PDA

View Full Version : SI.com} O'Neal hopes Pacers deal for Harrington or Wells

Hicks
12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
:thumbsup: on Al "There's No Place Like Home" Harrington

:thumbsdow on Bonzi "Racist BSU Alum" Wells.

317Kim
12-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I'd want Al to come instead of Bonzi though. looks like JO's going with his brotherly instincts..also, glad that he is movin on well.

NaptownBound
12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
:thumbsup: on Al "There's No Place Like Home" Harrington

:thumbsdow on Bonzi "Racist BSU Alum" Wells.

can you school me on how Bonzi's a racist? i don't know the story.
btw, i'm a BSU Alum myself

SoupIsGood
If JO thinks he can reign in Wells, he wouldn't be a bad choice. I'd rather not risk it though....

sweabs
I would take Bonzi Wells, but I doubt Sacramento would do it.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
can you school me on how Bonzi's a racist? i don't know the story.
btw, i'm a BSU Alum myself

I don't have the links right here in front of me, but in the past year two I've read articles discuss his "problem" with white people. Let's just say I read enough to know I don't want any part of him. (Searches aren't 100% in this forum, but if you search Bonzi Wells and racist you may find the old articles, possibly)

I'm currently at BSU, btw.

CableKC
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
If I had a choice...neither....if I have no choice....Al.

I do not want headcases in Indy...we have enough as it is.

stipo
12-14-2005, 06:49 PM
please oh please oh please....NEITHER ONE!

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-14-2005, 06:52 PM
AL - no doubt about it. He's been humbled, and he's ready to return to a contender and give it his all.

NaptownBound
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm currently at BSU, btw.

What are you studying at BSU, if you don't mind my asking?

Hicks
12-14-2005, 06:55 PM
What are you studying at BSU, if you don't mind my asking?

Elementary Education; I'll graduate in '07 (5th year).

hoopsforlife
12-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Elementary Education; I'll graduate in '07 (5th year).

Hicks: Maybe you could help Ron and Tinsley out right now. :)

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
AL - no doubt about it. He's been humbled, and he's ready to return to a contender and give it his all.

Right. The ol' changed man thing. After being "The Man" in Atlanta, he'll come back here and fit right back into his old role. You can count on it! [sarcasm intended]

stipo
12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
The magic eight ball says that Granger will be eating Al for lunch within a short time.

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:13 PM
racists, bassists, they're all the same as long as they can put the ball in the hole, I don't care what kind of bread they like on their subway, just put the ball in the hole and we're all happy.

Seriously though, all people have racists tendencies, imo. It's something every person deals with spiritually. I remember dating a Londoner once, and in the village I lived in in Norfolk, UK, the younger male villagers didn't even speak to me when they'd see us out together. WE WERE ALL WHITE - not to be mistaken with Allright! :D ;)

Just tell me Bonzi will suit up and fight the war with my other Pacers and he's the same color as me, as far as I'm concerned, the other stuff isn't here nor there!

Of those two though, Big Al wins by a landslide!

Kstat
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
......so if sarunas was a member of the KKK you'd be happy with him as your point guard?

Sorry, I can tolerate many things, but racists isn't one of them.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
racists, bassists, they're all the same as long as they can put the ball in the hole, I don't care what kind of bread they like on their subway, just put the ball in the hole and we're all happy.

Seriously though, all people have racists tendencies, imo. It's something every person deals with spiritually. I remember dating a Londoner once, and in the village I lived in in Norfolk, UK, the younger male villagers didn't even speak to me when they'd see us out together. WE WERE ALL WHITE - not to be mistaken with Allright!

Just tell me Bonzi will suit up and fight the war with my other Pacers and he's the same color as me, as far as I'm concerned, the other stuff isn't here nor there!

Of those two though, Big Al wins by a landslide!

I can tell you were a Ron supporter until about Sunday or Monday.

Pacers#1Fan
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I strongly prefer Al over Wells

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
The magic eight ball says that Granger will be eating Al for lunch within a short time.

It is so. ;)

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:18 PM
......so if sarunas was a member of the KKK you'd be happy with him as your point guard?

Hey, as long as he left the hood at home I'm down with it! :D

Just Kidding!!!!

:-p :D ;)

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Honestly, I don't care what kinda person any of the Pacers are, as long as they bring in the W's. The NBA is an athletic competition, not a Mr. Congeniality contest.

indytoad
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
We already have a new black hole, we don't need the old one back.

IndyToad
Should just let it go

sweabs
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Honestly, I don't care what kinda person any of the Pacers are, as long as they bring in the W's. The NBA is an athletic competition, not a Mr. Congeniality contest.

