad things happen to people when they say things like that.

I don't know if David has a discipline problem, I have heard he might be crazier than Ron, but we still drafted him and we still let him put on the uniform. He is available for play and we need a big man.

What a waste, when the time comes that we really do need him he will not be ready. This is worse than Bender, trade him already.

Outlaw
12-17-2005, 11:06 PM
I am starting to think that DH will be nothing more than a career backup. I hope he proves differently.

indygeezer
12-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Actually it does. it applies to 1st or 2nd year players.

Really???????? Man I gotta re-read that thing. So, in my stupidity, ignore my previous post.

tadscout
12-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I think it is more productive for him to be benched... It productively teaches him that he can not whine and get what he wants and cause problems on the team... If you give in to his whining then you show him he can succeed in causing chaos like Ron...

tadscout
12-17-2005, 11:15 PM
He has the opportunity to show he's ready every day in practice. He hasn't done so. On top of that, what marginal information I have regarding his attitude from what we all publicly know and what I've heard from a few people indicate that he's not the only one on the team creating waves right now.

Can he mature? Sure. Can he change the practice habits and actually act like he cares? Sure. But until those things begin to happen, I'm not going to go up to Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Foster, or Austin Croshere and tell them they're not going to play as much so the loon at the end of the bench who's never really seemed to give a crap about the team or being a productive member of it can get a few meaningless minutes of playing time in hopes that the switch suddenly flips and the real David Harrison somehow morphs into the magical David Harrison he's become on PD.

I'd love to see him get playing time. But only under the condition that he actually earns it. We need a productive, big-bodied 7 footer in the rotation. But David Harrison isn't anywhere close to being ready to be that guy.
:worship::applaud::thankyou:

Shade
12-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Shhhhh, no one wants to believe you. The mythical David Harrison is potentially the greatest center in NBA history.

Screw that. We all know that Peanut Butter r00x0rz the s00xorz.

Gamble
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
You know whats sad is that we will probably trade him only to resign him
in the future. It must be disappointing to slim down and show that
you have the desire to be better only to ride the pine. Its all mental
for him and i also wonder if he had a substance abuse problem.
I don't think the league has to release that info does it?

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 11:33 PM
You know whats sad is that we will probably trade him only to resign him
in the future. It must be disappointing to slim down and show that
you have the desire to be better only to ride the pine. Its all mental
for him and i also wonder if he had a substance abuse problem.
I don't think the league has to release that info does it?
That makes more sense than anything I have heard so far. Certainly being a complete jacka$$ does not keep Pacers off the floor. ;)

SoupIsGood
12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Whatever. I might as well start calling David Primoz, because he's going to make Rick look like a D!ck when he leaves.

And all the stuff about David being this huge cancer and lazy? Please.

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Looking at his stats, it is even more perplexing. He started off the season picking up 4 or 5 fouls after 10-15 minutes on the floor. By the end of Nov., he trimmed that down to 1 or 2 fouls in 10-12 minutes. He was also rebounding much better during the last part of November.

Interestingly, he had his best game on Nov 30th, shooting 75% with his season high of 8 pts in 11 minutes of play, right before he was nailed to the bench. The bench started beginning the first of December. This just seems strange as his stats show he was improving.

SoupIsGood
12-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Right now, David is on pace to play in a little over 40 games at 10 minutes per game this season.

Sound familar? It might to our Pistons fans. The same thing happened to Tayshaun Prince in his rookie year. Was he lazy and apathetic then, too?

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm more than happy to call the guy lazy, apathetic, and having an attitude problem (because it's a pretty easy argument to make). But I don't think I would go so far as to say someone has a substance abuse problem without anything more than what wouldn't even pass on Judge Judy as anecdotal evidence.

Just for the record, I did not post that and only noted that it made more sense than anything I have heard so far based on everything I have heard about him and know about his game.

Gamble
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I am not saying he does but there must be more to this story than
whats being lead on. The tired excuse of Rick doesn't play rookies and
now 2 year guys doesn't add up. Off court run-ins with RC is even
a stretch for me considering the nut jobs we have.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
This isnt David's rookie year. And Rick is playing Danny after all you know why? Because Danny is earning his PT when he goes on the court, David looks like **** when he is on the court.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Who's your favorite player Btown? Foster?

