PDA

View Full Version : Is there a chance...

Shade
12-15-2005, 10:24 AM
That Rick would be gone after this season? I doubt Larry would outright fire him, so he'd probably resign. He's obviously wearing on some of the players (Ron's complaint about the offense is far from the only we've heard during Rick's tenure), and the conclusion of the season would mark the end of Bird's "3-year plan."

If so, what currently available coach would you like to replace him with?

indygeezer
12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
That Rick would be gone after this season? I doubt Larry would outright fire him, so he'd probably resign. He's obviously wearing on some of the players (Ron's complaint about the offense is far from the only we've heard during Rick's tenure), and the conclusion of the season would mark the end of Bird's "3-year plan."

If so, what currently available coach would you like to replace him with?

SVG without a doubt!!!

Nope...Rick will still be here.

ssmall
12-15-2005, 10:28 AM
:iagree:

Mordecaii
12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I think Rick will still be here unless he refuses to open up the offense at least a little... if he won't then there's a chance Bird might decide to go with a different coach who will cater more to the talents of the players we have.

Harmonica
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I think you give Rick one more year after this one. Rick didn't cause Ron to go into the stands and essentially destroy what appeared to be a championship team. Rick didn't cause Ron to fly separate from his teammates during the ECFs. Rick didn't cause Ron to buckle under pressure in that same series. Rick didn't cause Ron to go public with his trade demands, thus compromising the team once more. Anyone who blames anyone other than Ron for this team's current state of affairs needs their head examined themselves.

Pig Nash
12-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I think you give Rick one more year after this one. Rick didn't cause Ron to go into the stands and essentially destroy what appeared to be a championship team. Rick didn't cause Ron to fly separate from his teammates during the ECFs. Rick didn't cause Ron to buckle under pressure in that same series. Rick didn't cause Ron to go public with his trade demands, thus compromising the team once more. Anyone who blames anyone other than Ron for this team's current state of affairs needs their head examined themselves.

Ron didn't cause Rick to run the dump it into JO every time offense. Ron didn't cause Rick to put more faith in Anthony Johnson then Jamaal. Ron didn't cause Rick to not play Harrison. I could go on. Anyone who blames no one but Ron for this team's current state of affairs needs their head examined themselves. I don't think it's mostly Rick's fault. I don't blame anyone more than Ron, but other people have helped cause this team's state.

Kegboy
12-15-2005, 02:30 PM
It's the NBA, there's a chance every coach won't be back next year.

As for who to get, Stan would be okay, but as I said elsewhere, Larry will never hire a Riley guy. I'm sure Donnie would love to have him, though. Eric Musselman would be a possibility, but he's just a poor man's Carlisle. I'm terrified Larry would go with a Dennis Johnson (his rumored second choice 2.5 years ago), which is part of the reason I don't want Rick to go.

Los Angeles
12-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I see a possible scenario where Rick becomes miserable with his situation and privately asks to seek buyout offers from other teams.

Unclebuck
12-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Stan's offense is almost the exact same as Rick's. And he calls almost every play.

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-16-2005, 03:33 AM
God please - no SVG.

Anthem
12-16-2005, 03:52 AM
I'd be interested in that Mike Brown fella. He seems to be doing good work in Cleveland. :suicide:

Bball
12-16-2005, 04:06 AM
I'd be interested in that Mike Brown fella. He seems to be doing good work in Cleveland. :suicide:

You might wanna take a look at this:
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16863