PDA

View Full Version : Do you like knowing that Artest requested a trade?

Young
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
No one likes the fact that Ron went to the media and requested a trade, but aside from that are you glad that you know that Ron wants to be traded or would you rather not know and be suprised when he is traded?

I personally HATE knowing that Artest wants a trade because I just am dying to find out who we trade him for and it has drove me insane since Saturday. I can't wait to get up and go the computer to see if there is any news.

I just want him to be traded already and get the whole thing over with.

Los Angeles
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Absolutely. Imaging the boards if it were a surprise. His apologists would be out for Walsh blood.

This way, he's considered some sort of traitor by the majority. If it were hush-hush and the public were surprised after the deal went down, we'd never hear the end of it and the arguing would last for 3 seasons.

TMJ31
12-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I have loved artest, but I am at the point that I dont care what he does anymore, and the fact we can at least anticipate something and get all the anxiety out of the way beforehand is a positive, IMO.

ChicagoJ
12-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I mentioned that when I bumped our "what is the final straw?" thread from last summer. I know, I know... there was a lot of purple in that thread so its hard to read and its hard to take some parts of it seriously.

But Ron's actions were a good thing for the Pacers Nation, because if he had just quietly/ privately requested a trade, and the team suspended him until they could get it done, there would be lots of fans in a state of uproar about this.

By now he's made it patently obvious that he's a selfish cancer; even his staunchest supporters see that now (even if they deny that he's been this bad behind the scenes for a long time now.)

We're all in agreement that he's got to go and - even though we won't get the value that some of his supporters think he's worth - we're going to get the best possible trade for him.

CableKC
12-15-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't like knowing...cuz knowing means that he went public with this without going to Bird/Walsh to try to work out something that would have benefitted the Pacers.

It would suck that he requested to leave....but I would get over it since we would likely have been able to get a much better player like Lewis/Odom/Peja instead of what we will likely end up with.

Frank Slade
12-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Argh! Private poll!

I thought private polls were illegal in 48 states ?