PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for the Pacers to acquire Micheal Finley from the Mavs?

bread
03-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Do the Pacers have the right things to offer the MAvs to get Finley?

I really believe that Finley would be an ideal fit with this Pacer roster. Maybe a trade involving Al Harrington, either Jamaal Tinsley or Fred Jones, and either Foster or Pollard would be enough?

C. Neil Milton
bread@coltpower.com

NewYawk
03-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Do the Pacers have the right things to offer the MAvs to get Finley?

I really believe that Finley would be an ideal fit with this Pacer roster. Maybe a trade involving Al Harrington, either Jamaal Tinsley or Fred Jones, and either Foster or Pollard would be enough?

C. Neil Milton
bread@coltpower.com

Michael Finley is getting old, and is not the explosive player he once was. Right now, Al Harrington is playing better basketball than Michael Finley, who is nototiously bad defender. I like Finley, and I'm more than willing to give up Pollard or Freddie for him. However, salary-wise and trade-wise, giving up Al for Finley is not a good move for the Pacers.

Ragnar
03-30-2004, 12:01 PM
I agree sending Al for Finley would not be a good idea. And you threw in Foster??? No way in h3ll I would trade Foster for Finley if it were a one for one.

BayouPacer
03-30-2004, 12:02 PM
I can't ever remember thinking to myself that Finley is a really bad defensive player. He plays the best defense on his team, which might not be saying to much, but I don't think he is horrible.

Plus, I think comparing Finley to Al is a poor comparison. (I wouldn't trade Al either). But I think comparing Finley and Al is more difficult then you let on in terms of defense, since Finley is clearly a 2, and Al not so much. I see Finley as a decent replacement for Reggie if for some reason Reggie doesn't come back. I think that role in the offense would suit him beautifully. No way I trade anyone listed aside, maybe just Croshere.

Roy Munson
03-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe a trade involving Al Harrington, either Jamaal Tinsley or Fred Jones, and either Foster or Pollard would be enough?

Or maybe it would be way too much.

Kegboy
03-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Al and Pollard, I'd think about. Add Mel Mel, Fred, or Jeff, hell no.

wintermute
03-30-2004, 11:20 PM
finley has a 3 years left on his contract at a salary larger than jermaine's. that alone is reason enough not to touch him.

Anthem
03-31-2004, 02:34 AM
If we're sending players to Dallas, Cro needs to be one of them. Cuban's more likely to take him than anyone else.

duaneok66
03-31-2004, 04:22 AM
If we're sending players to Dallas, Cro needs to be one of them. Cuban's more likely to take him than anyone else.

Cuban has no need for Cro, or Harrington, for that matter . . .

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 04:26 AM
THe mavs don't lack offense so I agree why would they want AL and Austin ? If anyone Cuban would be intrested in it would be Ron and there is no way in hell I would trade Ron for Finely :laugh:

duaneok66
03-31-2004, 04:29 AM
THe mavs don't lack offense so I agree why would they want AL and Austin ? If anyone Cuban would be intrested in it would be Ron and there is no way in hell I would trade Ron for Finely :laugh:

thank you . . . excellent post . . . everytime there's a trade proposal, few people here stop and REALLY consider if the other side would need the player that the Pacers are trying to get rid of . . .