SoupIsGood
12-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Comparing two entirely different players just isn't the basis for any sort of discussion.

We all have favorite players. David Harrison is yours. We get it.

No, what isn't rational is calling him lazy and apathetic all because he slipped down to us in the draft. :rollout: Because we know those draft expert never get anything wrong.

Gamble
12-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Plus you should think outside the box bc this team is in left field half
the time. I am not trying to start a rumor i just feel that no other
explanations fit.

tadscout
12-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Oh no. I agree with Jermaniac about something.

I need to shower.

Oh no!!! me too!!!

Gamble
12-17-2005, 11:55 PM
This isnt David's rookie year. And Rick is playing Danny after all you know why? Because Danny is earning his PT when he goes on the court, David looks like **** when he is on the court.
I would have to agree with you but even crappy play doesn't earn
a consistent dnp.

Gamble
12-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Right.

I don't think his slipping down to us in the draft would cause him to be lazy and apathetic, as you seem to be trying to claim I said.

But the fact that he was lazy and had attitude problems in college were major factors in his dropping to the bottom of the first round in a league absolutely desperate for 7 footers.

And he hasn't exactly done anything to alleviate those fears.

Being in the current locker room won't do a whole lot to change any of that either.
He isn't fatt anymore but that could be the substance thing.

SoupIsGood
12-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Right.

I don't think his slipping down to us in the draft would cause him to be lazy and apathetic, as you seem to be trying to claim I said.

Yeah, that's clearly what I meant. :rolleyes:

You choose to ignore that he has worked his *** off during both the offseasons that he's been a Pacer.

Pacers#1Fan
12-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Alright guys back to your corners.

Gamble
12-18-2005, 12:02 AM
If you read my post i said first and second. That is all.

Gamble
12-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Sounds like the Pacers locker room in here. :boxer:

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Sounds like the Pacers locker room in here. :boxer:

Btown threw the cup, I was just defending myself, man. Self-defense, honest.

BlueNGold
12-18-2005, 12:12 AM

That might be true, but DH's stats show he had clearly been improving. ...but you are right, he has not looked good at times....but an opportunity to get on the court might cure that.

...oh, and DG only exploded on the scene last night because he was given an opportunity. Fortunately Artest forced Rick's hand and DG delivered.

Gamble
12-18-2005, 12:12 AM
I was the fat white guy who was just trying to see what was going
on when Jermaine came and slipped on my face. :fatbanana:

Pacesetter
12-18-2005, 12:14 AM
When David gets some more minutes, and he WILL get some more minutes ... it's up to him how he plays, and that's what the coaches must go with. If he gets out on the floor every single game and picks up two quick ill-advised fouls, that's what the coaches have to go by. If he gets out there and shows he can catch the ball in the low post and convert without traveling or turning the ball over, that's what the coaches have to go with. I'm of the belief that the players either increase their minutes or decrease them by how they play when they get minutes. I do agree that Harrison looks like a wide body that could become quite talented in this league, but he can't go losing his top breaking real property at Conseco, even if it is his own picture. When he's on the court, he's got to earn his minutes and build respect between teammates. Many times when players are shooting ft's, between shots when they encourage each other David seems to be off in lala land instead of giving the shooter a ^5. He's got to be in the game mentally before it's smart to put him in the game physically, JMO.

I like Big Dave, but he's gotta work really hard to squeeze between Jeff and Scot.

BlueNGold
12-18-2005, 12:21 AM
When David gets some more minutes, and he WILL get some more minutes ... it's up to him how he plays, and that's what the coaches must go with. If he gets out on the floor every single game and picks up two quick ill-advised fouls, that's what the coaches have to go by. If he gets out there and shows he can catch the ball in the low post and convert without traveling or turning the ball over, that's what the coaches have to go with. I'm of the belief that the players either increase their minutes or decrease them by how they play when they get minutes. I do agree that Harrison looks like a wide body that could become quite talented in this league, but he can't go losing his top breaking real property at Conseco, even if it is his own picture. When he's on the court, he's got to earn his minutes and build respect between teammates. Many times when players are shooting ft's, between shots when they encourage each other David seems to be off in lala land instead of giving the shooter a ^5. He's got to be in the game mentally before it's smart to put him in the game physically, JMO.

