PDA

View Full Version : Lakers offering Bynum + DG and a 1st round pick for Artest

GetOdom
12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I got this off from LG it was reported on a local radio "570" SoCal station.

Hicks
12-15-2005, 09:22 PM
No thanks.

tadscout
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
No thanks.

ditto

scar
12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Why don't we just make everyone hate us by making the Lakers good again? Do they also want us to throw in Danny, Saras, and maybe Fred?

Frank Slade
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Devin Green or Devean George??? either way .. no ...

Now Chris Mihm, and Smush Parker, and something else.. uh even then...hmmm

Jermaniac
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Nope what in the hell is the point. We got a young center in David and he doesnt play as is so what the hell.

SoupIsGood
12-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Bynum and a first pick is some serious young talent. If we can't get any offers were we get a productive vet back, I saw we fall back on this.

hoopburners
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
yikes.. no way.

Frank Slade
12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Bynum and a first pick is some serious young talent. If we can't get any offers were we get a productive vet back, I saw we fall back on this.

Bynum , 1st pick are good.. for the future

but we can do better than George.. I would hope...

Pacers#1Fan
12-15-2005, 09:44 PM
We could get something better than that.

GO!!!!!
12-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd be happy with Bryum for starters, package Odem and Ricky Davis and Jalen Rose and Marc Jackson and Swift, and we can break the league's biggest trade record

I'd be Happy with Rick Davis and Bryum

Kegboy
12-15-2005, 10:12 PM
I see I'm in the minority here, but hell ****ing yeah! An expiring contract that gives us 3 insurance without taking minutes from Granger, and a lottery pick center with David's size and better hands at 18?! Where do I sign?

Btw, the juxtaposition of the reaction to this vs. the JB for George/Medvedenko is quite funny.

Hoop
12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
IMO, No Odom no deal with the Lakers.

indypacerfan54
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Bynum is going to be a very good center, Id do this trade if they would take croshere for an expiring contract

cracktower
12-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Bynum is going to be a very good center, Id do this trade if they would take croshere for an expiring contract

Bynum is too raw and young and wont be contributing for years if ever( think Bender:( ) plus we already have a center prospect in Harrison.

This trade make no sense for us, unless we plan to send Harrison the otherway, in which case what is the point, To me Harrison seems like the better prospect. NBA-DRAFT compares Bynums game to Diops:blush: and thats not what you want in return for Ronny.

indygeezer
12-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Unless we are getting a legit big man back, we can no longer afford to think of trading Austin Croshere.

cracktower
12-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Unless we are getting a legit big man back, we can no longer afford to think of trading Austin Croshere.

How fast times change, we could not wait to trade him before, now he is indespensible:laugh: .

;)

Kegboy
12-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Bynum is too raw and young and wont be contributing for years if ever( think Bender:( ) plus we already have a center prospect in Harrison.

This trade make no sense for us, unless we plan to send Harrison the otherway, in which case what is the point, To me Harrison seems like the better prospect. NBA-DRAFT compares Bynums game to Diops:blush: and thats not what you want in return for Ronny.

Bynum is already better than Diop.

cracktower
12-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Bynum is already better than Diop.

No disrespect, but based on What? Bynum hardly plays while on the other hand Diop has become a key reserve for Dallas.

indygeezer
12-15-2005, 10:59 PM
How fast times change, we could not wait to trade him before, now he is indespensible:laugh: .

;)

Not me...I have never wanted him traded. I have always said the coaches (IT) ****ed him up. Played him out of position and yanked him when he missed a couple of shots. He's getting consistent minutes this year and showing what some of us believed he could.

Kegboy
12-15-2005, 11:12 PM
No disrespect, but based on What? Bynum hardly plays while on the other hand Diop has become a key reserve for Dallas.
Wait, I thought you were saying Diop wasn't any good???

My assumption was this site you mentioned made the comparison simply because Diop was the last guy with Bynum's size to come out of HS. Then I looked it up:

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/andrewbynum.asp

Strengths: A HUGE physical presence. Andrew is the biggest and strongest high school center to arrive in some time. Bynum is a legit 7 footer with great mobility. Offensively Bynum has a small but solid set of post moves, including a very effective baby hook. He is very good at backing down players into the low post and ending with a slam or short hook…Defensively, Bynum is a load in the paint. Although not a prolific shot blocker, Bynum is adept at altering shots and forcing teams to shoot the outside shot. However, he is yet to face a player his size, so his one on one defense has not been truly tested…With time he should develop into an excellent shot blocker…The thing to remember here is that players with his size and mobility are a rarity.

