PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction: Ron Artest remains with Pacers

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Sorry, but I have this strange feeling Ron Artest along with his agent will smooth things over, atleast for the short term.

Don't ask me to put money on it, but I have this eery feeling he's staying in the "best interests of all entities!"

Harmonica
12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Donnie has had it. He's gone. Thank god.

CableKC
12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Pacesetter.....taking the long shot on the odds.

Artest's agent is crap....cuz Artest didn't even talk to him about this....or worse...he ain't supporting Artest by suggesting something contrary to what his client publically stated....TWICE.

If Artest stays.....I'm gonna watch the Warriors for the rest of this season. In the 2006-2007 season...when Artest is gone..I will come back.

GO!!!!!
12-15-2005, 07:21 PM
As much As I can forgive him and want him to stay for my personal intrests, No Chance.. he burnt the hand to bad....

The Pacer Franchise will cause itself unrepairable damage if he is still here after next week...

mugsy27
12-15-2005, 07:24 PM
i gotta agree with cable. if ron stays, i go till hes gone

ssmall
12-15-2005, 07:25 PM
not going to happen

TheHotShot31
12-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Stranger things Have happened, I wouldnt be surprised...Its Ron Artest for Christ sakes.

Hoop
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
No way! Every time Ron touches the ball at a home game the fans would boo including me and I never boo the home team.

317Kim
12-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow. After all these trade proposals and all that's been in the newspaper and if Ron stays, this might amount to more trouble then if he would have just gotten traded. He's taken up 3 pages of my 05-06 Pacer book about his desire to be traded and if he stays, well...lets just say I look forward to readin the paper tommorrow.

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Stranger things Have happened, I wouldnt be surprised...Its Ron Artest for Christ sakes.

Stay with me on this ... it's definitely a shot longer than a Tiger Woods drive but what better way to build value in our resource? Yes I know he is despised for breaking the trust of Indiana fans, (including myself, because I loved the guy) but you gotta look at it from how a potential trade partner would. Right now, those 20 teams with interest are like salivating dogs. If the Pacers pull back on the deal, for whatever reason, those dogs might get pretty hungry, and with that appetite they might come up off someone of comparable value, and in this league there are relatively few ballers who can carry Ron's jock strap. Most West coast offenses know how to remedy Ron's lust for an open court, and could accomodate that and in so doing would perceivably squelch Ron's lust for a more fluid offensive set.

Something else I'll throw out there about Thomas. Thomas knows there's no better coach to put Ronnie on the up and up than Larry Brown, who made a bunch of castoffs NBA champs. Channing Frye is the only logical part of a deal, and Thomas knows it.

If the deal doesn't make a trade partner feel some sting, the deal's no good for the Pacers, and in my opinion it get's no simpler than that!

CableKC
12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I have a bold prediction of my own....I think that if we don't make a decent run in the playoffs ( as in losing badly in the 1st round )...or even make it to the playoffs....Carlisle will be let go after this season.

As to who will replace him? I have no idea......but I sense that there maybe more to this "offense thing" that we know and I have a bad feeling that it may go even deeper then Artest.

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 07:47 PM
No way! Every time Ron touches the ball at a home game the fans would boo including me and I never boo the home team.

Nothing even says he has to dress! He might just sit on the bench and watch the box score all night! :D

ABADays
12-15-2005, 08:27 PM
There is no way he is going to be here. The front office has had it, the players have had it and the fans have had it. Plus, the franchise reputation would diminished even more. Keeping him and not moving on would be a PR blunder of epic proportions.

Jermaniac
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
If they let him come back we might as well say that we will let players come out of jail and continue playing with us after their sentence is done.

stipo
12-15-2005, 08:39 PM
In pro sports money closely followed by winning matters most. Anything can happen, like somebody said earlier, this IS Artest we're talking about! I won't be surprised at anything that happens.

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
There is no way he is going to be here. The front office has had it, the players have had it and the fans have had it. Plus, the franchise reputation would diminished even more. Keeping him and not moving on would be a PR blunder of epic proportions.

... AND you're probably right.

I just read a Boston Globe column and JO went well beyond just saying he's pissed, he's basically said that it's beyond over and out, I think he even said he might lose some respect for the front office if they allowed that to happen. Just not in those words.

stipo
12-15-2005, 08:46 PM
... AND you're probably right.

I just read a Boston Globe column and JO went well beyond just saying he's pissed, he's basically said that it's beyond over and out, I think he even said he might lose some respect for the front office if they allowed that to happen. Just not in those words.

Jermaine said he wants Al or Bonzi also, but that's not gonna happen either I don't think. Ron's probably gone, but I'll believe it when I hear it from Pacer brass. If they decide it's better to keep him for now, Jermaine will shut up and deal with it.

Hicks
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Not a chance in hell will he play for us again.

FireTheCoach
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
As much As I can forgive him and want him to stay for my personal intrests, No Chance.. he burnt the hand to bad....

The Pacer Franchise will cause itself unrepairable damage if he is still here after next week...

I don't know about that....

Getting a few more games before his spot on the roster is filled might be a good idea. Especially with Tins and Cro coming back. I'd wait and see what we really needed most as far as an offensive or defensive player now that Ron is gone. At this point I think it's obvious that Ron filled both those rolls but you're probably not going to get another player in trade that will.

best case scenario is that we are able to aquire a decent shooter and a veteran big that is defensive minded.

I guess ... to make a long rambling post not so long and rambling... I'm just wondering if the Pacers need scoring or defense most now that Ron Artest (who filled both these rolls) is not on the team.

I'd take the time to see how this team is going to play over the next 4-5 games before I made a move. To make a bad trade just for the sake of making a trade not only screws the Pacers but it lets RON screw the Pacers... AGAIN.

Just my opinions though.

SoupIsGood
12-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Artest is done here, even if we have to trade him for a used toothbrush.

ssmall
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Well his agent wants him to stay and trying to do something about it, but i doubt and hope that doesnt change a thing. Ron is done here, he had more than one chance so whats the point of giving him another one. And if they let him stay i hope its onlly due to waiting for a better deal...

heywoode
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
If Mo-Ron stays, I'll be pissed at him AND the Pacers then....

That said, I don't see a chance in hell that Bird or Walsh let him put a Pacer uniform on again, EVER.