I like Big Dave, but he's gotta work really hard to squeeze between Jeff and Scot.
I can see that happening. He might also have a motivation problem. I think that was one of the knocks on him and why he dropped.

Maybe they are withholding PT to influence work ethic. Ok, enough with the speculation...I am finished *****ing about it....but I am still steaming :mad: .

Kegboy
12-18-2005, 01:04 AM
For those who say his lack of minutes is "proof" he's a troublemaker, you need to remember how our coach feels about developing players.

We got killed on the boards tonight. K-I-L-L-E-D. Now, granted, David is not a good rebounder. But he is a space-eater. That's got to count for something.

Peck complained recently about getting tired of Rick's small-ball fascination, and I have to agree. Austin getting massive minutes at the 5, playing Danny almost exclusively at the 4 (tonight was the exception due to Jack being out), playing Eddie Gill at the freakin' 3?! For the love of god, STOP IT!!!!

I hope we get a Big in return for Ron, if only to force Rick into balancing the roster.

Jermaniac
12-18-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree about the small line ups, Man I was about to snap in the 4th.We are getting killed off the glass, and He brings Danny off the bench and I'm like good he is about to take AJ out. Nope he leaves 3 points guards and SF in there. We still are getting murdered on the glass, people are coming out of no where and just grabbing offensive boards, what does Rick do he takes out AJ and he puts in Eddie freaking Gill to play SF. Rick is really a wierd coach, I wonder if he watches the game when he is coaching or is he just checking out the hot chicks in the crowd. Sometimes I cant understand what the hell the man is thinking with some of the moves he makes.

Kegboy
12-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey, I shouldn't complain. As the one and only Eddie Gill fan on here, I got to tell you, he's gonna revolutionize the Small Forward position. Word.

:rollout:

Anthem
12-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm more than happy to call the guy lazy, apathetic, and having an attitude problem (because it's a pretty easy argument to make).
Really? Please do. He can't be lazy; you don't drop 80 pounds in 2 years by being lazy. He's not apathetic, those kind of guys don't break their own pictures over a lack of playing time. Attitude problem I can go along with, but I'm not willing to say how much is him being a bad person and how much is him not understanding why Carlisle won't let him get on the court no matter what.

That being said, I wouldn't play him in a close game like this either. But when he doesn't play in 20-point blowouts, I start to think Carlisle's genetically incapable of playing and developing young players.

Yeah, Granger played great. He should be playing more. He only got PT tonight because Ron and Jax were both out. If Curry was here, he'd be playing in front of Granger.

Peck
12-18-2005, 03:02 AM
Right now my belief is that Carlisle has his head stuck around how we are going to play & nothing is going to change his mind.

Forget Harrison for a min. the Knicks deployed a fairly good sized front line all night long.

He doesn't believe in Harrison, fine. Where was Pollard? Hell for that matter where was Samaki Walker?

I'm telling you now if I'm Scot Pollard the next time the Pacers play the Heat I would develop a migraine. It worked well enough for other players around here he might as well use it.

I'm willing to accept that Harrison is being punished for something we don't know about. Whether it's an attitude or poor practices or whatever. But why in the name of God won't Rick play any of our true centers?

Jeff Foster is giving us nothing out there. Why is he playing above Scot Pollard?

To be honest with you if this is the way he is going to use Harrison then I do hope that TPTB ship him off with Artest.

David is young, strong, & has talent.

I have no idea why he is not getting 10 min a night, every night. Look just because U.B. has proclaimed him a bad defender don't buy it. He doesn't like true centers either, he wants them all to be speed runners while all of our power comes from the small forward spot.

Harrison is a decent center on defense for what he is. But he will never EVER improve sitting over there on the bench.

I find it ironic at best pathetic at worst that some of you would give Jon Bender 6 years to improve his game beyond the "someday you will see" mode but in less than 2 years with less than a years time on the court you are ready to throw Harrison under the bus.

