PDA

View Full Version : GET ODOM WALSH!

GetOdom
12-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Pleasseee! use your magic powers get Odom! :cool:

Shade
12-14-2005, 03:27 PM
I agree. He has the rebounding skills of Lamar and the savvy mind and basketball IQ of Donnie.

We'd probably have to throw in Ron Bird to make salaries match, though.

Vicious Tyrant
12-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree. He has the rebounding skills of Lamar and the savvy mind and basketball IQ of Donnie.

We'd probably have to throw in Ron Bird to make salaries match, though.
:lol: :lol:

Reggie4Three
12-14-2005, 03:38 PM
From all indications, we are looking for younger (and cheaper) talent. I think Odom makes our team the best it can be right now, but I don't think that's how Walsh is looking at it.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Odom is 26.

Antonio
12-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree, we don't need a BIG scorer, we need a man who can score but who is especially regular in rebounds and assists, so Odom or Harrington would be very good choices

scar
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree, we don't need a BIG scorer, we need a man who can score but who is especially regular in rebounds and assists, so Odom or Harrington would be very good choices

Harrington, assists... lol

GetOdom
12-14-2005, 03:54 PM
I understand Walsh saying he wants young talent but Odom is still young he's what? 26 thats young...

JO and Odom will be a good trio better then having Fisher and Taft or whatever.

Vicious Tyrant
12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Harrington and assists? Do you remember the guy who left the team? That man was not an assist man...

Hicks
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd rather have Foyle than Odom. And trading for Foyle guaranteed my turning in my Pacer Fan Club card. There I said it.

Why is that?

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Why is that?
I guess he forgot to add the sarcasm smilie ?
i hope
:shrug:

scar
12-14-2005, 04:00 PM
I guess he forgot to add the sarcasm smilie ?
i hope
:shrug:

He wants the Pacers to start losing and become a lottery team so in a few seasons they can draft Oden.

Pacesetter
12-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Odom isn't even in the same league or sport as an Artest. JMO.

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Errrrrr........bananas?
:bananadan:

I am certainly not as high as some on this board for Odom.
As I would not say he is my first or second choice
Although I am sure we could do worse for sure.

A legit concern is though he does primarily excel at the 4.

I would rather try and snag a up and coming SG or combo guard.
and or a center...
I guess it all depends on what offers are really out there...

GetOdom
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
How can anyone hate Odom's game? Al is a good player but Odom has better talent then him...

Odom is a triple-double player in the making give me a break...

scar
12-14-2005, 04:09 PM
How can anyone hate Odom's game? Al is a good player but Odom has better talent then him...

He's just bitter because Odom is the player Bender was suppose to be.

indygeezer
12-14-2005, 04:12 PM

And how does that square with Jackson wanting to be #2 option?

Arcadian
12-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I can see where people wouldn't like Odom. I don't expect him to be liked here. He isn't an energy guy or a guy who makes big plays. However, I do think he will make us a better team.

He is a star talent who is willing to play a role--something this team really needs. He is a player who plays smarter not harder, a guy who plays the "right way". He is also a distributor which makes the game easier for players with average point guard skills such as (Wade and Smush). He's a player who makes others better.

The question shouldn't be will Odom mesh with this line-up. No player is going to the way Ron did. Changes in the roster are going to come regardless of who we get. What we should be asking is who are the core players now and who can play well with them.

I'm not sure why people think Odom plays better at the 4. He only played there in Miami because they were small. The same goes with LA now. The only reason there is talk of moving him to the four is because of the lack of talent in thier bigs.

Vicious Tyrant
12-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Wait a minute, are we talking about Ron Bird or Odom Walsh?

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Wait a minute, are we talking about Ron Bird or Odom Walsh?
Neither

Peja Carlisle...

GetOdom
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm looking for someone who can do all of those things. Which is why I don't like Odom.

This is just going to be a agree to disagree situation. Hicks asked me why I didn't like Odom, I answered. I wasn't trying to tell anyone that they were wrong for thinking differently, as I "get" why people do like him.

Lamar and JO will be a great trio Odom averages almost 20PPG 9RPG and 6APG how does no one want him? I'm sure your thinking future but Pacers are thinking about winning now Artest or no Artest.

Arcadian
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Explain.

I think will be seen as another Mckey--a guy who should score more and doesn't play up to his talent. He can be seen as lazy as well because he isn't a hustle guy. He chooses his spots.

