PDA

View Full Version : Talking to Jermaine

flakcatcher
12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't get to interview high-profile famous people for my job very often, but today was an exception -- I got to interview Jermaine about his new nightclub, 7, that's opening in Broad Ripple at the end of the month.

Unfortunately, basketball was barred from the discussion. But I can tell you all there is to know about 7. That place is going to be ultra chic, man. And JO's bling is even blingier in person.

I wanted to ask, off the record, if he had convinced management to bring Al back, but I just didn't have the nerve.

But all in all, the interview gave me a good impression of JO. A genuinely nice guy -- he even told his PR guy to give me a few extra minutes when he tried to whisk me away when my time was up.

317Kim
12-15-2005, 06:54 PM
:2tup: That sounds cool! I probably wouldnt have asked him about Al and the trades, I'd still be nervous, plus he did say he was tired of talking about Ron and answering questions about trade so I guess you were on his bright side :)

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't get to interview high-profile famous people for my job very often, but today was an exception -- I got to interview Jermaine about his new nightclub, 7, that's opening in Broad Ripple at the end of the month.

Unfortunately, basketball was barred from the discussion. But I can tell you all there is to know about 7. That place is going to be ultra chic, man. And JO's bling is even blingier in person.

I wanted to ask, off the record, if he had convinced management to bring Al back, but I just didn't have the nerve.

But all in all, the interview gave me a good impression of JO. A genuinely nice guy -- he even told his PR guy to give me a few extra minutes when he tried to whisk me away when my time was up.

When they look back on Indianapolis basketball history, I think JO is going to be right up there with Reggie. I also wouldn't doubt if Cro was up there too when it's all said and done.

JO's a smart guy. 7 sounds smooth, I like it.

Have some seven and seven at seven in seven's heaven! :) ;)

Will Galen
12-15-2005, 07:05 PM

I bet if you had asked him a basketball question after you had been told it was a barred topic he wouldn't have liked it. As is he obviously liked you to give you some more minutes. You did the right thing!

ReGGiesBoOmBaby
12-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Wow...NICE!
JO..Can we hold a PD Forum Party @ 7?:D

Gamble
12-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I know if i was him i wouldn't want to hear any crap about trade talks.

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I know if i was him i wouldn't want to hear any crap about trade talks.

I'd say you're right too.

If you want to really **** off a guy that stands around 6'10" and weighs 242 lbs, and has a killer right cross, just ask JO about good ol #15 on the down low and see what happens! :bananadea

317Kim
12-15-2005, 07:59 PM
6'11 and 260 lbs ;)

PS- While we're on the lovely subject of JO, so far, he's the starter in the east at PF :D

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
6'11 and 260 lbs ;)

see what I'm sayin! ;) :D

GO!!!!!
12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Sounds awesome , glad he gave ya some extra time, makes you treasure it,

Respect to Jermaine, Mr Current Indiana

I think ya did the right thing not asking him about bball, im time we'll know all the facts anyways, whats a few more days

Glad ya had the chance of a lifetime and his club sounds Hip, Way to go Business Guro JO

it's eather a night club or a resturant, some of these sports guys need to get original, how about a 7-11 or a Theme Park, Printer Cartridge refull shop or used car sales dealer... Ok forgot the used car one, thats reserved for former Knick Players....

flakcatcher
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
You know, no matter how many times you see these guys on TV and read their size stats, you never really appreaciate how big they are until you're sitting in the room with them. Jermaine is a big, big fella.

As for 7 -- it's gonna be the kind of nightclub the likes of which Indy has never seen. I'm curious to see if the Broad Ripple bar crowd will consistently fill up a high-end Miami or Vegas-style place like this.

Pacers#1Fan
12-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Time to get a fake ID and check it out. JK

:devil:

indygeezer
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Sounds awesome , glad he gave ya some extra time, makes you treasure it,

Respect to Jermaine, Mr Current Indiana

I think ya did the right thing not asking him about bball, im time we'll know all the facts anyways, whats a few more days

Glad ya had the chance of a lifetime and his club sounds Hip, Way to go Business Guro JO

it's eather a night club or a resturant, some of these sports guys need to get original, how about a 7-11 or a Theme Park, Printer Cartridge refull shop or used car sales dealer... Ok forgot the used car one, thats reserved for former Knick Players....

Meet Mr. George McGinnis....Indy Car and Truck formerly of the Indiana Pacers .