CableKC
12-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Its been suggested here....but I think that Harrison will be traded with Artest. He's a big man with potential....he just can't thrive and develop under the type of coach that Carlisle is....the man has ZERO patience for him.

Cuz you know that something is wrong when we are in desparate need of rebounding and our biggest Big Man is sitting on the bench.

Something is cooking...and I think that many of you guys aren't going to like the taste of it when its ready to be served.

able
12-18-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm in Peck's camp on this, I believe that Rick is scrweing this one over for very little reason except that he likes to play others better.

Btown, him being lazy?

This is a neigh on exact transcript from the question on why Harrisson is not playing on the Carlisle show last Thursday:

I agree I love to use him more, he's had opportunities to play this year, his best games have come against teams with big centers, most notable the Heat the two games we played against them, he's had a couple of other good games, ya know, he's played well at times and it's sorta like ok, well what comes first, the good play or the experience to be able to play good <chuckle> ya know, and eh David showed some signs of being a real force last year uh, ya know we used him some last night and uh, when he was on the floor it wasn't that he was playing bad, ya know, on an individual bases ya know so much, ya know as the group was struggling, so it's been hard to keep him on the floor at times, I have tinkered with the idea of starting him, there was a chance that we were gonna start him last night in Boston, but you gotta have the right kind of line-ups out there to do that and it's hard to start him and Jermaine out there with ya know teams that put a big out there that can shoot a 3 pt shot, ya know, Boston didn't start that way last night but we've seen a lot of other teams that start that way in recent games. To kinda sum this up, eh, we like David, he works hard, he's worked to get himself healthy again which is a great sign and eh, ya know, he's ready to play and I do believe he'll take advantage of the opportunities if he gets them.

Seems like he IS working hard, but that RC simply has no idea when or where to use him, because it would take Rick out of his "comfort zone".

I'm getting real tired quickly of the issues with Rick.

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 07:24 PM
I love you able. :flirt:

Unclebuck
12-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Look just because U.B. has proclaimed him a bad defender don't buy it. He doesn't like true centers either, he wants them all to be speed runners while all of our power comes from the small forward spot.

What? I thought everyone took my word as gospel.

On a more serious note, now that Ron is gone, the whole team needs to be re-shaped. They need some muscle in the middle. Foster not going to get it done, but neither is Cro. But Rick has a very good reason for not playing DH. I've put forth 3 or 4 possible reasons, but every time I do people have a cow and just say Rick is stupid. Well Rick is not stupid

Bball
12-18-2005, 10:47 PM

On a more serious note, now that Ron is gone, the whole team needs to be re-shaped. They need some muscle in the middle. Foster not going to get it done, but neither is Cro. But Rick has a very good reason for not playing DH. I've put forth 3 or 4 possible reasons, but every time I do people have a cow and just say Rick is stupid. Well Rick is not stupid

Let me get my crystal ball out...

At some point in the near future, barring a trade forced by the Artest situation, Harrison is going to get some minutes, if not a start, and Carlisle will stick with him for a good while in the game. We'll all get to see what either you see, or what Soup sees. Unless it is SO bad that he can't leave him in.

It will follow some questionable 'barely' wins or a couple of consecutive losses (maybe in conjunction with a 'barely' win or two).

Why does my crystal ball say this? Because Rick always does/tries the obvious thing... it just takes him longer than it does taking the fans screaming for it. And I am not saying he does something because the fans want to see it. I suppose what I am saying is if there is a problem the fans will start looking for an answer and there will be a concensus. Meanwhile, the coach, not apt to make kneejerk moves, will keep trying what seemed like the better idea to him in the first place. If it doesn't work as well as he thought (or as well as necessary), then at some point he'll make a move, and IMHO it'll be a move that likely coincides with the concensus of the fans.

..... or not....

-Bball

BlueNGold
12-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I thought this portion of Rick's "quote" was telling:

"you gotta have the right kind of line-ups out there to do that and it's hard to start him and Jermaine out there with ya know teams that put a big out there that can shoot a 3 pt shot, ya know".

