PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger's breakout game

Unclebuck
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
December 17, 2005, mark it down as Granger's breakout game. I see him building from here.

We all know about his rebounding, his activity on the defensive end, but tonight it looked like he was going to hit every shot

317Kim
12-17-2005, 11:22 PM
GREAT GAME FOR HIM TONIGHT!
3 HUGE BLOCKS! 6 rebounds, 2-2 threes, 4 of 5 FGs, 2-3 FTs, and ended with 12 points :)

Ragnar
12-17-2005, 11:24 PM
He needs to be starting. Our starting lineup should be

Tins
Jack (or Fred or Saras)
Danger
J.O.
Cro

pacers11789
12-17-2005, 11:25 PM
congrats granger, keep it up!

Frank Slade
12-17-2005, 11:30 PM
He needs to be starting. Our starting lineup should be

Tins
Jack (or Fred or Saras)
Danger
J.O.
Cro

I can't see Jack going back to the 2...team looked great second half with Jax out

Saras is not losing a starting spot...
Granger starts at the 3... Jax comes of the bench

cracktower
December 17, 2005, mark it down as Granger's breakout game. I see him building from here.

We all know about his rebounding, his activity on the defensive end, but tonight it looked like he was going to hit every shot

Danny Granger the next Shawn Marion:) .

The guy was simply amazing down the wire, I hope he keeps it up.

Jermaniac
He had 3 MONSTER blocks tonight, and his shots really helped us out. 2 times when no one could hit anything he hit 2 big jumpers. Big props to Danny.

tadscout
12-17-2005, 11:35 PM

I believe that's a better comparison than to Artest...<o:p></o:p>

Shade
12-17-2005, 11:37 PM
:thumbsup:

Now we just need to get a starting-caliber SG so we can move Danny into the starting line-up.

Pacers#1Fan
12-18-2005, 12:10 AM
GO GO POWER GRANGER!

aceace
12-18-2005, 12:18 AM

The guy was simply amazing down the wire, I hope he keeps it up.

More like Pippen. Pippen played good D and did everything well. Kinda looks like him too.

diamonddave00
12-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Danny Granger is already a far better rebounder and shot blocker than Ron Artest ever was.

Lord Helmet
12-18-2005, 12:22 AM

Hey, hey hey, mister, I called it first!

Check the game thread......:cool: :laugh:

But, he looked really good and I hope it continues.

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 12:53 AM
To think, I only caught the 4th quarter of Danny's breakout game.

Pacers#1Fan
12-18-2005, 01:01 AM
I had to miss the entire game because of work and I have to miss the game wednesday because of work. I am glad that we won and Danny had a great game. Damn work :sigh:

Spicoli
12-18-2005, 01:06 AM
I had to miss the entire game because of work and I have to miss the game wednesday because of work. I am glad that we won and Danny had a great game. Damn work :sigh:

Somebody needs to ask Santa for a

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/tivo.logo.man.jpg

for Xmas.

:D

sweabs
12-18-2005, 01:07 AM
I mentioned this a couple weeks back, after I believe Kstat noted him as an "offensive liability", that he just needs the playing time. That comes with experience on the court.

As I mentioned back then, we saw what he was capable of doing in college. For whatever reason, his shot had not been falling up until this point. It could have to do with nerves, or not feeling welcome within the offense (afraid to take the shot), but whatever it is - he needs to be included in the offense. Perhaps he can be like a Shawn Marion-type player. No plays are run for him, but he still manages to put points up on the board. At least that's what I'd like from him at this point, because I think he can do more than that in a few years. I've been one of his biggest fans since we drafted him.

This kid was supposed to go top 5, remember. If he was on one of those teams, I'm sure they would be asking him to carry more of an offensive load then he is asked to do here (in which case, he'd be feeling more comfortable to take shots on a lottery team). Instead, here, he's had to wait his time and just get them where he can. He seems to be making very efficient use of his time.

Spicoli
12-18-2005, 01:09 AM
We need to find a way to get Granger as many minutes as possible. Our defensive rebounding has been atrocious this year. Clearly, DG will be a big help in this area.

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Granger > Foster..... so far this year?

Yes, no?

sweabs
12-18-2005, 01:12 AM
We need to find a way to get Granger as many minutes as possible. Our defensive rebounding has been atrocious this year. Clearly, DG will be a big help in this area.

I also noted this in the old Granger thread a couple weeks ago, but Danny is a baller. As long as you can play the game, you'll earn minutes somewhere. The coach will find a way to keep you involved.

Just look at Charlie Villanueva - when he was drafted, everyone said he would get no PT behind Bosh. But the guy can play basketball, so compromises are made, and PT is found. You earn your time, and when you have flat-out skills like Granger, Villanueva, etc. you will find your time on the court.

