PDA

View Full Version : (FAKE) Bucher reporting deal close...

JBones19
12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
For what it is worth- posted by Pacers0506
From RATS board-

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130189

"I just saw on ESPN News that the Pacers are mulling over two deals...one sending Artest and Pollard to Sacramento for Bonzi and Peja,and the other Artest to NY for Crawford and Q Rich.NOTHING IS OFFICIAL but this is just the latest update from Rick Beucher or whatever his name is.There was a third deal where the Pacers would get Jalen Rose in exchange for Artest and Croschere but they passed on it. The Pacers didn't want Rose."

Anyone see this to confirm????

-J

tadscout
12-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Out of those 2 I'd rarther have the NY deal...

Kaufman
12-17-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd probably error on the side of doing neither. Why do we want to trade one nutcase for another??

Nutcases:
Artest
Craw
Bullseye

PeaNutcases:
Peja
Jalen
Pollard

Normal Cases:
Q Rich
Croshere

By the way all, UK wins! Spread the word.

cracktower
12-17-2005, 06:28 PM
For what it is worth- posted by Pacers0506
From RATS board-http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130189

"I just saw on ESPN News that the Pacers are mulling over two deals...one sending Artest and Pollard to Sacramento for Bonzi and Peja,and the other Artest to NY for Crawford and Q Rich.NOTHING IS OFFICIAL but this is just the latest update from Rick Beucher or whatever his name is.There was a third deal where the Pacers would get Jalen Rose in exchange for Artest and Croschere but they passed on it. The Pacers didn't want Rose."

Anyone see this to confirm????

-J

I dont know about getting both Bonzi and Peja, seems to good to be true.
HOwever, they both have expiring contracts and we would not have the cash to sign them both.:mad:

Crawford and Richardson are just two overpaid players.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I would do both of them

Lord Helmet
12-17-2005, 06:29 PM
With those two trades, I think I like the NY one better, Crawford is a good shooter, I remember he dropped 50 when he was on the Bulls.

I still wouldn't be mad, if we did the Peja deal, because I still like Peja and plus we would move Ron to the west. I guess I would just hope Peja could stop his "choking" ways.

Things are going to get pretty interesting.

JBones19
12-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I would do both of them

hot.

Will Galen
12-17-2005, 06:31 PM
The RATS board read the other posts this guy reporting the rumor has made and decided it's a fake.

tadscout
12-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Well we're playing NY... and SAC is also playing tonight... maybe one will tip their hand that the deal is done...

Dr Huxtable
12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Since Artest was once rumored to be traded for Wells straight up, the Sac deal sounds great.

That is, if all this was actually reported.

JBones19
12-17-2005, 06:37 PM
The RATS board read the other posts this guy reporting the rumor has made and decided it's a fake.

Just read those too- sorry I kinda jumped the gun on this one maybe.

-J

sweabs
12-17-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't like either deal for us. I hope this isn't true. I don't think any of those guys would fit in well with the current team make up (unless we are going to make alternate trades to get rid of Jackson/Tinsley, etc.).

Naptown Seth
12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
The Peja/Bonzi deal is fabulous. Thats 2 high quality starters for a nutjob and a guy who's a better comedian then he is a basketball player. That would allow us to start Bonzi, and send Jackson packing for a good backup bigman.

But they're probably both fake.

Unclebuck
12-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Of those two I like the Kings trade much more

Will Galen
12-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Even if ESPN did report this I wouldn't believe it.

1] Donnie is not going to trade for Bonzi, period.

2] Look at Crawford and Richardsons deals, they total 13 million this year and a total of 90 million. Think Donnie would do that? No young players and no cap relief?

This screams FAKE from the get go!

Pacersfan46
12-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Probably not true, but I'd take the Peja/Bonzi deal EASILY.

I can't believe anyone would say otherwise, really.

Will Galen
12-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Probably not true, but I'd take the Peja/Bonzi deal EASILY.

I can't believe anyone would say otherwise, really.

I wouldn't say otherwise, I would scream it!

Memphis didn't even want Bonzi on their playoff team last year, and Donnie Walsh is going to trade for him? NEVER!

Pacersfan46
12-17-2005, 06:53 PM
People complain about Jackson ... god forbid we get Crawford, and Q .... they both shoot worse than he does.

Our team shooting % would drop like a rock. In Q's last 3 years he's failed to shoot above 40%, and for Crawford it's the same thing for the last 2 years. Blech

tadscout
12-17-2005, 06:56 PM
People complain about Jackson ... god forbid we get Crawford, and Q .... they both shoot worse than he does.

Our team shooting % would drop like a rock.

You think Bonzi w/ his supposed reported past will mesh very well with Sarunas, Croshere, or Foster... He'd be worse then the Jackson-Sarunas passing problem we have now...

Pacersfan46
12-17-2005, 06:59 PM
You think Bonzi w/ his supposed reported past will mesh very well with Sarunas, Croshere, or Foster... He'd be worse then the Jackson-Sarunas passing problem we have now...

That's presumptuous. Bonzi isn't Jackson, you don't know how he will react to any given individual. You can't even begin to make that assumption. However, Crawford and Q can't shoot, and a new uniform won't magically make that change.

Regardless, at least Bonzi can play defense, and Peja can shoot.

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Do the Kings deal!

Naptown Seth
12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
It's fake people! A guy over at IndyStar said he's been watching ESPN all day and nothing was ever mentioned about a possible deal. The only time Artest was mentioned was regarding the NBA P.A. challenging his $10,000 fine.

Cactus Jax
12-17-2005, 07:06 PM
I'd like to let people know that Bonzi Wells is having a pretty damn good year for Sacto so far, and has had no incidents. The main thing I like about him is that he rebounds very well from the guard spot.

Peja isn't playing well right now but I think that all could change with some new scenery and getting some time with Larry Bird to maybe help him out.

At the worst it's a lot of cap relief.

The Knicks deal is pure garbage in my book; I'd never want either of those players on the team, Bonzi is better than both of them combined.

Will Galen
12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
It's fake people! A guy over at IndyStar said he's been watching ESPN all day and nothing was ever mentioned about a possible deal. The only time Artest was mentioned was regarding the NBA P.A. challenging his $10,000 fine.

But if's it's true . . .

How many posters will open with those words or words to that effect and still debate it?

tadscout
12-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I take back my first post in this thread... I just looked up their UGLY overrated contracts... but still not sure about SAC... but anyway it's fake...

obnoxiousmodesty
12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Say it with me, Deep Space Nine fans....

IT'S A FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

(By the way, if this was true, I'd be very pissed. I hate both of those scenarios. Although, the Sacramento trade is better.)

Los Angeles
12-17-2005, 07:28 PM
hot.
:lol2:

Ultimate Frisbee
12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
They Sacto trade is better, but both suck.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 07:31 PM
How do both of the trades suck? We get a SF who can shoot in Peja, and could get a good scorer off the bench in Bonzi. The Knicks trade isnt all that, but its not bad. I would do both of these trades.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
How do both of the trades suck? We get a SF who can shoot in Peja, and could get a good scorer off the bench in Bonzi. The Knicks trade isnt all that, but its not bad. I would do both of these trades.

I guess I wouldn't be that sad if we did the Sacto trade, but I really don't want Bonzi all that much... I'd rather keep Pollard (despite the fact that they probably really like him still)

I hope that Peja recovers if we trade for him though...

Unclebuck
12-17-2005, 08:02 PM
If there are going to be "reports" that a deal is done or imminent, it will be coming out of the weekend. We'll likely hear about it Monday morning.

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 08:04 PM
If there are going to be "reports" that a deal is done or imminent, it will be coming out of the weekend. We'll likely hear about it Monday morning.
I recall hearing about the Jax for Harrington trade on a saturday night. I think it may have been reported earlier in the day, but it was a saturday.

BlueNGold
12-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Neither trade is great, but the Sac trade is better than sitting Artest and getting bench fodder later. I like the way Peja would spread the floor...and he is a good second option. He might be a liability on D. Bonzi will be a good player, not spectacular. I would hate to not have Polly when we faced Yao or Shaq, however...

Pacesetter
12-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Donnie keeps his hand very close to his chest. I don't believe anything unless it comes from Donnie.

ajbry
12-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Bonzi Wells is no angel either, don't get why he would be worth it. Peja is soft.

Crawford is decent, but if him and Q-Rich came along, there wouldn't be enough shots for everyone.

Naptown Seth
12-17-2005, 08:15 PM
I recall hearing about the Jax for Harrington trade on a saturday night. I think it may have been reported earlier in the day, but it was a saturday.
This article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=1840163) says it was on a Thursday.

Hicks
12-17-2005, 08:17 PM
It was a Saturday; Suaveness came and told us it was announced during the forum party, which was most definitely on a Saturday.

heywoode
12-17-2005, 08:26 PM
The Peja/Bonzi deal is fabulous. Thats 2 high quality starters for a nutjob and a guy who's a better comedian then he is a basketball player. That would allow us to start Bonzi, and send Jackson packing for a good backup bigman.

But they're probably both fake.

I agree with most of this, and seth addresses my biggest concern. Losing Pollard, while not much on the surface, gives us one less bruiser for Shaq and any other good big man. If we pull the Sacto trade off as reported (fake or not), and then move Jax and whatever for a good quality big, I'll feel a whole lot better...

BTW, did I mention that I LOVE the fact that it is being reported that Mo-Ron wants to stay now and we are still trading him?! It's just like when your girlfriend breaks up with you, leaves you doubting yourself, and then when you finally come back to your senses and move on, she comes back wanting you again....NO GREATER FEELING!! (Hey, it happened to me once!)

Hicks
12-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Unless someone comes on here to confirm it's real, I'm editing the title so it's no longer misleading.

Shade
12-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Neither deal is terrible, but I'd rather have one All-Star than two decent players.

Plus, I'm afraid we may implode if we did the Sacto deal. Too much friction there with headcases and the Charmin-soft Peja.

Pass on both, IMO.

Julius Sour
12-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Peja+Saras... Yumi! I've allready "made a statement" (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=292112&postcount=1) on this one.

Bonzi was silky when Sabas was at Portland... So, there will be no big problems for Saras...I think that Bonzi is aware of "Homo Lituanus" (http://www.liw.lt/index.php?shid=1125398404),too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :buddies: :buddies:

PEJA.

JS

Naptown Seth
12-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Neither deal is terrible, but I'd rather have one All-Star than two decent players.
Peja is a 3-time All-Star (2002-2004). Ron is a 1-time All-Star (2004). So I don't know what you mean by this comment.
Replacing Ron with Peja obviously hurts us defensively, but our offense becomes 10x more dangerous. Especially if Bonzi Wells were a part of the deal. Bonzi's a better scorer than Jackson, and a JO/Peja/Bonzi scoring punch would be as good as any in the league.

sig
12-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I'd rather have Nate Robinson and one of Crawford/Q. I'd probably prefer Crawford. Does NY have a 1st round pick in 06 or did they trade it. Make them throw that in unprotected as well.