PDA

View Full Version : Guy I'd really love to have on our bench: Kyle Korver

Hicks
03-29-2004, 06:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kyle_korver/index.html?nav=page

The kid can flat out shoot the ball. He'd do great on a team with our low post presence as a guy you kick out to off of a double team. He'd have a field-day when his man leaves to double JO in the paint: Wide open 3's for a guy who shoots 40% from there. He'd be great for us.

The question is, how do we get him?

According to HoopsHype Salaries (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/philadelphia.htm), this is the last year of his contract, which is just $366,931.

However, according to RealGM Trade Checker (http://www1.realgm.com/src_tradechecker.php) he has one year left on his rookie contract.

1) If he's a FA this year, how willing would he be to leave Philadelphia, and how large of a contract would it take to sign him?

I have no idea on his feelings towards staying there or going to greener pastures, but I think he could be had for a fairly cheap price.

2) If he's a Sixer next year, and you wanted to try and trade for him, what would you try to get done? You'd almost certainly have to make it a somewhat larger trade involving bigger players, how might you try to get it done?

I really don't know how it would work out. I think even if he has another year left, you wait to try to sign him as a FA.

Either way, I'd love to have the guy in a Pacer uniform in the near future.

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Might be okay, but we already have a guy who plays like Austin Croshere. :)

Hicks
03-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Might be okay, but we already have a guy who plays like Austin Croshere. :)

Korver isn't at all like Austin. Austin's a big man, Korver's a 2/3.

Kstat
03-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Guys I'd love to have off the bench:

-Michael Pietrus

-Darell Armstrong

-Stromile Swift

Roy Munson
03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
The kid can flat out shoot the ball. He'd do great on a team with our low post presence as a guy you kick out to off of a double team. He'd have a field-day when his man leaves to double JO in the paint: Wide open 3's for a guy who shoots 40% from there. He'd be great for us.

Not interested. I don't think Ashton Kutcher can play 'D' well enough to fit in with the Pacers.

And the point above is correct that they already have a guy who can make 3's off the bench. Croshere does just fine, and since the all-star break Freddie has made 40%+ from the 3-line.

I don't see Carlisle and Bird going for any player unless they think he can play Monster D. Certainly not Ashton, although he brings attractive baggage with his wife.

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Hate to sound like I'm totally hating on the idea Hicks, but another reason would be that he is another young guy, which the Pacers already have enough of. He would have a tough, tough time finding any time to play, especially with Bender improving all the time. :o

Plus, we'd probably have to get rid of Primoz. :cry:

Suaveness
03-29-2004, 06:37 PM
He is a very good shooter....haven't seen enough to know how well the rest of his game is, but I wouldn't mind adding. Put Fred at PG and Korver at SG...wouldn't be bad for a bench.

dipperdunk
03-29-2004, 06:57 PM
The 76ers have a team option with him and Willie Green; their two promising rookies the 76ers definitely will bring both of them back. Even though our offense set the game of basketball back 50 years last night (23 pts in the 1st half) :shakehead: Korver finished the game hitting 5 three pointers again. He can definitely shoot and hes definitely a small forward not a 2 guard. His defense isn't too bad which is surprising you would think not being that athletic he would be a bad defender but hes a pretty decent defensive player.

Its weird even though the 76ers sucked this season they have a nice core of young guys with Green,Salmons,Dalembert,Korver and Kenny Thomas has quietly turned into one of the best forwards in the East. Hes averaging like 19 pts and 11 reb. per game this month. All they have to do this summer is make a good selection with their own pick and trade Iverson for a good young player or a high pick and that will give them a good young nucleus for the future.

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 07:52 PM
The 76ers have a team option with him and Willie Green; their two promising rookies the 76ers definitely will bring both of them back. Even though our offense set the game of basketball back 50 years last night (23 pts in the 1st half) :shakehead: Korver finished the game hitting 5 three pointers again. He can definitely shoot and hes definitely a small forward not a 2 guard. His defense isn't too bad which is surprising you would think not being that athletic he would be a bad defender but hes a pretty decent defensive player.

Its weird even though the 76ers sucked this season they have a nice core of young guys with Green,Salmons,Dalembert,Korver and Kenny Thomas has quietly turned into one of the best forwards in the East. Hes averaging like 19 pts and 11 reb. per game this month. All they have to do this summer is make a good selection with their own pick and trade Iverson for a good young player or a high pick and that will give them a good young nucleus for the future.

You're my favorite and smartest Sixers fan I know. :flirt: I agree with everything you just said.

wintermute
03-29-2004, 10:47 PM

billy king sure had some great drafts... dalembert and salmons were late first rounders while green and korver were 2nd rounders. what a way to rebuild :o

tdeltdot
03-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Guys I'd love to have off the bench:
<SNIP>
-Stromile Swift

Swift or Outlaw - both would be great. The Pacers really don't have anyone who can cover a huge chunk of the paint like both of them are able to. They'd be great compliments coming off the bench, on both O. and D.

What the heck would the Pistons do with Swift?