PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY: Artest's agent aims to keep forward with Pacers

blanket
12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I didn't see this USA Today article posted yet...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/pacers/2005-12-15-artest-agent_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Artest's agent aims to keep forward with Pacers
By Roscoe Nance, USA TODAY

If the agent for disgruntled forward Ron Artest gets his wish, his client will remain with the Indiana Pacers. Artest went public with his desire to be traded last weekend, and the Pacers are trying to accommodate him.

"Hopefully, it won't get done, and we can iron out the differences and work past this," said Mark Stevens, Artest's agent. "Indiana is a great city, a great organization. Both entities need each other."

Stevens acknowledges that he's engaging in wishful thinking, and stopped short of saying that Artest shares his feelings.

"Ron, in his heart, loves Indianapolis," said Stevens, who hadn't talked to Artest prior to his client going public with his wish to be traded. "He has stated that he wants out. However, with frustration, sometimes things are said that are not the gut intention but are expressed in a manner that can be viewed as a gut intention."

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh says nothing has changed as far as the team is concerned, and he will continue to seek a trade.

"I am going on what Ronnie told me," Walsh said

+++++++++++++++++++

Sorry, dude. Can't unring that bell.

Mushmouth
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
"Indiana is a great city"

hahahahha

317Kim
12-15-2005, 06:47 PM
yeah no kiddin. You're gonna feel ashamed, embarassed. You have to TRY to win the respect and trust back...:shakehead no way we can just forget about that..we'll see..

Hoop
12-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Sorry, dude. Can't unring that bell.So true. I was one of the biggest Artest supporters, or should I say apologist, but the camel's back is broke. No more Ron in Indy!

Chauncey
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm firmly starting to believe that Donnie called Ron's bluff...I think that Ron thought if he threw a fit and demanded to be traded, that Donnie would force Rick into making Ron the first option to keep him.

Jermaniac
12-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Nope doesnt work that way Ronnie, you dont **** on the franchise and put them in to this mess and then want to stay.

GO!!!!!
12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Intresting, Tragic but yet Intresting...

Shade
12-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Nope, not a chance.

Even Ron's agent thinks he's an idiot.

Los Angeles
12-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Didn't even know?

Offered no advise or counceling?

Publically contradicting his client?

WERST_AGNT_EVAR

Anubis04
12-15-2005, 07:14 PM
maybe his agent is trying to raise ron's trade value by suggesting that hes trying to stop a ron trade?

denyfizle
12-15-2005, 07:17 PM
only way this will happen is if RC gets fired. that wont happen. Artest better just stick to his unloyal stance. at least his agent isnt the crazy fool though

clownskull
12-15-2005, 07:30 PM
this is just silly. far too much damage has already been done. the relationship isn't a bit damaged - it's totaled...fubar.
i loved artest talents and abilities but will no longer tolerate his behavior. i want him gone and he will be gone. even if ron were to blame this on a moment of weakness, it makes absolutely no difference. this guy has more than worn out his welcome with this franchise and i don't think the fans in indy would take him back after this and they better not.
we will never win a title with him and i now am convinced beyound any shadow of a doubt that no team will win a title with him as a franchise player or in any major role. its always something with him and he will always fall apart on you and disapoint you.

i heard this about him on a show where a reporter said that he used to start fights in practiice on a daily basis back at st. johns not to mention other psycho crap like hurling the ball just above his teamates heads when they were in the locker room. this is just too much.
bottom line: even if he were as talented and as dominant as jordan in his prime, he still wouldn't be worth keeping around.

Pacesetter
12-15-2005, 07:33 PM
What a shame ... :mad: :mad: :mad:

317Kim
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
:shakehead

My 4 year old brother knows that Indiana is a state.

Frank Slade
12-15-2005, 07:42 PM
:shakehead

My 4 year old brother knows that Indiana is a state.
I think Artest lives in the state of confusion...

317Kim
12-15-2005, 07:45 PM
I've been there. My doctor flew a plane over there and got me out of it right away!

Harmonica
12-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Bye-bye Ron. Enjoy playing in Toronto, Atlanta or New Orleans. Think you know what frustration is about now, just wait. :devil:

NaptownBound
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/pacers/2005-12-15-artest-agent_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/pacers/2005-12-15-artest-agent_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA)

Artest's agent aims to keep forward with Pacers
By Roscoe Nance, USA TODAY

If the agent for disgruntled forward Ron Artest (http://fantasybasketball.usatoday.com/index.php?sport=pbkball&hssport=&type=profile&name=876) gets his wish, his client will remain with the Indiana Pacers. Artest went public with his desire to be traded last weekend, and the Pacers are trying to accommodate him.

"Hopefully, it won't get done, and we can iron out the differences and work past this," said Mark Stevens, Artest's agent. "Indiana is a great city, a great organization. Both entities need each other."

Stevens acknowledges that he's engaging in wishful thinking, and stopped short of saying that Artest shares his feelings.

"Ron, in his heart, loves Indianapolis," said Stevens, who hadn't talked to Artest prior to his client going public with his wish to be traded. "He has stated that he wants out. However, with frustration, sometimes things are said that are not the gut intention but are expressed in a manner that can be viewed as a gut intention."

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh says nothing has changed as far as the team is concerned, and he will continue to seek a trade.

"I am going on what Ronnie told me," Walsh said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plot thickens? :whoknows:

sweabs
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16985