Yeah, chemistry is so overrated.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM

You must hate Sheed then.

cariocapacer
12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Isn't Al a FA after the season? do we really want that?

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I dont agree with you at all.

ANd while some NBA fans will agree with you, I doubt you will find many, if any, that will say character doesnt matter after what we have been through with Ronnie

Ron Ron isn't all bad, he just has some bad friends and/or some deep-rooted cerebral issues he just simply can't deal with effectively.

To hicks ... yes I was a Ron Artest supporter until this past weekend. I make no apologies for supporting him, as did many people. As far as I know Ron Ron's problem was cerebral and not racism. In any regard, I don't plan on taking any of them out on a golf outing so what do I care if they are ignorant? As long as they don't let it affect their game I could care less whether Bonzi has racists views. Who gives a ****. There's ALOT of people who say they're not racist but sometimes are, so what's the differrence anyway? When I hear that he point blank disses a people because of their skin color or religious preference then I might change my view, but something insignificant he may have said year sago makes no difference to me at all. And Muncie Indiana is certainly not a group of saints. I've heard even recently of a racist problem they have there, and it was towards blacks. It's nothing unless it's in my face, and then I'll take offense to it, until then, all I want is for a player to keep his focus on winning basketball games and being a supportive member of the Pacers. Outside of that is his personal life, and I really don't care who he likes/dislikes! That's my honest opinion.

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Isn't Al a FA after the season? do we really want that?

Yes, and that's a good question. It all depends on what he's commanding.

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, chemistry is so overrated.

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he's saying he wants someone to focus on winning championships and support his fellow teammates, and be an all around professional. That's the way I took what naptown seth meant.

Kstat
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM

Oh yeah, the Hockey fanatic Sheed is, he REALLY hates white people.....:laugh:

sweabs
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM

That's racist!

ahhteeth
12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Only way I would think about the Bonzi trade is if they threw in Fransico Garcia. I checked and a Ron for Bonzi and Garcia actually works out. I'm just not a huge bonzi fan

FreshPrince22
12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
ahh yes... Bonzi Wells. Ron Artest-lite

Jermaniac
12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Thats my boy JO, Git r done Donnie.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 07:48 PM

He made some very racially inflammatory remarks while in Portland.

FreshPrince22
12-14-2005, 07:51 PM

like what? Not that I don't believe you, Sheed definately talks a lot. But, I am just wondering how bad it was.

Kstat
12-14-2005, 07:51 PM

Enlighten me.

Aw Heck
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
I think this is the quote he's talking about:

"I ain't no dumb-*** n*gger out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league," Wallace, 29, said. "No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league.

"There's a whole lot of crunching numbers that, quote-unquote, me as an athlete and me as an NBA player should know. In my opinion, they just want to draft n*ggers who are dumb and dumber -- straight out of high school. That's why they're drafting all these high school cats, because they come into the league and they don't know no better. They don't know no better, and they don't know the real business, and they don't see behind the charade.

"They look at black athletes like we're dumb-*** n*ggers. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."

I don't think it's as bad as Bonzi spitting on Danny Ferry and calling him "honky." It's stupid nonetheless.

Kstat
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I think this is the quote he's talking about:

"I ain't no dumb-*** n*gger out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league," Wallace, 29, said. "No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league.

"There's a whole lot of crunching numbers that, quote-unquote, me as an athlete and me as an NBA player should know. In my opinion, they just want to draft n*ggers who are dumb and dumber -- straight out of high school. That's why they're drafting all these high school cats, because they come into the league and they don't know no better. They don't know no better, and they don't know the real business, and they don't see behind the charade.

"They look at black athletes like we're dumb-*** n*ggers. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."

I don't think it's as bad as Bonzi spitting on Danny Ferry and calling him "honky." It's stupid nonetheless.

I remember that whole statement.

Very stupid thing to say, and I think he's grown up a lot since then.

Also, those were not racist remarks. Inflammatory, but not biggoted.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM

There are white racists who are NBA fans

*edit* To clarify I don't know one way or another right now if Rasheed is racist or not; only to say that that's a weak argument.

Kestas
12-14-2005, 08:10 PM
We don't run around, we don't do the fancy passes, we don't do any of that stuff. We don't have the space, especially with me being on the team. It gets real crowded, and guys help a lot against our team.

..whaaat?

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Also, those were not racist remarks. Inflammatory, but not bigoted.

Um, you can read between the lines. They're pretty bigoted. Who do you think he was referring to?

Who is "they?"

Plus he's generalizing. He's saying white owners and GMs look at "black athletes like they're dumb-*** n*ggers." That's pretty insulting. And there's a lot of anger and vitriol directed toward whites there.

Like I said, read between the lines.

