PDA

View Full Version : When will Rick realize that AJ is not a starter?

Ragnar
12-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I dont feel like making a poll. So here are your options.

a) After tonight surely!!!

b) When we go on a sub .500 streak

c) When he gets fired

d) Never but at least we can trade AJ to Ricks new team next year.

Unclebuck
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Probably not until we win the championship with AJ starting and playing 30 minutes per game

Doug in CO
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
maybe we can package AJ with Artest

Because he is lousy

I vote D

Larry... has it been 3 years yet? Wait - I forgot, Larry's not in charge.

Ragnar
12-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Probably not until we win the championship with AJ starting and playing 30 minutes per game

Now thats funny. Since AJ was so good in the playoffs that the other team would imediatly go on huge runs whenever he was in, and they could be seen cheering from their bench whenever he got up.

Jaydawg2270
12-14-2005, 04:52 PM
When Tinsley stays healthy

Kegboy
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
So, Ragnar, do you seriously feel AJ has played poorly the past two games? I think he and Cabbage compliment each other quite nicely.

heywoode
12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
I would agree that he hasn't played horribly during JT's absence, but I can see where Ragnar is coming from...he is mostly crap...

The only thing I can say is that if JT was healthy, AJ would not be starting.

I think.

Shade
12-14-2005, 04:59 PM
The only reason AJ is starting is because Michael Curry is no longer here.

Since86
12-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Same time he realized Michael Curry was washed up.

When he retired.......

beast23
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Ragnar, when are you going to learn that AJ is not the problem? In fact he is part of the solution.

The problem, in a nut shell, is that your beloved Jamal can't keep his *** healthy.

AJ was never meant to be a starter, but he does make a darn nice backup at the PG slot. Heck, very few teams in the league have two players that we would consider to be quality starting PGs.

The Pacers just happen to be lucky in that regard. We have two right now. And a third (AJ) that can start a game in a pinch.

If you want to rag on someone, rag on Eddie Gill. He shouldn't even be on hte roster.

heywoode
12-14-2005, 05:27 PM
BREAKING NEWS...

AJ gives his thumbs up to being traded....

http://images.snapfish.com/34577%3C6323232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D325%3B%3E963%3E745% 3EWSNRCG%3D323339469%3A684nu0mrj

ssmall
12-14-2005, 05:32 PM
I still think he may start AJ even when Tins will be perfectlly healthy:cry:
and im serious...im afraid of that..

Ragnar
12-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh I realize if Tins were healthy AJ would not be starting but I bet he would still be playing too many minutes.

Can you seriousley tell me that AJ is a better pg than Sarunas? Or that he is a better sg than Fred?

DeS
12-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I guess, playing Saras at SG means that Tinsley will not be traded (so (imho) all Your trades, which involves Tinsley are not valid). Otherwise i do not see any sense in playing AJ at PG. Or... Rick is developing a concept of playing the main playmakers at SG ;)

BTW: Playing Saras at SG indeed makes some sense. Maybe Rick is planning the major role for our both PG's (Saras & Tins), both playing significant minutes as the starters after Ron loss. And now he wants Saras to get used to the position.

ChicagoJ
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes, AJ is a better SG than Fred. At both ends of the court.

Bball
12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
I guess, playing Saras at SG means that Tinsley will not be traded (so (imho) all Your trades, which involves Tinsley are not valid). Otherwise i do not see any sense in playing AJ at PG. Or... Rick is developing a concept of playing the main playmakers at SG ;)

You mean we won't get a player in return for Tinsley?

-Bball

DeS
12-14-2005, 05:52 PM
You mean we won't get a player in return for Tinsley?
I mean - if we get (let's say - very good player), he still will have to get used to the team. And it will take about a couple months before Rick could start the new player (p.s. just my opinion).

Hoop
12-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Ragnar, when are you going to learn that AJ is not the problem? In fact he is part of the solution.

The problem, in a nut shell, is that your beloved Jamal can't keep his *** healthy.

AJ was never meant to be a starter, but he does make a darn nice backup at the PG slot. Heck, very few teams in the league have two players that we would consider to be quality starting PGs.

The Pacers just happen to be lucky in that regard. We have two right now. And a third (AJ) that can start a game in a pinch.

If you want to rag on someone, rag on Eddie Gill. He shouldn't even be on hte roster.
:iagree:

beast23
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I've seen several proposed trades having AJ packaged with Artest in the trade that will take place in the next few days.

But seriously, with Tinsley being injured or experiencing an assortment of illnesses with some regularity, does anybody really believe that a trade of one of our guards is likely... without getting a guard in return?

As far as I'm concerned, Gill is a non-factor. He'll never see more than 100 minutes for the entire season. Depending on who we get for Artest, there is a decent chance that Jackson will see a lot of minutes at SF.

That leaves Tinsley (when healthy), Saras, AJ, Freddie and Jackson (when not playing SF) to cover the backcourt. That's not exactly great depth at SG.

SoupIsGood
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't agree with Rick letting AJ run the show to start the game, I would have Saras play at PG from the start. But, when Jamaal is in, AJ doesn't even play, so it's not too bad.

CableKC
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Isn't he starting cuz Tinsley is out?

317Kim
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Yup he's only startin cuz Tins is out..but we wont be seein him for awhile since he (Tins) is expected to play on friday :D