PDA

View Full Version : When it's all said & done what will the Pacers get from the trade...

Frank Slade
12-16-2005, 10:06 AM
1 All star Caliber Player
1 Consistent Starter, Borderline Star (Non All-Star)
2 Starter quality players(Coulde be Starters or 6th man)
2 Up and Coming players , (young talent)
2 Up and Coming players , (young talent) + Draft Pick
Expiring Contracts (Salary Relief)
Expiring Contracts (Salary Relief) + Draft Picks
Ron ends up staying... Carlisle Goes...
Ron ends up staying... Other players eventually Go
Ron ends up staying No one goes...Peck jumps off I-70

Cactus Jax
12-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I would say a mix but since that's not up there I went with a consistent starter but not an all-star.

BillS
12-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I want to say 1 consistent, non-all-star and non-spectacular starter/sixth man plus one young unproven gamble.

I don't see that on the poll, though :)

Will Galen
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
A quality player, a young talent, and a bit of cap relief.

Frank Slade
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I want to say 1 consistent, non-all-star and non-spectacular starter/sixth man plus one young unproven gamble.

I don't see that on the poll, though :)

Also missing from the list is one salty bag of chips ;)
I guess I should have added other.as an option. :sad:

beast23
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I say Donnnie gets the best of both worlds:

1 starter
1 young talent

Jermaniac
12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Al Harrington in a 3 team trade

CableKC
12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
I picked Expiring Contracts + Draft picks....but that was the closest one I found....I really think we will get a young player that doesn't get enough minutes and barely used ( argghh....think on the level of Ariza ) an expiring contract and a late draft pick in the 1st round.....if it sounds familiar.....its pretty much whatever deal the Knicks are going to offer us.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I have no idea, and that's part of what makes it all exciting. I just hope it's a good deal for us, and not a deal where we get back crap just to get rid of Ron.

Will Galen
12-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I picked Expiring Contracts + Draft picks....but that was the closest one I found....I really think we will get a young player that doesn't get enough minutes and barely used ( argghh....think on the level of Ariza ) an expiring contract and a late draft pick in the 1st round.....if it sounds familiar.....its pretty much whatever deal the Knicks are going to offer us.

Isiah is on record as saying he's not giving up any of his young players. WE WON'T DO A DEAL WITH THE KNICKS OR MY NAME IS NOT INDYGEEZER!

beast23
12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
I figure we aren't going to get to the Finals and probably will not even make it to the ECF.

What the heck, take the Toronto trade as long as they throw in their #1 unprotected. That should end up being one of the higher lottery picks. With the pick, grab the player to fill whatever need we have in prep for next season.

CableKC
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Isiah is on record as saying he's not giving up any of his young players. WE WON'T DO A DEAL WITH THE KNICKS OR MY NAME IS NOT INDYGEEZER!
Believe me.....I would rather do the Toronto trade then trade Artest to the Knicks. I would do it simply to shut up those stupid Knicks RealGM posters that were 110% sure that Artest was going to Indy.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I figure we aren't going to get to the Finals and probably will not even make it to the ECF.

What the heck, take the Toronto trade as long as they throw in their #1 unprotected. That should end up being one of the higher lottery picks. With the pick, grab the player to fill whatever need we have in prep for next season.
If the 1st being offered in that deal was Toronto's unprotected 2006 1st, I'd do it in a heartbeat. There's a solid chance that pick will end up #1, and a very good chance it will atleast be top-3. However if it's Denver's 1st, I hope Donnie rejects it. All that would do is give us 2 mediocre players (Mo Pete, Bonner) and a mediocre 1st to draft another mediocre player with. 3 mediocre players isn't exactly what I'm hoping we get for Ron.