PDA

View Full Version : Tmac To the pacers?

JOneal7
03-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I know it's a long shot but could our buddy JO Persuade Tmac to come to indy? sign and trade maybe? a lil inside info a guy on realgm said he had a friend who wants to open a car shop with Tmac (kinda like spreewells) and he said that it probably won't be in orlando but maybe Houston or Indiana...Which means tmac might be thinking of where he wants to go.
what about ...Artest...Bender...Harrington For Tmac, future pick? I'd hit the ceiling if mac came to indy! :)!

rabid
03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Won't happen.

JOneal7
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
We can dream can't we :devil:

Pig Nash
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
couldn't he just opt out and come here without us having to send all those guys back?

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 10:09 PM
couldn't he just opt out and come here without us having to send all those guys back?

Yeah he could, but why would he come here? We haven't got any money to give him, unless he wants to go Glove or Mailman on us. ;)

BTW, I would not want Tracy. He reminds me too much of Jalen Rose.

TheSauceMaster
03-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Sorry I would quit being a Pacers Fan if that happened , without Ron this year we would have lost alot more games than we have this year.

Anthem
03-30-2004, 03:14 AM

Yeah he could, but why would he come here? We haven't got any money to give him, unless he wants to go Glove or Mailman on us. ;)

Sign and trade for Al and Bender.

Jalen, on his very best day, is half the player McGrady is.

tdeltdot
03-30-2004, 03:42 AM

Sign and trade for Al and Bender.

Jalen, on his very best day, is half the player McGrady is.

I have to agree with the latter comment. Jalen is a one-man turnover and incredibly streaky. I guess, I have to admit to being a McGrady apologist. But even the biggest McGrady-hater shouldn't compare him to Rose. That's just out of line. :)

Jermaniac
03-30-2004, 04:05 AM
JB and Al and our 1st for TMac yes

Trading Ron NOOOOO

Ragnar
03-30-2004, 10:02 AM
According to real GM Bender, Al and Fred for T-Mac would work. If they were going to lose him anyway I dont see how they could get a better deal. That is if you believe Bender will ever play up to his potential and not be an injury machine.

unstandable
03-30-2004, 10:54 AM
According to real GM Bender, Al and Fred for T-Mac would work. If they were going to lose him anyway I dont see how they could get a better deal. That is if you believe Bender will ever play up to his potential and not be an injury machine.

That's three backups for T-Mac. I'm pretty sure if they traded him they could get some starters. And I guarantee he would be traded for at least one all-star.

beast23
03-30-2004, 11:39 AM

That's three backups for T-Mac. I'm pretty sure if they traded him they could get some starters. And I guarantee he would be traded for at least one all-star.
Oh come on. After all, Fred is a defensive stopper, Al will be an All-Star for years to come, and Bender is the second coming of Christ.

Well, at least one of the three statements was true.

Ragnar
03-30-2004, 11:58 AM
It is three backups but they are from the deepest team to the most shallow. Bender has serious talent and Al will average 20 points and 8 rebounds a game as a starter. Fred is a decent 2 guard. Heck if they were to throw in Howard I would be happy to send them Pollard and Johnson as well. They could get an entire starting lineup out of the deal.

Bball
03-30-2004, 12:26 PM

Some teams will do 'sign and trades'/trades and trade All-Star players for non-All Star players....

-Bball

MSA2CF
03-30-2004, 05:25 PM
I have to agree with the latter comment. Jalen is a one-man turnover and incredibly streaky. I guess, I have to admit to being a McGrady apologist. But even the biggest McGrady-hater shouldn't compare him to Rose. That's just out of line. :)

I don't hate McGrady as much as I hate Rose--not even close...Next to Shaq/Kobe/Lakers, Rose is the next most hated player on my list. McGrady is not that close to the top of my list. I'm just saying his game reminds me of the kinds of crap Rose would do with us.

JOneal7
03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
T-mac should just play hardball and be like...if you don't trade me then i'll walk and you guys won't get crap. That would be good :)!

Anthem
03-31-2004, 02:32 AM
What could you get for TMac that would be better than Bender/Harrington/Jones?

Don't say Allen Iverson.

Also, RealGM's numbers don't matter because he'll be a free agent.

beast23
03-31-2004, 03:36 AM
T-mac should just play hardball and be like...if you don't trade me then i'll walk and you guys won't get crap. That would be good :)!
McGrady's contract is as follows:
03-04 13.3M
04-05 14.5M
05-06 15.7M (player option)
06-07 16.9M

First of all, McGrady has no bargaining power until he is approaching the 05-06 season. He is locked in as Orlando's property next season. So he's not exactly in a position to play hardball, unless he wants to find his but suspended all next season without pay.

For 05-06, if he opts out of his contract, just how many teams do you suppose would have cap room to sign him for anything near the 15.7M he would be making in Orlando (32.6M if you count the final 2 seasons combined)?

I only see him leaving early if he really wants to play for a winner and is willing to play for less than half of what he was earning in Orlando.

I just don't see that happening without a trade. And any team that trades for McGrady will have to sacrifice key players from their roster, with serious impact on either their starting lineup, their bench depth, or both.

The only scenario that I would see the Pacers acquiring McGrady might be after next season. Should Reggie retire that would remove $6M from our salary structure. If Bender pans out, and Al remains desirable, our brass might be willing to swing a trade. That would give us the shooting guard we need after Reggie retires.

Our frontcourt depth would be decimated..... we would have Croshere and maybe James Jones, if he amounts to anything after another year.

If Freddie were the 3rd player thrown in, then I'd say our backcourt depth would probably be suffering as well.

Under that scenario, the starters had better be ready to play 38-40 minutes per game, because they certainly aren't going to get much help off the bench.

TheSauceMaster
03-31-2004, 04:10 AM
I wouldn't want Tmac or Iverson , you guys are seeing the affects on these 2 guys for all the years they had to carry the teams they play for on there backs .

I mean when I saw Tmac on the Orlando game he looked like he was ready to pack it in and give up , he sure didn't look like a person who still loved the game , not like he did even a year ago.

just my personal opinion :laugh:

Anthem
03-31-2004, 11:45 PM
I mean when I saw Tmac on the Orlando game he looked like he was ready to pack it in and give up , he sure didn't look like a person who still loved the game , not like he did even a year ago.

A year ago he had basketball players on his team.

I think he'd feel diffferently with Jermaine down low.

JOneal7
04-01-2004, 02:37 AM
losing will get to you. And it has to tmac, he even contemplated retirement early in the year. He has no low post game. So JO would be the low post and tmac the slasher. Can you imagine T-mac and JO on the same team?! wow!

MSA2CF
04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
losing will get to you. And it has to tmac, he even contemplated retirement early in the year.

Could you post some proof that he said that? I'm just asking, because I didn't realize he'd said that. :o

If he said that, he's a complete baby--much worse than Allen Iverson.

JOneal7
04-01-2004, 04:05 PM
i'll go and look for the orlando sentinel link later. But yeah he did. It was at the beggining of the season in the midst of losing 19 strait he was like "Man what am i doing out here?". It was really tough on him.
so it's no surprise he's sitting out the rest of the season.