So, Rick is concerned about Raef Lafrentz? I think Jermaine can defend the perimeter against guys like Raef....but I guess that would leave the boards open...and David is not the best in that department. If they spread the floor, I guess I can understand his reasoning a little.

...but I think the following "quote" is more telling:"

"well what comes first, the good play or the experience to be able to play good ya know"

Looks like RC is a bit risk averse to giving people experience at the expense of losing a little on "his" regular season winning pct. I think this is the true reason.

SoupIsGood
12-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Why does my crystal ball say this? Because Rick always does/tries the obvious thing... it just takes him longer than it does taking the fans screaming for it.

-Bball

Agreed. That is why I don't wan Rick fired or something crazy like that..... yet :p

Peck
12-19-2005, 12:43 AM

I take your word as Gospel.:cool:

Ok, here is a question for you.

What if they do bring in Al. Would you feel the need to retool the team if Al was the 3?

I'm not sure he can play the three, but if he could, would you feel the same way?

Now another part, this one about D.H.

I understand your reasons, I even can agree with them to a point. Now explain why Pollard is getting DNP-CD's?

Bball
12-19-2005, 12:53 AM

What if they do bring in Al. Would you feel the need to retool the team if Al was the 3?

I'm not sure he can play the three, but if he could, would you feel the same way?

JO must think Al can play the "3" because he just called him a natural SF as he talked about him on Ch 13.

-Bball

sweabs
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
JO must think Al can play the "3" because he just called him a natural SF as he talked about him on Ch 13.

-Bball

That's unfortunate for a variety of reasons.

First of all, Al Harrington cannot defend a lot of these 3 guards today. So many of these swingmen have such a quick first step, and Al's "tweener" status has him just a little too big/slow to keep up with those guys and stay in front of his man. I'd rather have Granger guarding guys out on the perimeter.

Second of all, playing Al at the 3-spot might encourage him to take that three point shot (which I am not a big fan of...in Al's case). I've noticed him taking it more often in Atlanta, and I hope it's not a trend that continues here in Indiana because I like Al when he's lower in the post. He is crafty when he's working on the low block, but I don't like his offensive game as much when he's out on the perimeter settling for jump shots.

Third of all, the entire Al situation bothers me because it's going to leave either Granger or Croshere out of the starting line-up. And at this point, I'm not sure if the difference between Harrington and Croshere would be all that significant considering how well Austin plays as a starter. I'm concerned that if we relegate Cro back to the bench, we may lose a valuable player. And on the other end, I'd hate to see Danny get back on the bench, because I think he's gaining confidence with his new-found playing time and having a starting-spot could only help increase that fortitude and development.

Unclebuck
12-19-2005, 08:44 AM

Now another part, this one about D.H.

I understand your reasons, I even can agree with them to a point. Now explain why Pollard is getting DNP-CD's?

On the Harrington thing - I don't know if re-tooling will be needed. I'll have to see what the team looks like. One thing I do know is we need foster to recover physically, he needs his quckness and athleticism back. Except for the Grizzlies game he's looked bad this season.

Pollard - he's not playing because of his hair. I heard Rick hates it and won't play him until he gets it cut. I think Rick has decided to only play Scot against the big centers. mainly becaue Scot cannot physically play too many games

Pacesetter
12-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Rick is a stubborn idiot, after all.

Rick's got a BA in Psychology from the University of Virginia.

Pacesetter
12-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Evidently, they didn't cover sarcasm and irony in PaceSetting Academy.

:blush:

Sorry, I just wasn't sure if you knew Coach was a learned man. ;)

SoupIsGood
01-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Let me get my crystal ball out...

At some point in the near future, barring a trade forced by the Artest situation, Harrison is going to get some minutes, if not a start, and Carlisle will stick with him for a good while in the game. We'll all get to see what either you see, or what Soup sees.

[snip]

It will follow some questionable 'barely' wins or a couple of consecutive losses (maybe in conjunction with a 'barely' win or two).

-Bball

^ Bball getting his prophet on.

Hicks
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I'd love to think so, but I believe this is Rick being Rick: He's the king of bowing to the other team's wishes for matchups. They had Fortsen and Potapenko.