Frank Slade
12-18-2005, 01:13 AM

here is a crazy idea... wait for it...... bench jackson...sorry Stephen... we need DG in there.. and I don't see Sarunas getting benched so Jackson and Granger can start... just my humble opinion :neutral:

Kegboy
12-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Did anyone else catch where JO was saying he was such a fan of Danny in college? Between that and us trying to get Al, I'm starting to think Jermaine is TPTB. :-o

Anthem
12-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Did anyone else catch where JO was saying he was such a fan of Danny in college? Between that and us trying to get Al, I'm starting to think Jermaine is TPTB. :-o
If Danny's going to break out, it means we have no use for Al at the 3. I'd still take Lewis, though, and play Ron at both backup spots.

Trade Ron for a 2nd-option shooting guard or a big man.

Kegboy
12-18-2005, 02:11 AM
If Danny's going to break out, it means we have no use for Al at the 3. I'd still take Lewis, though, and play Ron at both backup spots.

Trade Ron for a 2nd-option shooting guard or a big man.

Maybe Rick will play Al at the 5. Or, perhaps he's going to move Danny to the 5 to open up more minutes for Gill at the 3.

Suaveness
12-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Maybe we can trade Jackson and Ron for a starting caliber SG? And start Granger at SF? I bet that could work.

granger
12-18-2005, 07:37 AM
:cheers: :dance: :shakehand

Maybe we can trade Jackson and Ron for a starting caliber SG? And start Granger at SF? I bet that could work.

:welcome:

Vicious Tyrant
12-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey, Granger looks so skinny to me. I've heard talk that he can occasionally slip down and play the 4, but he looks too slight. Does anyone have any idea if he is going to try to gain weight or stay where he is at?

Naptown Seth
12-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey, Granger looks so skinny to me. I've heard talk that he can occasionally slip down and play the 4, but he looks too slight. Does anyone have any idea if he is going to try to gain weight or stay where he is at?
He could stand to add a bit of weight IMO. Not a ton to where it'd hurt his mobility and his ability to play SF, but maybe 5-10 pounds. He's listed at 6'9" 228. I'd say 235 would probably be his ideal weight.

hoopsforlife
12-18-2005, 10:13 AM

Horizontal expansion has a negative correlation to vertical capabilities. :)

FreshPrince22
12-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I only caught the end (his last block), but judging by the stat line it looks like he had a solid night. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Let's see if Carlisle learned his lesson with Tayshaun, who did similar things in limited minutes, but ended up on the end of the bench most of the season.

aceace
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Grangers breakout game may change what DW/LB trade mo-Ron for.

ABADays
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Horizontal expansion has a negative correlation to vertical capabilities. :)

Wow - that was impressive. I think ;)

Bball
12-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I couldn't properly watch the game last night but there was a nearby TV I could check in on. Sometimes just for a glimpse and score check and not much longer. It seemed EVERYTIME I checked the TV Granger was doing something impressive. A block. A rebound. A basket. A FT.

-Bball

Hicks
12-18-2005, 12:13 PM
This doesn't change us going for Al. Rick will use him as a power forward and JO as the center.

pizza guy
12-18-2005, 01:10 PM
If Carlisle decides to play Danny more, that means less playing time for Jackson because, IMO, Sarunas is a much better SG, and I think Jackson is digging himself a hole with not only the fans, but the orginization as well. Everyone knows that Jack and Ron are buddies, and everyone knows that Jack doesn't really fit with our offense. Granger coming up and playing this well makes it easier to trade Jackson. Ron and Jack has to intrigue someone enough to give us a good deal.

sweabs
12-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Ron and Jack has to intrigue someone enough to give us a good deal.

Step right up! Get two hotheads for the price of one!

Unclebuck
12-18-2005, 02:13 PM
A frontline of Granger, Al and J.O. is very intriquing. Al and DG are interchangable in a lot of ways. Which will allow matchup problems for the opponents

Kstat
12-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Step right up! Get two hotheads for the price of one!

I don't think you could get any GM in the NBA to take BOTH Jackson and Artest. By themselves they have more value.

SoupIsGood
12-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I would think Denver might be interested in Jack.

GO!!!!!
12-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Has anyone asked Jermaine if he wants to Play Center Full time....

There are alot of Buts and ifs out there at the moment

I'd much prefer a three way to maybe get Nazr from the Spurs...

I want a rebounding shotblocking 7 foot Sensation... or just a All Star SG then..

we have Foster... so get me Ray Allen.....

Naptown Seth
12-18-2005, 10:36 PM
I would think Denver might be interested in Jack.
Could be, but for what? Anything we'd want, they wouldn't give up, and anything they'd give u,p we wouldn't want.

SoupIsGood
12-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Could be, but for what? Anything we'd want, they wouldn't give up, and anything they'd give u,p we wouldn't want.

Good point.

Let me think about it a bit.

Hmmmm

Hmmmarrrraaghhhmmmmm

I've got it!

Jack-for-Watson!

:devil: