PDA

View Full Version : Let it ride, Ron!!!

Pacesetter
12-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Since I started this in another thread, I wanted to open a brand new one for encouragement to Ron.

I don't like what he has done to our franchise, and the way he's conducted himself over the last 3 years with all the number switcheroos and the theatrics, but I can accept it as he's just learning life.

I hope there's some other fans in here who can appreciate the good things Ron has done for our team, and the way he's played the game, when he's been "on-court!" It saddens me greatly to see this marriage between Ron and the Pacers come to an end, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Whatever happens I hope Ron can bring his true talent to bear on the game. It won't be with Indiana, but that's not important. To me I want to see what Ron can do when he puts it all together, and when he does I hope he can look back and realize what things he can change and things he can't. I wish Ron luck in his new threads - except for when they might play against my Pacers!

Pacers#1Fan
12-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Don't make me laugh.

PacerMan
12-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I might hope that for him down the road a bit. Like in a couple of years. For now all I see is the chaos he created and will leave behind him.
I said 2 years ago we should have traded him and kept Al.
Sure wish we had............

ChicagoJ
12-17-2005, 02:11 PM
The biggest thing keeping Ron from bringing what some of you call his "true talent" is Ron. Of course, Ron's true talent is that great combination of excellent basketball skills from a guy who just doesn't have mental toughness or any clue how to function on a team or how to handle himself when the pressure is on.

You don't get the good without the bad, and Ron's bad - no matter what some of you have tried to say - far outweighs his good.

Hard to feel sorry for the guy. After years of being a disruptive ***, the Pacers finally reached a breaking point, displaying far more tolerance than many of us felt was appropriate/ necessary.

The only thing sad is that - for Pacers fans - the team allowed this situation to fester for years. If they would've gotten rid of this bum years ago (this was the contract extension I've always *****ed about - not Bender's, not Foster's), then perhaps JO, SJax and Tinsley might have better chemistry among themselves. But the Pacers let the cancer spread, and now it seems a major operation is necessary.

ABADays
12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Kind of tough to extend good wishes to someone who has cost this franchise so much.

heywoode
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Kind of tough to extend good wishes to someone who has cost this franchise so much.

Glad someone said this.

I agree completely. No matter how 'grown-up' I try to make myself behave, I'm going to be even more pissed if he goes somewhere else and gets his stuff together. THAT would be the ultimate insult.

He has done so much to hurt a great franchise, he almost doesn't deserve another chance with anyone....It is hard not to have these feelings, even if I know they aren't very nice and aren't the way I should be feeling.....

Sorry Ron, but the blame has to fall completely on you considering the fact that you are the only one who can control your actions. Pretty scary that the Bulls were willing to part with Brad Miller and Ron Mercer, and take back Jalen to get rid of you....We should've known that deal was too good to be true!

Jon Theodore
12-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah that's so true about the Bulls trade being too good to be true. There is probably so much ridiculous crap Ron has pulled that we will NEVER know about.

Thats what is scary.