PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if any of our players are sweating over possibly being traded?

Shade
12-14-2005, 12:15 PM
How much would it suck to be traded right now because of Ron's outburst, and then be stuck with him as a teammate anyway? Ugh.

microwave_oven
12-14-2005, 12:17 PM
How much would it suck to be traded right now because of Ron's outburst, and then be stuck with him as a teammate anyway? Ugh.

WOW...sorry AJ, but we gotta do what we gotta do

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow I never really looked at it this way... How much would it suck to be traded with Ron to a terrible team? Or as Shade stated, traded with Ron and have to put up with all his craziness there? I know if I was a player I'd be a little worried right now, and playing my *** off to try to convince management not to trade me.

Harddrive7
12-14-2005, 12:18 PM

Yeah, that would be really bad. Just the thought that you're going to be traded just because of Ron would really hurt by itself.

Bball
12-14-2005, 12:39 PM
How much would it suck to be Walsh, Carlisle, or Bird and know you had another problem on the team you wanted to deal with first (before Artest) and have Artest throw a monkey wrench in the system by demanding his trade and making that the front burner issue? Meanwhile, he is hurting or destroying talks that you might've already been involved in.

-Bball

Shade
12-14-2005, 12:42 PM
How much would it suck to be Walsh, Carlisle, or Bird and know you had another problem on the team you wanted to deal with first (before Artest) and have Artest throw a monkey wrench in the system by demanding his trade and making that the front burner issue? Meanwhile, hurting or destroying talks that you might've already been involved in.

-Bball

Not to mention that, had the demand come in the offseason, we could have retained JJ.

indygeezer
12-14-2005, 12:44 PM

I'd be praying for a 3 team deal....real hard.

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 12:46 PM
How much would it suck to be Walsh, Carlisle, or Bird and know you had another problem on the team you wanted to deal with first (before Artest) and have Artest throw a monkey wrench in the system by demanding his trade and making that the front burner issue? Meanwhile, hurting or destroying talks that you might've already been involved in.

-Bball

Precisely.. I have no doubt that was the case

ABADays
12-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I've kind of stated the same thing on other threads. That would really suck.

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Not to mention that, had the demand come in the offseason, we could have retained JJ.

Yeah, those 10 points per game on 41% shooting and 3.3 boards sure would have been handy!........... Don't get me wrong, I loved having JJ here but don't make him out to be better than he is.

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, those 10 points per game on 41% shooting and 3.3 boards sure would have been handy!........... Don't get me wrong, I loved having JJ here but don't make him out to be better than he will be

Fixed..;)

3Ball
12-14-2005, 12:54 PM

Double ouch, that's right. By the way, JJs numbers this year:
23.8 mpg
.411 fg%
.396 3-pt%
10.2 ppg

That would help...

Shade
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, those 10 points per game on 41% shooting and 3.3 boards sure would have been handy!........... Don't get me wrong, I loved having JJ here but don't make him out to be better than he is.

Those stats beat the 0.0 points on 0% shooting and 0.0 boards Ron will bring in on the inactive list.

I have never once propped JJ to be more than he is, but he was worth more than we got for him.

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Double ouch, that's right. By the way, JJs numbers this year:
23.8 mpg
.411 fg%
.396 3-pt%
10.2 ppg

That would help...

Do you really think we can't get something better than that for Ron? Seriously... JJ turned out to be better as expected which wasn't that difficult since he was a second rounder, but... well... I'm going to assume that whatever player we bring in for Ron will play roughly the same position and be skilled enough to start over JJ, along with Granger so... No it wouldn't have helped AT ALL.

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Those stats beat the 0.0 points on 0% shooting and 0.0 boards Ron will bring in on the inactive list.

I have never once propped JJ to be more than he is, but he was worth more than we got for him.

Agreed, he's worth more than some random second rounder, but what if the 2.5 mil trade exception helps the team bring in a good talent (along with trading Ron)?

indygeezer
12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Do you really think we can't get something better than that for Ron? Seriously... JJ turned out to be better as expected which wasn't that difficult since he was a second rounder, but... well... I'm going to assume that whatever player we bring in for Ron will play roughly the same position and be skilled enough to start over JJ, along with Granger so... No it wouldn't have helped AT ALL.

It helps yer stats a whole heap when you are on a team that runs and runs and runs and really doesn't worry too much about defence. It's known as the Brad Miller effect.

Bball
12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
JJ would've helped this team in it's quota of good citizens with good character... whether he helped on the floor or not...

But that is another issue...

-BBall

Hicks
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
It helps yer stats a whole heap when you are on a team that runs and runs and runs and really doesn't worry too much about defence. It's known as the Brad Miller effect.

Yeah, our blitz offense (and no defense) in '03 shipped him straight to Atlanta that February...

Unclebuck
12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd love to be trade with Ronnie.

Shade
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I'd love to be trade with Ronnie.

:crazy:

Okay, then, what can a package deal of Ron and UB bring us? :devil:

ChicagoJ
12-14-2005, 02:32 PM
A bag of chips and a bag of pretzels?

indygeezer
12-14-2005, 02:33 PM

An old discarded Rimfire notepad???

Shade
12-14-2005, 02:34 PM
A bag of chips and a bag of pretzels?

Pass. Their defense is pretty inconsistent, though they do have their moments when salt gets in an opposing player's eyes.

Shade
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
An old discarded Rimfire notepad???

The one with "LJ, 4-point play!" on it?

Suaveness
12-14-2005, 03:02 PM
How DARE you mention that!

Bball
12-14-2005, 04:46 PM

UB had very high trade value until the suicide attempt this weekend. No team is going to want to offer much knowing that only a snowbank saved him and he could again snap at any time. And the next time there might not be a snowbank waiting at the bottom of the bridge.

-Bball

Kegboy
12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
UB had very high trade value until the suicide attempt this weekend. No team is going to want to offer much knowing that only a snowbank saved him and he could again snap at any time. And the next time there might not be a snowbank waiting at the bottom of the bridge.

-Bball

Yeah, but he'd come off the cap then. :evillaugh:

You think we could talk Billy King into giving us Igudala and Dipperdunk for them? :pray: