PDA

View Full Version : Cold Pizza

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Is saying that they're getting ready to come on and tell us what is on the table for a Ron Artest trade and that it involves the ABA or someone from it.

Has anyone heard about this? Sorry if this has been posted.

ABADays
12-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Wow - maybe Bob Netolicky is coming out of retirement. That would make Geezer happy.

Doug in CO
12-16-2005, 08:19 AM
His value is so slow right now that they are bringing George McGinnins out of retirement

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 08:23 AM
WTF do they mean it involves the ABA somehow? How many ex-ABA Pacers are currently working as management with other NBA teams? Perhaps thats what they're getting at. Or maybe it's something involving the Pacers and an ex-ABA team. Spurs, Nuggets, Nets etc.?

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:25 AM
WTF do they mean it involves the ABA somehow? How many ex-ABA Pacers are currently working as management with other NBA teams? Perhaps thats what they're getting at. Or maybe it's something involving the Pacers and an ex-ABA team. Spurs, Nuggets, Nets etc.?

Well one would think that it would have been on by now. I guess that it's not that big of news after all.

Oh wait they're talking about him.

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:28 AM
WTH, sorry guys, that's what she said at the beginng of the program. "something on the table" I guess it was nothing.

scar
12-16-2005, 08:31 AM
WTH, sorry guys, that's what she said at the beginng of the program. "something on the table" I guess it was nothing.

You got my hopes up! I cut you!

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Well...Anyone hear that? I mean it sounds like another trade possibilty but they said possible blockbuster trade that invovles something from the ABA. Sorry I keep catching bits and pieces during the stupid phone calls.

scar
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
It's a bullcrap deal that they're pulling out their anal cavaties. Don't pay attention, it's obviously fantasy.

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Are you watching it or just speculating as they are?

scar
12-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Are you watching it or just speculating as they are?

I'm watching it. What else do you expect from her saying, 'Blockbuster deal that we garuntee you haven't heard before... blah aba blah'

We're being set up. Stooped Dana Jacobs.

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:40 AM
HUH?????????????????????????????? Oh boy, NEXT.

scar
12-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Randy "White Chocolate" Gill

Hahahaha!

scar
12-16-2005, 08:41 AM
I want "50", "AO" and "Hot Sauce" included in this deal.

Maybe we can get their announcer too. "OH BABY, OH BABY!"

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I like the ears, someone is bound to foul one of those things.

Pacersfan46
12-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I'd love to see them accept this trade.

Send his *** there!

Wuhahahaha

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey Ron could do whatever he wanted without any interference. He would be out of Stern's view, could promote himself all he wants, and be a big hit with the kids.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 08:47 AM
What was the rumored deal? Had it on but wasn't paying any attention to what they were saying.

scar
12-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Seriously, that kid didn't even make it on the And 1. He's useless to us.

scar
12-16-2005, 08:48 AM
What was the rumored deal? Had it on but wasn't paying any attention to what they were saying.

It was an actual offer.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 08:49 AM
It was an actual offer.
What was it? Something to do with the And 1 Streetball crap? Wow.

Harddrive7
12-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah they were trying to sneak this kid in named "white Chocolate" the kid said that he could be an offensive spark that our team needs. I thought it was rather embarrassing myself.

They were serious too BTW.

Pacersfan46
12-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Yeah they were trying to sneak this kid in named "white Chocolate" the kid said that he could be an offensive spark that our team needs. I thought it was rather embarrassing myself.

They were serious too BTW.

I thought they looked like a couple of complete morons.

Frank Slade
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I like Cold Papa John's pizza

scar
12-16-2005, 09:31 AM
I stick by my demand of the And 1 announcer coming to the Pacers to replace Al Albert and Quinn Buckner. He can roam the sidelines and give everyone nicknames. It'll be neat.

obnoxiousmodesty
12-16-2005, 09:36 AM
The harder Cold Pizza tries, the worse it gets. That show was never top-notch, but it used to be watchable. Now...not so much.

Frank Slade
12-16-2005, 09:42 AM
I think a show that has Merit would be Mark Jackson and Reggie..
they had mention doing it in the past.. covering all sports topics... etc..

blanket
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Wait! It gets even better! :lolchair:

http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3250717

Ask the CEO
12/17/05 - American Basketball Association (ABA)
Question from 62 people: (Consolidated): "We saw the owner of the Maryland Nighthawks (Tom Doyle) and one of his players (Randy Gill) on ESPN's Cold Pizza on Friday offering to trade Randy "White Chocolate" Gill and Lawrence Moten (the former Syracuse University star) to the Indiana Pacers for Ron Artest. Was this for real or was this a publicity stunt?"

Answer: The reaction to the ESPN show has generated a lot of response. I called Tom Doyle and asked him to respond. He said, "I was not doing this just for PR. I feel strongly of our team's obligations to players to do all we can to get them to the next level. I know Randy and Lawrence would even offer to go up for a week, just pay their expenses, to prove what they can do. As I also said, I would pit Randy against any current NBA shooter in a 3-point challenge. He is that good of a shooter. As for what we have to offer Ron, again, as I said, the ABA offers a ton of opportunities for businessmen/players, including in Ron's case to showcase his recording company, True Warriors. It also can show the world another side of Ron Artest, that he is not a bad person, as my players, under the terms of their contracts, must stay on the court to meet all the kids, sign autographs, etc. This, I am sure, Ron would not have a problem doing. Hope this answers the questions."

It appears to us that there has not been much interest in Ron Artest by other teams in the ABA. In spite of his great abilities, at this point, a trade has not been made and the Pacers have put him on the inactive list for the remainder of the season. He sat out most of last season under suspension. He does have an injury to his hand. Sitting out last season and this season cannot be good for his career as careers in the NBA are limited. The league turns over about 60 players a year, over half the league in 3 years (though players of his skills stay longer). The ABA would be a great place for Ron to keep in shape, play against good competition and to show that he can be a good citizen both on and off the court. As for Randy and Lawrence, both of these players are highly skilled and can compete in the NBA. Both could help the Indiana Pacers substantially if given the chance. We hope the offer will be taken seriously and that Donnie Walsh or Larry Bird would call Tom Doyle (email doylete@aol.com) - and offer to give them a tryout. Thanks for the questions and interest. If you have a question, please email joenewman@abalive.com.