Arcadian
12-14-2005, 04:35 PM
He is also injury prone but I have a blind spot for him.

Arcadian
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
And I have an angry spot for him. So I'm surprised we seem to be at some sort of equitable posting stand-off.

It is easier to be equitable when you don't really think he is going to be a Pacer--and the fact that he is wearing a Laker uni.

Tim
12-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Harrington, assists... lol

Who is averaging more assists this season, Ron or Al?

Tim
12-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Harrington and assists? Do you remember the guy who left the team? That man was not an assist man...

Al isn't a point guard true, but look up his stats this season and compare his assists to Ron.

Slick Pinkham
12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
He (Odom) is a player who plays smarter not harder, a guy who plays the "right way".

I was under the impression that Odom is available only because he isn't intelligent enough to comprehend his role in the triangle offense.

He seems a fit for a free-flowing open-court game like in Dallas or Phoenix rather than half-court Carlisle-ball.

Arcadian
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
The triangle is horrible. Lamar gets it his teammates don't. Kobe, Walton and Odom are the only ones who do get it--which isn't surprising because they have only played some 20 games with it. Phil, from what I heard doesn't like Lamar's decisions, but I really don't know what that means. I also don't take much stock in what Phil says--you aren't a player in the league until Phil bad mouthes you.

Rick's offense on the other hand isn't hard to understand it is just a matter of sticking with it.

Kegboy
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Neither

Peja Carlisle...

Wow, talk about a guy who must sure hate himself. :shudder:

Anubis04
12-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I would love to get Odom...my only fear is wat his huge contract may do to the pacers in the future...isnt it like 11.5 mill, w/1 million increases for the next 3 yrs?

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 06:31 PM
I would love to get Odom...my only fear is wat his huge contract may do to the pacers in the future...isnt it like 11.5 mill, w/1 million increases for the next 3 yrs?
That's actually a very reasonable contract for a player of Odom's ability, I.M.O. How many 16/10/6 players are there in the league?

Anubis04
12-14-2005, 06:42 PM
well its reasonable...it jsut negates bender/pollard coming off the books later on (i assume we get to keep one of the two expiring contracts) so that means we stay around the 70 million payroll that the Simons dont like...

PacRaz27
12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I'd like a Ron Artest-Odom swap, but tell me...why in the world would the Lakers do that?

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
I'd like a Ron Artest-Odom swap, but tell me...why in the world would the Lakers do that?
To take a chance. Artest is a better player than Odom when he's not acting like a jackass. Phil probably thinks he can control Ron, and Ron will be happy in LaLa Land, and the Kobe & Ron duo will turn into a modern da Jordan & Pippen.

SoupIsGood
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Count me in the bananas club, I don't want Odom.

Diesel_81
12-14-2005, 11:55 PM
I really hope we do a trade with New Orleans and get P.J Brown and JR Smith. That would fit the bill.A young two guard with tons of potential and a veteran big man who is a tremendous defender. However its probably unlikely but Odom would be a good second choice.

My concern with Odom is Rick Carlisle a creative enough coach to maximize his talents. He's a very unique player being 6'10 playing smallforward/powerforward and initiating an offense. Also would adding Odom stunt the growth of Granger? I don't happen to think so because Granger himself is very versatile especially on the defensive end where he will eventually be able to guard shooting guards and powerforwards in this league.Getting Odom kinda makes you have to use an unconvential lineup both to exploit his strenghts(passing and ballhandling) and cover for his weaknesses mainly on the defensive end.

What do you guys think of a future starting lineup that consists of these five:

G-Saras
G-Granger
F-Odom
PF-Oneal
C- Foster

Isaac
12-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Guys, I think is clear that Odom Walsh isn't even in the same league or sport as Artest Bird.

Gamble
12-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Considering how the Pacers have made a habit of paying over the
market value for a player i wouldn't be worried about the books.
This trade makes sense if you keep Jax or get something equal if not
more reliable on the offense end. That won't happen in LA but a
seperate trade could work. Odom brings the word role player not star
in mind. He's a poor man's Tim Duncan or KG. Every night you'll get
the production you expect, its just wether or not everyone
else can produce offensively.:rolleyes:

lenin_fresh
12-15-2005, 04:15 AM
ESPN.com is saying that the Lakers are pursuing a trade for Artest pretty hard. I guess Jackson has wanted Artest since the summer when he came back. Marc Stein says it could be Odom or a three team deal. I'd be extremely pleased with either Odom or Harrington.