PDA

View Full Version : Is Croshere the glue that holds this 2005 team together?

Outsider
12-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Someone help me here. I don't have the chance to watch tonights game and have been watching on ESPNs gamecast. Has Croshere had as big of an impact as I think he has tonight?

He is 2nd in scoring with only 26 minutes. I remember reading in the indystar article that we were 12-3 with him (now 13-3) and 0-5 without. Seems he is providing something we really can't live without this year.

I have now started to cringe when I see the "throw Croshere in" trades....

Outsider

(another question, does having Tinsley back make us that big of a different team too?)

indytoad
12-16-2005, 09:33 PM
I think people have been trying to trade Croshere for so long they throw him into a lot of Artest trades as a kind of twitch reaction. I've always been for trading him, but this season he's starting to earn his paycheck so I think we should keep him around for a little while. We need as many character guys as we can get.

IndyToad
Improve ourselves

CableKC
12-16-2005, 09:34 PM
I still would want to get a decent rebounding PF/C that can play next to him....he can still be a hustle / energy type guy off the bench. But I'm wondering if Carlisle should limit his minutes more cuz I want him to last until the playoffs.

I'm telling you....rebuild the team around JONeal/Sarunas/Foster/Granger/Croshere....everyone else is expendable.

SoupIsGood
12-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Croshere is very important to this team...

pizza guy
12-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I think Croshere is much the same as Reggie. Yes, it sounds outlandish, but it's really not that far-fetched. He's the veteran. He's a hard-worker. He brings it everyday to practice and the game. He never complains. And you know that his personal stats mean nothing to him, it's the team that matters. On an immature team, Croshere brings a certain feeling of stability.

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I agree. Keep Cro.

BTW, tonight against he Jazz he hit 4 of 5 treys. 4-4 FTs and 16pts.

ABADays
12-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I have always been one of his biggest boosters and defenders. Toad, I think Austin earned a lot of his paycheck last year as well. I keep calling Cro a pros pro because that's what describes him best. I would imagine he is a great teammate and TEAM is all that matters to him.

In another thread, I wrote an open letter to Donnie begging him not to trade Croshere with Artest anywhere. Can you imagine, one of ultimate team players having to go somewhere with RA? It wouldn't be right.

To answer the question, I don't know if I would say he is the glue. He's simply professional - doing his job. It just so happens to benefit the Pacers in many ways.

Coach
12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Croshere is now more important to this team than Foster. Without Ron we lose some of our scoring punch and Foster becomes more of a problem at the offensive end. With Cro in the game he can offer you some of that scoring that Foster can't. He hustles and rebounds like Jeff but he is not quite the defender Jeff is but is offense gives our team an added boost.

Gamble
12-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I think people have been trying to trade Croshere for so long they throw him into a lot of Artest trades as a kind of twitch reaction. I've always been for trading him, but this season he's starting to earn his paycheck so I think we should keep him around for a little while.
I wouldn't go as far as to say he is earning 8 mill but he is very important
and his play is getting better for some odd reason. Maybe he's starting
to realize that he is needed more now than ever. Its easy to fly under
the radar but now i would have to agree with whoever said that he's
more important than a unhealthy Foster.

Gamble
12-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Nothing against him he just isn't worth 8 mill. I don't blame him for
taking it, i mean who wouldn't but a guy making that much should
hit a 3 with pt or not.

Gamble
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
I actually like Austin and he does bring alot of much needed energy its
just offensively he wasn't reliable and now he is. Thats odd to me, especially
for a guy who has been in the league for awhile.

Gamble
12-16-2005, 11:18 PM
I understand what your saying and i am not disagreeing that its not
hard to do without PT but i expect more out of my 8 mill than what
he has given. Off the court he is priceless and every team needs
a guy like him.

Gamble
12-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Make the most of what your given and he did for 8 mill. ALot of it
your right is the coach but to me that isn't an excuse. PT or no PT you
play in the NBA make your feakin shot because you can and you should.
Alot of people said he isn't worth the money but now i am glad
he is starting to prove his mettle on the offensive side of the game.
I am not just talking about when he played for IT but to answer your
question honestly "nothing".

Hoop
12-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Croshere is now more important to this team than Foster. Without Ron we lose some of our scoring punch and Foster becomes more of a problem at the offensive end. With Cro in the game he can offer you some of that scoring that Foster can't. He hustles and rebounds like Jeff but he is not quite the defender Jeff is but is offense gives our team an added boost.Totally agree. With Ron gone Cro is the guy we need to start with JO, where as Foster was the guy with Ron here.

CableKC
12-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Anyone else concerned about him wearing down if we play him so many minutes?

The guy appears to be solid right now....but I'm more concerned about him breaking down as the season gets going. I guess he needs consistent minutes and be used more on the offensive end....but I want to be sure he is rested before the playoffs start.

cracktower
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Austin Croshere is is a solid role player, but still is really overpaid.

however it would be great if we can resign him after his present contract for a more reasonable one.

Hoop
12-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Austin Croshere is is a solid role player, but still is really overpaid.

however it would be great if we can resign him after his present contract for a more reasonable one.If he doesn't get traded in some combo deal, I could see Cro resigning for reasonable money and staying here the rest of his career. I would be totally cool with that.

ChicagoJ
12-17-2005, 12:15 PM
If he doesn't get traded in some combo deal, I could see Cro resigning for reasonable money and staying here the rest of his career. I would be totally cool with that.

Bingo!!