PDA

View Full Version : Ron wants back on the team?

Pacesetter
12-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Sorry, but he better speak to his teammates. Me thinks his teammates would be the best call on a potential return of the stable-minded Ron Ron?!?!!

:lol:

As is being reported by Channel 13. DOH!

ABADays
12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I heard a brief comment on the radio earlier about it too. What a freaking lunatic.

Hicks
12-16-2005, 07:10 PM
**** him.

317Kim
12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Ron and the words crazy, lunatic, and wack tend to be in the same sentences a lot .. but other words that can relate are DPOY, ALL-STAR, and Beast.

Right now he's just :crazy:

Mordecaii
12-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Did he really say that? wow.........

DEEman
12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
trading a player, who wants to leave a team, whith this kind of history is tuff, but trading a guy, who said he wanted to leave, but actually wants to stay here and not to play for another team.....

So actually his value is even lower then yesterday. Did not know that that could happen

Jermaniac
Where did Ron say this?

Jaydawg2270
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :notlisten

SoupIsGood
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Who cares

Hicks
12-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Stephen A. Smith was just on Sportscenter. He talked (SAS) with Donnie this afternoon, and Walsh is saying too little, too late, he's done as a Pacer. We have the option of keeping him on the IR all year long if we have to, and we will if a trade doesn't happen (0.1% chance of that IMO). I expect Ron to be gone in the next 1-2 weeks.

He also said that the Pacers would love to get Al Harrington back, but Atlanta thinks they can re-sign him and they don't want to give him up.

ABADays
12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
OK Ron - but you gotta promise this will be the last time this will ever happen :lmao:

SoupIsGood
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Who cares

I do.

Anyone think Ron just found out what team he is heading to (think Toronto) and is now scrambling to prevent it? All of a sudden, he doesn't want traded no more! :cryingbaby: Ron dunwanna go torooooontttooooo

Jermaniac
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Stephen A. Smith was just on Sportscenter. He talked (SAS) with Donnie this afternoon, and Walsh is saying too little, too late, he's done as a Pacer. We have the option of keeping him on the IR all year long if we have to, and we will if a trade doesn't happen (0.1% chance of that IMO). I expect Ron to be gone in the next 1-2 weeks.

He also said that the Pacers would love to get Al Harrington back, but Atlanta thinks they can re-sign him and they don't want to give him up.Fawking HAWKS, Give him back to us damn it.

Lord Helmet
12-16-2005, 07:34 PM
So it was reported on Ch.13 that he wanted to stay?

Doug
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Hicks]He also said that the Pacers would love to get Al Harrington back, /QUOTE]

He's laying the groundwork for when Al is a free agent.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see Ron stay. The guy got caught up in his emotions, he probably heard the trade rumors and was hurt by them. He said some stupid things, now he's regretting it. I say give him 1 more chance. And before you all say no, remember - this isn't just for Artest, but for the team.

Bball
12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
I could easily believe Ron never wanted traded in the first place and thought this attention grab would play out differently (new offense, new role, new coach, getting the fans to stop booing, or something else).... and his bluff got called.

I could also see Ron misjudging his own value and thinking he'd be coveted by every team far and wide.

I'm still not convinced that we won't be lucky just to be able to trade him to the Hickory Huskers for Jimmy Chitwood.

-Bball

Bball
12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see Ron stay. The guy got caught up in his emotions, he probably heard the trade rumors and was hurt by them. He said some stupid things, now he's regretting it. I say give him 1 more chance. And before you all say no, remember - this isn't just for Artest, but for the team.

You want Artest to stay? Then you tell me you want JO to go because I don't think they could co-exist and I certainly don't think it is possible now at all.

And even with that speedbump out of the way, can you feel comfortable that Artest will then be happy to be the new centerpiece of the team and won't decide to retire a month after we commit to this new direction?

And now he's poisoned other relationships (including with the fans as well as teammates).

And how would the league (Stern) look at us if not only do we decide to keep him, but give into his demands even halfway? And if we don't give into his demands then there's no chance things don't blow up again. ...And it's a stretch to think even if we fully give into his demands that things would be fine the rest of the way.

-BBall

ABADays
12-16-2005, 07:44 PM
this isn't just for Artest, but for the team.

Getting rid of him would be something good for the team.

Anubis04
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
This may have worked if Artest came out and said this rite after the indy star report and say he was misquoted...but now its too late...as much as I would love to keep him b/c of his talent...he's irrepairably damaged his relationship w/everyone on the team and the front office...its too late now...

aceace
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
It was the last straw for me. I supported him, went through a tough season last year as a fan and now going through the same BS this year. I'm done with him. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. Time for me to support the guys that have also put up with his BS.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 08:06 PM
[quote=Hicks]He also said that the Pacers would love to get Al Harrington back, /QUOTE]

He's laying the groundwork for when Al is a free agent.
All we've got is the MLE, and no way in hell would Al accept that (and rightfully so)
Only way we could get him is in a sign & trade, and I don't know who we'd be willing to give up to make that work.

