PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize...

RSmits
03-29-2004, 09:35 PM
the Kings' last nine games were so tough. Six out of nine on the road, and a Texas Three-Step:

31 Wed @ San Antonio 5:30 pm News10 NBATV
1 Thu @ Dallas 5:00 pm News10 TNT
4 Sun @ Houston 10:00 am -- ABC
6 Tue New Orleans 7:00 pm -- NBALP
8 Thu Minnesota 7:00 pm -- TNT
9 Fri @ Phoenix 7:30 pm -- ESPN
11 Sun L.A. Lakers 12:30 pm -- ABC
12 Mon @ Denver 6:00 pm -- NBATV
14 Wed @ Golden State 7:30 pm -- NBALP

Man, can there be any doubt we're going to finish with the best record? And don;t give me any Lakers talk.

rabid
03-29-2004, 09:40 PM
It must be nice to have 5 of your last 9 games on national television... I don't think we've had 5 all year. :shakehead:

Southside_Pacer
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
At least we can watch them lose hopefully. :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
It must be nice to have 5 of your last 9 games on national television... I don't think we've had 5 all year. :shakehead:

Hmm , I wonder why :rolleyes: Maybe because we broke down after the all star break last year and went on a silde through hell :idea: maybe because we got ousted by the Cletics in the first round :o I mean we have lost what the last 3 years in the first round of the playoffs :unimpressed:

These schedules are made in the summer well in advance of the season and I tell you what , I bet no one predicted we would be where we are in the standings for the season ( meaning in the media) . If the Pacers do happen to finish with 60 or more wins and go deep into the playoffs we will defintely get more national coverage next year.

TheSauceMaster
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM

SO you want the Lakers to bet the #1 Seed in the West :o

Southside_Pacer
03-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Doesn't really matter to me if the Lakers are #1 in the west or not. They still gotta play the games in the playoffs and they still gotta win the games in the playoffs.

Nothing is guarenteed for them. They could also self impload as well.

beast23
03-30-2004, 11:45 AM

SO you want the Lakers to bet the #1 Seed in the West :o
Actually, I'd like to see the Lakers be #4. That would give them the toughest road out of the WC. #5 would be worse because they wouldn't have home court advantage in the first round, but that would be too much to hope for.

BillS
03-30-2004, 08:07 PM
If the Pacers do happen to finish with 60 or more wins and go deep into the playoffs we will defintely get more national coverage next year.

The last time the Pacers won over 50 games and went to the NBA finals we had 3 nationally televised games the next year.

I think there were more scheduled, but they were changed when the team didn't do as well ....

Hmm ...

That should mean that they could change the schedule to show the games this year if they wanted to ...

Naaaa. Who would have been interested in Pacers v. Cavs? :rolleyes:

Roaming Gnome
03-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, I had more faith in NBC showing games that mattered or matchups then ABC/ESPN. ABC/ESPN has just shown how much of a ratings whore they are when it comes to their choice of matchups. This past weekend ABC gave us the pleasure of seeing Dallas V. Orlando while ESPN later showed... Boston V. Phily. Those were some high profile games there....3 or the 4 teams there most likely will not be in the playoffs!

Also, didn't the games seem bigger when they were on NBC? Maybe it was Bob Costas and the intros that gave the games the feel of being something big. Any way, ABC just doesn't cut it!

By the way, We are on ABC next week...in regional action! :sarcasm: Nice way to treat the best team in the NBA