Jermaniac
12-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Guys guys, chill. You are ruining a great topic of Jermaine O'Neal wanting Al Harrington back here.

Shade
12-14-2005, 08:20 PM
I remember that whole statement.

Very stupid thing to say, and I think he's grown up a lot since then.

Also, those were not racist remarks. Inflammatory, but not biggoted.

That sounds awfully racist to me.

Kegboy
12-14-2005, 08:23 PM
*carefully steps over the racial concerns*

Remember JO played with Bonzi in Portland. Personally, I think the guy is repulsive, but perhaps Jermaine thinks he can reign him in.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
That sounds awfully racist to me.

Yes, if similar remarks were made by a white athlete (tonally), blacks would be asking for that player's head on a silver platter.

Kstat
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes, if similar remarks were made by a white athlete (tonally), blacks would be asking for that player's head on a silver platter.

There is nothing demeaning in there about white people. I think some of you are lost on the concept of racism.

And yes, there's a double-standard. Just like there are 2 million double-standards in the world that work AGAINST black people. Life isn't fair, and If that's the worst that it gets, I'm very lucky.

In a lot of ways, I can understand his frustration. It was just very badly misplaced.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 08:44 PM
There is nothing demeaning in there about white people. I think some of you are lost on the concept of racism.

And yes, there's a double-standard. Just like there are 2 million double-standards in the world that work AGAINST black people. Life isn't fair, and If that's the worst that it gets, I'm very lucky.

In a lot of ways, I can understand his frustration. It was just very badly misplaced.

You can quit defending the guy. No man can know what's in another man's heart, but those comments are pretty telling.

Kstat
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
You can quit defending the guy. No man can know what's in another man's heart, but those comments are pretty telling.

Telling, yes. Racist, no. There was nothing in there demeaning to white people.

ABADays
12-14-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't want Wells here.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Telling, yes. Racist, no. There was nothing in there demeaning to white people.

Demeaning? That's debatable. Insulting? Definitely. Bigoted? Prejudiced? Yes.

sixthman
12-14-2005, 11:47 PM
JO evaluating players and pushing his buddies to SI makes me ill. He is way too consumed with his importance. He should have shut up and got his teammates and himself prepared for the Boston game. Playing GM and making statements that could put Bird and Walsh between a rock and a hard place is seriously bush league.

No wonder Ron couldn't handle the guy. Anyone who has to proclaim in the paper on a regular basis that he is the leader, really isn't a leader. I liked Reggie's approach to leadership much better: "I'm not the leader, this is ______'s team." Fill in the name Jalen or JO here. Who in the hell want's to play for JO's team? The philosophy ought to be that every player is important to the success of the team --- and that the team does not belong to one individual.

End of rant.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Nowhere does JO say "it's my team, it's all about me". Or any such nonsense.

Jermaniac
12-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Nowhere does JO say "it's my team, it's all about me". Or any such nonsense.Dont worry Hicks, his favorite player is Ron Artest, he is mad little Ronnie is about to get traded and is trying to pin it on JO as to why Ron wants to leave this team.

Jermaniac
12-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Ron's daddy maybe?

denyfizle
12-14-2005, 11:56 PM
how are we going to pay AL after the season though? He's sure to get a lot of lucrative offers. or maybe im just overestimating his value?

OnlyPacersLeft
12-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Bring Back Baby Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sixthman
12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Rons agent?

I could always use the money. :wink:

PacerMan
12-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Right. The ol' changed man thing. After being "The Man" in Atlanta, he'll come back here and fit right back into his old role. You can count on it! [sarcasm intended]

Uhhhhhhhh, guess you forgot that the guy who WAS ahead of him won't be a Pacer any more............................

sixthman
12-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Ron's daddy maybe?

Getting a little carried away?

PacerMan
12-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Yeah, that opinion has about the same value as that kids toy...
(saracasm intended)

PacerMan
12-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Doesn't everyone?

PacerMan
12-15-2005, 12:54 AM
JO evaluating players and pushing his buddies to SI makes me ill. He is way too consumed with his importance. He should have shut up and got his teammates and himself prepared for the Boston game. Playing GM and making statements that could put Bird and Walsh between a rock and a hard place is seriously bush league.

No wonder Ron couldn't handle the guy. Anyone who has to proclaim in the paper on a regular basis that he is the leader, really isn't a leader. I liked Reggie's approach to leadership much better: "I'm not the leader, this is ______'s team." Fill in the name Jalen or JO here. Who in the hell want's to play for JO's team? The philosophy ought to be that every player is important to the success of the team --- and that the team does not belong to one individual.

End of rant.

Don't think Ronnie can handle ANY guy...............he wants to be THE guy.