PDA

View Full Version : SAS: Hawks are not willing to trade Al for Artest

GetOdom
12-16-2005, 07:22 PM
He was just on 'Sportscenter'..... Hawks have no desire to ship Al for Artest according to Stephen a Smith... so we can I guess take Hawks off the list :cry:

317Kim
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
well darn...:( well, that narrows it down a bit I guess.

blanket
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
so we can I guess take Hawks off the list :cry:

Unless we do a three team trade that sends Artest to another team, and then sends the Hawks something from that team. Could happen. Not counting on it.

SoupIsGood
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Remember a few days ago...?

SAS: "Ron has absolutely no desire to leave Indy"

That said, it makes sense that they wouldn't want Ron.

Jaydawg2270
12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
What was else was said on sports center?

GetOdom
12-16-2005, 07:26 PM
What was else was said on sports center?

Nothing much, SAS said that Artest will most likely get shipped to the West according to a high ranked source... "Executive" ...

blanket
12-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I suppose SAS didn't predict when a deal would be announced, huh? This is killing me - let's get this done!

GetOdom
12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Blanket we have to stay patient! the more we wait the better deal Walsh will get ... teams will get desprate ;)

Jermaniac
12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Kill Me

Bball
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
While I could believe the Knicks want no part of Artest, I'm not quite as convinced the Hawks don't. This could be round 2 of the negotiations. So maybe the ball is back in DW's court to make the next call himself and up the ante if he really wants Harrington.

How bad do some of you want Al? Who else would you give up for Al and some other piece?

-Bball

GetOdom
12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
While I could believe the Knicks want no part of Artest,

They do, but the Pacers are asking for Frye and we all know the Knicks aren't gonna give up on him.

ABADays
12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Anyone see Al coming back after this year? I do.

Jermaniac
12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Coming back to us? We dont have nothing to sign him with

ahhteeth
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM
He was just on 'Sportscenter'..... Hawks have no desire to ship Al for Artest according to Stephen a Smith... so we can I guess take Hawks off the list :cry:

He didn't say anything about Al for Sjax

Bball
12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
They do, but the Pacers are asking for Frye and we all know the Knicks aren't gonna give up on him.

I believe what Vecsey's written on the subject. His sources are too good IMHO. Walsh and Isiah...

-Bball

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Don't forget that Harrington will likely leave Atlanta as a free agent next year.

Kegboy
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Billy Knight would have to be insane to want Artest. Any GM with a young team would be insane to want Artest. Plus, doesn't ATL already have like 43 swingmen already? Do what, say Ron's really a center, like Joe Johnson's really a PG?? :rolleyes:

Tim
12-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Kill Me

Okay, Al just dropped 35 tonight and Alt won again.

And for those who want to say Al was a black hole tonight, he wasn't even high scorer for the Hawks.

DisplacedKnick
12-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Billy Knight would have to be insane to want Artest. Any GM with a young team would be insane to want Artest. Plus, doesn't ATL already have like 43 swingmen already? Do what, say Ron's really a center, like Joe Johnson's really a PG?? :rolleyes:

Well, read a report today which makes Knight either insane or the report complete wishful thinking.

Harrington's publicly stated that he'd like to come to NY next year (yeah right - like THAT'S never happened with a player before :rolleyes: ). The thought is that because Marbury's very popular down there from his GA Tech days, they'd be willing to do an S&T.

I don't dislike Marbury - at the close of last season he was one of the few Knicks still busting his *** and was visibly frustrated while everyone else was just playing out the string. But I don't believe he knows how to run an offense beyond the absolute simplest of plays. He'd be better at SG and I'm coming to finally believe that no team will ever win anything with him at the point.