PDA

View Full Version : Stern: "No good deed goes unpunished."

Kstat
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Just listened to David Stern on Detroit radio for about 20 minutes:

-When asked about Artest, he said he was "extremely disappointed" In Ron, and he blames him for his strained relationship with long-time friend Herb Simon. He said Simon, Walsh and Bird did "more things than I'd ever have time to list" to get Ron Artest back on the floor, and "For Ron to turn around and tell them he wants to leave, I file that under no good deed goes un-punished." Stern definately sounded regretful that he let Ron back in the league.

-He also mentioned that the vast majority of players are fine with the dress code, and there have been very few violations.

-He also said that he promised the Hornets that they will know where they will play in 2007 by next month. He has a survery team heading down to New Orleans tomorrow. The NBA has an option year on Oklahoma City and they may or may not use it.

sweabs
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Hmmmm - that's good for the ol' trade value!

Shade
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Stern vs. Artest -- who is the bigger devil? :goodevil:

Hicks
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Freddy vs. Jason.

Los Angeles
12-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Stern, no doubt... No contest.

CableKC
12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Tell Stern that he can make it up to us/Simons/Walsh/Bird by turning up the magnification on the Electron Microscope that he has trained on him.

Artest needs a few technical fouls here and there to revert back to his old ways....

Shade
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Freddy vs. Jason.

:laugh:

Where are those old "Ron as Jason" manips? How about someone photoshop up some "Stern as Freddy" pics to go with? :laugh:

travmil
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Stern should refrain from talking about Ron while the Pacers are trying to trade him. He complains about his "strained" relationship with the Simons, and then talks bad about their player to sports media. Who's at fault there again?

Kegboy
12-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Stern should refrain from talking about Ron while the Pacers are trying to trade him. He complains about his "strained" relationship with the Simons, and then talks bad about their player to sports media. Who's at fault there again?

Exactly.

Ronnie's a loon, but its not his fault the Simons are pissed at Stern. Stern throwing the entire organization under a bus is whats at fault here.

Stryder
12-14-2005, 10:20 PM
"manips"

You know, when I see that abbreviation, I can't help but read it as "man nips".

Haha. :D