PDA

View Full Version : PostSecret

Stryder
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
This site is getting a lot of media exposure around VA, kind of interesting.

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Something like the new All-American Rejects video for "Dirty Little Secret"...

very interesting.

EDIT: Ahhh, now I see...from the site...

"Did The All-American Rejects Steal Your Images For Their Music Video?

No. The band made a generous donation of $2,000 to the National Hopeline Network. They were given full permission to use PostSecrets in their MTV video.

(To date, over $4,000 has been raised for 1-800-SUICIDE.)"

heywoode
12-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Nice read, very interesting, kinda depressing....

I found myself getting to the end of them and wishing there were more to read...

thanks va!

Vicious Tyrant
12-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Hmmmm...

Those cards all seem too well designed to be submitted from the general public. I'm not sure I'm getting the point. Are these supposed to be submitted from regular people? If so, I don't buy it.

If its supposed to be his little art gallery of things he did himself or collected from various designers or something, its kind of neat in a sad way.

Stryder
12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm...

Those cards all seem too well designed to be submitted from the general public. I'm not sure I'm getting the point. Are these supposed to be submitted from regular people? If so, I don't buy it.

If its supposed to be his little art gallery of things he did himself or collected from various designers or something, its kind of neat in a sad way.

Well, it's kinda like survey bias. Only the people that have really strong feelings about a subject make the effort to fill out the survey and turn it back in.

Only people who feel strongly about this do it, and they go all out.

That's JMO.

Vicious Tyrant
12-18-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm not saying I don't buy the "secrets" or how strongly they feel, I'm saying I don't believe everyone would send in such a well designed card. Is the claim that these are the actual card sent in by people, or that people send in a secret and a designer makes up a card?

Maybe I need to run to snopes.com