Weaknesses: Raw is the word. While he has been productive in high school, the NBA is a different world. He will be facing players his size on a regular basis. Offensively, his footwork needs much tooling…he rarely shoots the ball outside of the paint. His size won't allow him to dominate like he did in HS. He could really use a small set jumper or another post move. In addition his passing out of the post is very poor and his understanding of defenses is an area of need...Defensively, he needs to move his feet more and become more active. As a rebounder he needs to learn to get in proper position and not rely on his size and athleticism. Additionally, he must stop picking up silly fouls, especially on the offensive end…Lastly, there have been concerns about his weight and conditioning.

Notes: Bynum is a physical marvel…If he works at his game, he could really become a special player. However, this same type of talk was also said of DeSagana Diop.

---------------------------------------------------------

Strengths: Prototypical NBA Center size at 7-foot and just under 300 pounds… Surprisingly athletic for a player of his size… Has a 33 inch vertical and a 7-foot-3-inch wingspan which helps him to excel at shot blocking and rebounding… Moves around well and is very mobile… Has soft hands and is very aggressive in the paint… Very young at 17 anda half years old… Has loads of potential …

Weaknesses: Very raw specimen … Not very far along offensively… Lacks great foot speed which will hurt him while trying to defend NBA big men… Losing 20-30 pounds would definitely help with his conditioning… A project for whichever teams decides to take a chance on him… Will need a few years before he will be able to make any sort of an impact… Without college, he's missing out on some key development ...

-Mike Apodaca

That's not a comparison. All he's saying is, he needs to work at his game, something IMO Diop has never done.

Arcadian
12-15-2005, 11:17 PM
There are no promises that Bynum will turn out but he is the best prospect for a true center out there. Especially if you are comparing him to Harrison. Bynum rebounds.

cracktower
12-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Wait, I thought you were saying Diop wasn't any good???

My assumption was this site you mentioned made the comparison simply because Diop was the last guy with Bynum's size to come out of HS. Then I looked it up:

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/andrewbynum.asp

That's not a comparison. All he's saying is, he needs to work at his game, something IMO Diop has never done.

No, I am not saying he is worthless. He is a decent reserve but he is certainly not the kind of player you trade Ron for, and to me NBAdraft seems to be saying Diop got the hype Bynum is getting when he came to the league.

cracktower
12-15-2005, 11:36 PM
There are no promises that Bynum will turn out but he is the best prospect for a true center out there. Especially if you are comparing him to Harrison. Bynum rebounds.

Have to disagree on Bynum being the best prospect( think Channing Frye)

As for comparing Harrison to Bynum, ok Bynum might be the better rebounder but Harrison has a better offensive game and a better shot blocker.

however in Bynums defence, he is difinately less of a knucklehead.:)

Arcadian
12-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Channing Frye is a true center?

Mourning
12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
This IS an interesting offer. What this would indicate that we are going into a rebuilding modus. I don't think the offer is bad at all, except that if the Lakers do get Ron then I don't think our pick will be very high at all. Bynum is the major piece coming our direction though IMO.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Pacersfan46
12-16-2005, 02:33 AM
To me, if that pick is this year, and protected in no way, I'd probably think about it.

Danny gets his time, Bynum is here for the long haul, and that first round pick may not end up too bad. With Artest, AND Kobe .... don't light a match in LA ... contents are under pressure, and highly combustible.

Bynum does remind me of Diop some ... but I think it's a risk worth taking ... for someone. I'm not sure it is for us though. After the Bender ordeal.

bmac
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM

I would pull the trigger on a Bynum and a #1 pick for Artest. Throw in some other Laker garbage( Kwame Brown) as well.......Obviously Bynum is the big draw here, and he gives us "potentially" the biggest bang for our buck and return on our investment. I would fully support this trade and I think it would be a wise one for our future.

Naptown Seth
12-16-2005, 09:37 AM
This is a deal that, 5 years from nowm is either gonna look great that Donnie passed on it or look like a big mistake. I just wish we could look into a crytsal ball and see how good Bynum will be in 3-4 years. That sure would make trading easier :)