PDA

View Full Version : Re: Montieth says NY & GS lead (unconfirmed)

Ultimate Frisbee
12-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Same board:

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/

They seem to be content trading

Foyle + Pietrus + protected #1 for Artest

or

Pietrus + Pick + filler for Artest...

None of them seem to think Pietrus is untouchable... Everyone wants to get rid of Foyle and or Fisher and their contracts

Ultimate Frisbee
12-14-2005, 03:47 AM
NY: Ariza + Lee + Crawford?

I guess this is a possibility that NY would probably do... doesn't involve any of their key young rookies or any of the veterans that we don't want...

If Donnie is good:

Artest + Tinsley for

Maurice Taylor (short contract)
Nate Robinson (could play backup to Sarunas)
Ariza (random prospect)
Lee (random prospect)

Assuming Frye isn't going to be traded and we don't want any of their bad contracts.... Any other thoughts?

EDIT:

Ariza + Robinson + AD (+Lee too if traded)

for

Tinsley + Pollard + Artest

works also...

AD has a shorter contract...

2ND EDIT:

If we want to rebuild, there are actually lots of ways to screw NY...

Tinsley + Artest + Bender + Croshere

for

Ariza + Nate Robinson + AD (large expiring contract) + Anfernee Hardaway (even larger expiring contract)

granger
12-14-2005, 03:59 AM
are you guys kidding ?
who are you, pistons fans ?

Ariza + Lee + Crawford ?
Dunlevy + Foyle ?
Pietrus + Pick ?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Reading a GS board...

They suggest the following trade:

Ron Artest and Jeff Foster

for

Pietrus, Foyle, Zarko Cabarkapa, and Calbert Cheaney

It makes sense in that they get back a center (backup... Biedrins and Taft can play too, but they'd probably start Murphy, Artest, Dunleavy, JRich, and Baron)

I don't see us acquiring Dunleavy unless thats all we can get...
Terrible for us. Pietrus is flashy and has show signs of being a possible future star. But no way do we give up Foster and get back the most overpaid, crappiest center in the league (Foyle), a piece of garbage (Cabarkapa), and an old never-was like Calbert Cheaney.

DisplacedKnick
12-14-2005, 08:42 AM
NY: Ariza + Lee + Crawford?

I guess this is a possibility that NY would probably do... doesn't involve any of their key young rookies or any of the veterans that we don't want...

If Donnie is good:

Artest + Tinsley for

Maurice Taylor (short contract)
Nate Robinson (could play backup to Sarunas)
Ariza (random prospect)
Lee (random prospect)

Assuming Frye isn't going to be traded and we don't want any of their bad contracts.... Any other thoughts?

EDIT:

Ariza + Robinson + AD (+Lee too if traded)

for

Tinsley + Pollard + Artest

works also...

AD has a shorter contract...

2ND EDIT:

If we want to rebuild, there are actually lots of ways to screw NY...

Tinsley + Artest + Bender + Croshere

for

Ariza + Nate Robinson + AD (large expiring contract) + Anfernee Hardaway (even larger expiring contract)

There isn't a deal there that I think isiah turns down. Granted, he'd rather deal Q than Crawford but if we get Tinsley back, he can move to PG while Marbury moves to the 2 - something LB wants to do anyway. And if we don't get Tinsley then Q moves to the 2, where LB wants him anyway.

We'd have to make some follow-up moves for depth reasons though.

Hopefully, DW doesn't like any of those deals.

Skaut_Ech
12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
a piece of garbage (Cabarkapa),

Do you actually WATCH the games? :rolleyes:

Young
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Same board:

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/

They seem to be content trading

Foyle + Pietrus + protected #1 for Artest

or

Pietrus + Pick + filler for Artest...

None of them seem to think Pietrus is untouchable... Everyone wants to get rid of Foyle and or Fisher and their contracts

I'd much rather have Fisher than Foyle.

indygeezer
12-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Do you actually WATCH the games? :rolleyes:

Skaut..I highly respect your opinion. I don't get to watch them very often, whatcha know about Carbarkaba (Sp)?

Skaut_Ech
12-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Skaut..I highly respect your opinion. I don't get to watch them very often, whatcha know about Carbarkaba (Sp)?

Thanks, geez. GS is one of the teams I try and keep up with on the west coast, along with the Suns (I still haven't gotten over the Suns losing to the Bulls in the finals) , so I've managed to keep up with Z his whole career.

Z is not the starting type, but he's a high energy guy, who can score. I guess I'd compare him a little to Raef LaFrentz a bit from a few years ago.

I think Z is kinda like Diaw and Billups, two guys who needed the right system to thrive. I don't think GS is the one for Z. Admittedly, he's not the best defender, but he's 6'11 and is one of those guys who can pull defenders away from the basket. I think his only problem is getting regular PT and the right coach. I think he would have been great with the Suns, if they hadn't traded him. I think with his three point range and hustle, he would have thrived there. Especially with the equal ball distribution.

When the Suns drafted him and after a a few workouts, they were raving about him. He was one of those respectful guys who listens to the coach and tries to do what is asked. I liked that about him.

The that asshol, uh, Danny Fortson broke his hand and it took him a while to get right mentally. He was kinda tentative in his pay. I think that's why the Suns dealt him, which is too bad, cause he's starting to look like he did when he came into the league.

With GS, he's not even really an option on offense and kinda has an ill-defined role. He definitely needs to work on his D, but he is also definitely not "garbage." That being said, I don't think he would fit into our system.

To me, a "garbage" player is a guy like Vin Baker, Peter Ramos or Ostertag. I think calling Z that is pretty uninformed.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-15-2005, 12:12 PM
I'd much rather have Fisher than Foyle.

One might think that they'd sell Fisher first since he is a backup? He is having a great season though...

Ultimate Frisbee
12-15-2005, 12:14 PM
(I still haven't gotten over the Suns losing to the Bulls in the finals)

Me neither.... me neither...

Jim R
12-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I would go for the Pietrus, Cabarkaba, and a protected #1. Pietrus is a great defender and can guard SG's better than Artest. Artest's weakness defensively is guarding cutters coming off screens. I don't know much about his injury, but if it's not serious (see Jonathon Bender) then it would be a good young player to further develop.

I like Cabarkaba. He's a PF type with perimeter skills, and he would be a decent compliment to O'Neal when he is on the floor. He's not a starter or a great defender, but he's a hustler. On the perimeter, he's not the shooter that Croshere is, but he's a slasher type. He moves well off the ball, and he could catch mid range and drive. Croshere is better.

The pick won't have to be protected anytime soon. I wouldn't take a lottery protected pick in the deal, maybe just a top 3 or 5 protection.

larry
12-18-2005, 04:15 AM
a.j. > fisher
a.j. must stay!