PDA

View Full Version : Player availability- Caution: Not an Artest thread

bread
12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Is there another team even close to the Pacers in number of games lost due to injury/illness/"family matters" the last 2 years? I didn't include the suspensions because what happened last year was not normal. Maybe I'm over-reacting but it just seems like every single game and/or practice we are missing somebody from our regular rotation due to one of these reasons. I don't have the time to look it up but I would be shocked if there was another team in the league that has worse health/family issues than we do. Why is that???

Team chemistry is talked about a lot but how can we ever hope to have any chemistry on the court if we never have the whole rotation together to even practice. :mad:

BTW, Tinsley would be the leader of this group. I like him when he plays but he has WAAAAY too many issues. He's got to go.

Ragnar
12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I hate to point out the obvious but it seems many of you are incable of seeing it so I guess I will need to.

Jermaine played exctly 4 more games last year than Tinsley. 4

He was injured and not playing well in the playoffs just like Jamaal.

They both need to be healthy this year.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Uh, JO was suspended for 15 of those games, right?

Ragnar
12-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Uh, JO was suspended for 15 of those games, right?

Yes thats true but how long had he been back when he was out for the year. It could have easily happened sooner and he was less than helpfull in the playoffs this year.

My point is that Tinsley is not in any stretch our only injury prone player.

Like I said before I expect Tins to be healthy this year durring the playoffs or I will be ready to see him go. You know he is by far my favorite Pacer.

bread
12-14-2005, 12:16 PM
JO was either injured or suspended. Tins seems to get the flu every month (when he's not injured). If I didn't know any better I would swear he is really a woman and the "flu symptoms" are just a cover for PMS. And how many practices has he missed this year for family reasons? I'm not saying that the family reasons aren't legit, but going back to my original point it takes away from the team chemistry if he can't even be at practice.

I know, I know... "Practice? We talkin 'bout practice!"

Frank Slade
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
The bottom line is WHEN Tinsley is healthy and happy, he is a borderline All-Star Caliber PG.
That is what is so frustrating !!! The questions in every Pacer Fans mind is how long this year will be healthy?
He is a great asset to have whenever he is at the top of his game mentally and physically.

However It's very diffcult to base your hopes on what if's or coulda shoulda's....
I think that is the basis for most of the frustration when it comes to JT.
And since the organization has been decimated by injuries before, there is a tendecy to be very hesitant on getting too excited ,
any time he returns to the line up, you can't help but wonder when will the next injury or whatever pop up again.

It would almost be easier to accept if Tinsley was not as talented as he is, to tease us with long stretches of great play , only to
be out just as long afterwards.

I truly hope he can return this year and really be at the top of his game all year, but I am not going got get my hopes up either..