Frank Slade
12-16-2005, 08:48 PM
[quote=Doug]
All we've got is the MLE, and no way in hell would Al accept that (and rightfully so)
Only way we could get him is in a sign & trade, and I don't know who we'd be willing to give up to make that work.

Are you counting Pollard, Bender, Reggie, possibly Freddie all coming off the books after this season ?????

cracktower
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
If Ronnie wants to stay, Keep him. Rather trade Jackson, he is a big distraction in his own right.

heywoode
12-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Stacy Paetz just said that she just talked to Mo-Ron's brother and his brother is quoted as saying that Mo-Ron really doesn't want to go anywhere....

Too bad...

SoupIsGood
12-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Did you just respond to yourself?

:hmm:

Yeah, I had a sudden contradictory change of heart.

heywoode
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see Ron stay. The guy got caught up in his emotions.....

What happens when he does that in Detroit again?

FireTheCoach
12-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Haha, this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm not believing a word of it unless I see a statement from a credible source.

Bball
12-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Haha, this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm not believing a word of it unless I see a statement from a credible source.

FWIW... Stacy Paetz reported during the game that she'd talked to Ron's brother (at the game tonight) and he said Ron didn't want to go anywhere. He wanted to stay in Indiana.

-Bball

skyfire
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
I had the feeling based on Ron's original comments that the 'team is better off without me', it seemed largely reactionary to Jax blowing up for 30pts against the Wiz. Now he sees Paul Pierce torching the Pacers without him there and he feels that maybe he was wrong. It is a real shame that Ron can get so easily distracted to the point where he will ask for a trade. He has caused alot of damage with his actions but if there is a chance it can be fixed I'd try it, rather than being a 2nd tier team.

Jose Slaughter
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
The is zero chance Artest will play for the Pacers again.

Walsh is quoted in an ESPN interview stating that there are at least two offers on the table for All-Star caliber players.

Hicks mentioned 1 or 2 weeks for a deal to be done. I would be surprised if it wasn't completed by early next week.

heywoode
12-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I had the feeling based on Ron's original comments that the 'team is better off without me', it seemed largely reactionary to Jax blowing up for 30pts against the Wiz. Now he sees Paul Pierce torching the Pacers without him there and he feels that maybe he was wrong. It is a real shame that Ron can get so easily distracted to the point where he will ask for a trade. He has caused alot of damage with his actions but if there is a chance it can be fixed I'd try it, rather than being a 2nd tier team.

The problem with that thinking is that the people who matter most, the rest of the Pacer players who aren't complete morons, are on the other side of the river and the bridge just got burned down last week.

At this point, even if he is contrite and genuinely wants to come back, you can't trust the "genuine" Ron. He will break your heart again. Guaranteed.

My grandfather gave me a good piece of advice a long time ago:

Everyone deserves a second chance, very few deserve more than that.

Ron is not in the very few category, and he HAS gotten more than that.

As scary as it is, we all need to get used to the fact that he IS NOT GOING TO PLAY ANOTHER GAME FOR THE PACERS, and nor should he.

Harmonica
12-17-2005, 12:15 AM
My grandfather gave me a good piece of advice a long time ago:

Everyone deserves a second chance, very few deserve more than that.

Great advice. Indeed, Ron must be in an elite category with the number of chances he was given. Donnie is a much more forgiving person than I.

denyfizle
12-17-2005, 02:12 AM

one more chance to f*** up our season again? no thanks

Raskolnikov
12-17-2005, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I had a sudden contradictory change of heart.
Let's say you pulled a Ron Artest.

Tony Valente
12-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Well I think no one here except me would agree with that kind of video the Maccabi Tel Aviv guys did on Sarunas. I mean the "Stay!" one. If not for Artest, then for the sake of the team. And don't say he can't get along with JO. Two years ago they both said they feed of eachother.

Now let's think about it. Scrolling through all those trade rumors, the only reasonable ones were Ron for Crawford, or Ron for Raja Bell and Jim Jackson. All the other (like the Rashard Lewis or Vince cases) involved other of our players too, and at this time I wouldn't find trading other guys along with Artest (just because he wants to leave the team) a good decision. Now thinking back at the two deals above, either one would hurt us at Small Forward position. Jack can't play it that well, Granger is still a kid and ... there is no other guy.

Bottom of the line: Even though I think Ron's departure is imminent, the best possible Christmas present for me would be if Ron stayed with us. And if you still don't understand my motivation, then let me remind you that Lebron playing vs Ron din't have, let's say, his best game ever. Who else could tame him like that?

P.S.: Don't balme me if I don't have a clear picture of what happens in the heart of the team. I have no American local TV channels, radio stations, papers and stuff here in Eastern Europe. My only information sources are CNN's teletext and this cozy forum...

FreshPrince22
12-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I can't wait to see his reaction when he hears everyone at Conseco boo the ***** out of him every time he moves. :pillow: :fight:

indygeezer
12-17-2005, 08:58 AM
I've been calling for an Artest trade for a couple of years...but in this instance my gut tells me it is SJax more than RA that needs to go.

