L.A. Clippers Get:

Ron Artest

Atlanta Hawks Trade:

Al Harrington

Atlanta Gets:

Chris Wilcox
Scot Pollard (exp contract)
Indiana's '06 First Round Pick

Atlanta trades Harrington for a legit power forward it will be able to sign.

Hawks take on no new salary except for Wilcox. Get a first round pick back to use as a building block or trade asset.

Clippers add a top 15 player at small forward and form one of the deadliest duos at the swing positions in the league...Corey Maggette converts back to his original shooting guard position.

Elton Brand and Ron Artest have been teammates before in AAU in high school and with the Bulls. They get along well.

Clips score one over the Lakers in the battle of LA and become a legit title contender.

Pacers get fair value under the circumstances for Artest/Pollard and a pick.

Mobley probaby starts at "2" with Harrington at "3". Steven Jackson is given the sixth man role as the top scorer off the bench. Pacers can reevaluate before the February training deadline.

RealGM Trade Checker Successful Scenario 2731084

ChicagoJ
12-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Somewhere in the archives is my recommendation of an Al for Cat trade when Al was here and Cat was in Houston.

I'd like this trade, because it also gives us flexilibility to move SJax if he continues to be a problem after Ron is gone.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm so-so on the deal. I don't dislike, but I don't overly like it either.

ChicagoJ
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I looked up "Jay", "drunk", "Steelers suck", and "Dog Fetish" and got nothing, so I don't think it's in the archives.

Eh, it must've been on the old forum.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Clips are big fans of Cats right now... I don't see it happening... Maggette would be more likely...

sixthman
12-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Clips are big fans of Cats right now... I don't see it happening... Maggette would be more likely...

That would be beautiful. But my reading from Clips fans is that Maggette is the preferred player. If I were choosing for LA, he would be my choice easily.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-17-2005, 02:13 AM
That would be beautiful. But my reading from Clips fans is that Maggette is the preferred player. If I were choosing for LA, he would be my choice easily.

Well... Maggette is injured... and Cat is having a great year... he seems to be great for team chemistry as well (even more reason to want him in Indy).

Living in LA and following the Clippers rather closely, I think it is fair to say that the Clippers aren't yet ready to make a trade... They just got Livingston back and Maggette is injured, yet they continue to win... (except against Detroit and SA)... I don't think they yet believe they have a chance of winning the title (even though they might the way they are playing, and acquiring Artest), so they aren't thinking about a championship move.

Just my opinion...

sixthman
12-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Well... Maggette is injured... and Cat is having a great year... he seems to be great for team chemistry as well (even more reason to want him in Indy).

Living in LA and following the Clippers rather closely, I think it is fair to say that the Clippers aren't yet ready to make a trade... They just got Livingston back and Maggette is injured, yet they continue to win... (except against Detroit and SA)... I don't think they yet believe they have a chance of winning the title (even though they might the way they are playing, and acquiring Artest), so they aren't thinking about a championship move.

Just my opinion...

Good information, thanks.

Reports say he is about ready to come back. Maggette has played in only 13 games this season, averaging 21.7 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game. The stats seem good.