12-14-2005, 06:42 PM
PACERS
Jamaal Tinsley
Scot Pollard
2006 1st Round Pick

HAWKS
Al Harrington
Tyronn Lue

Why For Us? We get a fantastic replacement for Ron in Big Baby Al Harrington, and a really underrated point guard off the bench in Lue. We now have Ron's replancement and we've still got Ron to trade for other needs :)

Why For Them? They almost certainly won't resign Al, so they get great value for him. Tinsley is the point guard they're sorely lacking. Pollard is a nice $6M+ expiring, we also take Lues contract off their hands which gives them even more capspace this offseason, and the icing on the cake is an added 1st round pick to work with.

Shade
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
PACERS
Jamaal Tinsley
Scot Pollard
2006 1st Round Pick

HAWKS
Al Harrington
Tyronn Lue

Why For Us? We get a fantastic replacement for Ron in Big Baby Al Harrington, and a really underrated point guard off the bench in Lue. We now have Ron's replancement and we've still got Ron to trade for other needs :)

Why For Them? They almost certainly won't resign Al, so they get great value for him. Tinsley is the point guard they're sorely lacking. Pollard is a nice $6M+ expiring, we also take Lues contract off their hands which gives them even more capspace this offseason, and the icing on the cake is an added 1st round pick to work with.

The Hawks would NEVER do that.

Will Galen
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
PACERS
Jamaal Tinsley
Scot Pollard
2006 1st Round Pick

HAWKS
Al Harrington
Tyronn Lue

How does this effect our cap?

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
The Hawks would NEVER do that.
I 100% disagree.

It's almost a given Al's gone at seasons end. So instead of letting him walk and get nothing in return, this deal nets them a good starting point guard and 1st, while at the same time clears Lue's contract off the books which gives them an extra $4M~ in capspace to spend in the offseason.

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
How does this effect our cap?
In the short term (this year) our cap would go down about $3M. However, we'd wanna resign Al at seasons end, which, assuming he wants to get paid about $9M per season, would mean we'd break even. The only downfall is losing Pollard's expiring, which would've knocked $6M off our cap at seasons end.

Will Galen
12-14-2005, 07:20 PM
In the short term (this year) our cap would go down about $3M. However, we'd wanna resign Al at seasons end, which, assuming he wants to get paid about $9M per season, would mean we'd break even. The only downfall is losing Pollard's expiring, which would've knocked $6M off our cap at seasons end.

It appears okay, but we have trouble keeping our centers healthy. I think it would depend on how bad the Pacers want to lower their cap.

Reading this trade proposel gives me the thought that in talking to all the other teams about Ron we could end up in also doing another trade like this.

For instant;

Donnie} I won't trade you Ron in that deal, but I'll trade you Tinsley.

GM of other team} Well . . . okay!
--------------

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
It appears okay, but we have trouble keeping our centers healthy. I think it would depend on how bad the Pacers want to lower their cap.

Reading this trade proposel gives me the thought that in talking to all the other teams about Ron we could end up in also doing another trade like this.

For instant;

Donnie} I won't trade you Ron in that deal, but I'll trade you Tinsley.

GM of other team} Well . . . okay!
--------------
Health is always an issue, particularly the past few years, However like I said, if you could get Al without giving up Artest, you could stil use Ron to get a big man. I'm sure he'd a fetch a pretty high quality center. And if he didn't, we'd have an extra player at whatever position we trade for to move. Say for example Ron is moved for Mickael Pietrus. That would then give us Fred Jones rotting on the who could be moved for a decent backup big man to replace Pollard. And also, JO and Al could handle the frontcourt if all else fails.

And yes I agree with you, with all of these trade talks with other teams, its very possible a non-Ron deal could end up being discussed with another team.