Unfortunately, RA burned the bridges and he is now tangled up in his own words. TPTB have been more than fair to RA and unfortunately for Ron, he started his mouth before engaging his brain.

Steve
12-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Or perhaps he is feeling contrite with the possibility that the Pacers would be willing to keep him on the inactive list for the rest of the season. That would mean 2 years without playing NBA basketball

Mourning
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Bye, Ron! You went WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too far. IF we take him back than I don't think I could any longer support this team.

Always been a BIG Artest supporter through the years, but the team comes first. He let the team down more then I could ever tolerate as a fan. Who is going to ever take Indy serious again if we take him back? No one.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Tim
12-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Fawking HAWKS, Give him back to us damn it.

I have no doubt in my mind that Al would stay with us if he came back.

I think the Hawk know they won't be able to resign Al and are looking for a better deal from the Pacers than Ron. They are gonna get a big man out of this, and maybe a good passing PG too.

Jermaniac
12-17-2005, 12:25 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Al would stay with us if he came back.

I think the Hawk know they won't be able to resign Al and are looking for a better deal from the Pacers than Ron. They are gonna get a big man out of this, and maybe a good passing PG too.I bet he would want to stay but we wont have the cap money to pay him.

Harmonica
12-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I bet he would want to stay but we wont have the cap money to pay him.

So you don't mind losing Ron for a short-timer, a loaner?

BillS
12-17-2005, 12:59 PM
All that comes to mind with this is that Ron p**sed in our cornflakes and is now coming back to say, "Gosh, guys, I didn't mean to do that. Tell you what, eat those and then I'll get you some more."

denyfizle
12-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I've been calling for an Artest trade for a couple of years...but in this instance my gut tells me it is SJax more than RA that needs to go.

Unfortunately, RA burned the bridges and he is now tangled up in his own words. TPTB have been more than fair to RA and unfortunately for Ron, he started his mouth before engaging his brain.

Not really more than RA but yeah they both have to go. It's like Ron is Saddam and he has to leave Iraq but Jax is Bush and he has to leave Iraq as well because even if Jax claims he wants to help the team, with the way he's doing it, he's not really very successful.

Hicks
12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna say it right now before anyone else hits the keyboard: If the above post makes you want to talk about Bush or any other politician, take it to the right board and save the rest of us the headache.

Pacesetter
12-17-2005, 01:18 PM

I hear what you're saying but if Donnie said "sorry, too little too late," Ron's history.

Whatever happens, I'm confident Donnie will do his best to help the franchise get to the next chapter of our history. The Post-Ron-Ron era.

aceace
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
He has attention deficit disorder, his personality is not going to change. Whatever happens, wherever he goes he will be a distraction in some way. Its always got to be about him. The Pacers should get whatever they can. DW/LB realize this and will do their very best for this team, they always have. Ron is not stable enough to be a player on a championship team. I will eat my words if RA is ever on a championship team.

Pacesetter
12-17-2005, 01:23 PM
He has attention deficit disorder, his personality is not going to change. Whatever happens, wherever he goes he will be a distraction in some way. Its always got to be about him. The Pacers should get whatever they can. DW/LB realize this and will do their very best for this team, they always have. Ron is not stable enough to be a player on a championship team. I will eat my words if RA is ever on a championship team.

Well you can't really underestimate the value of Ron starting on a team with some of the right pieces on it. I totally believe that ROn can come back from this dilemma he's placed himself in. He has the talent and everything else can follow after that if he takes the right steps to defeat his anti-social behavior.

Ron starting fresh on a new team will do wonders for him, and his new team. However, I agree that right now he couldn't look much worse.

Bball
12-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Well you can't really underestimate the value of Ron starting on a team with some of the right pieces on it. I totally believe that ROn can come back from this dilemma he's placed himself in. He has the talent and everything else can follow after that if he takes the right steps to defeat his anti-social behavior.

Ron starting fresh on a new team will do wonders for him, and his new team. However, I agree that right now he couldn't look much worse.

Well, in Ron's defense... I don't think he ever totally had the support of all of his teammates. Obviously, an argument can be made he didn't do anything to deserve it or poisoned those relationships.

IF Ron could go to a team where he gets lots of positive attention, and the teammates remain understanding of him (don't blow up at him when he goes 'off the ranch') then maybe... maybe... there's a chance he can stay relatively stable (for Artest).

But IMHO that team will have to be winning and will have to be patient with Artest. Any friction, or pressure from losing, and the it's 'sparks by the powder keg'.

And from the other side, having a player that requires constant attention, coddling, walking on eggshells, biting your tongue, etc. HAS to be wearing on the other players.

It should be a 2 way street, but to make it with Ron it might have to be a one way street and/or lots of psychology invloved to keep Ron on the same path as the team. It's going to need to be a very mature, patient, and stable group of players to make it work. We obviously didn't have that here. We might have a front office with so much patience it's maddening sometimes, but that doesn't seem to extend to the court or lockerroom.

-Bball