PDA

View Full Version : Since New Jersey may be interested now

naptownmenace
12-15-2005, 11:00 AM
It's been reported that Vince Carter may be available so here's my proposed trade:

Ron Artest - 19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Jonathan Bender - 5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes

Incoming

Vince Carter - 21.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 3.6 apg in 36.0 minutes

Change in team outlook: -2.9 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Successful Scenario

It could be much worse. Vince is still an All-Star and an exciting player. His contract is a downside but he could be an upgrade for our SG position.

What do you think?

Unclebuck
12-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I'd do it

Slick Pinkham
12-15-2005, 11:37 AM
in a heartbeat.

It's always bothered me that he dogged it in Toronto, but his talent level is so high that you just can't pass it up despite knee/leg issues.

Might be the only possibility of an option 1/ other option 1 duo to rival JO/Ron at least on offense. On D he's not terrible.

Shade
12-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's an idea on a 3-way:

:thepacers get:
Vince Carter

:rockets: get:
Stephen Jackson
Marc Jackson

:nets: get:
Rafer Alston
Ron Artest
Lonny Baxter
Eddie Gill
Stromile Swift

This coincides with news that the Nets want Swift, and Marc is uhappy in NJ. Also, Rox fans have expressed they want SJax in the past.

I'm sure this could be tweaked, but it's feasible.

C - Foster/Hulk/Polly
PF - JO/Cro/Walker
SF - Carter/Granger
SG - Freddie/AJ
PG - Tins/Runi

Then we try to package Freddie or AJ with Bender and Polly's contracts to upgrade the 2, as well as sign Snap. :)

Seems to work for all teams involved, assuming NJ is really willing to trade Vince and wants Ron.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Seems to work for all teams involved, assuming NJ is really willing to trade Vince and wants Ron.

I've also heard that NJ would be amenable to trading Carter... However in the above trade, there are too many guys going to NJ... they'd have to waive players or something...

Jaydawg2270
12-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Please Do this

Hoop
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd do it.

Never been a VC fan, but in his defense he's always been forced to be "the man" when I'm not sure he wants to be. He might be at his best with being 2nd option to JO.