PDA

View Full Version : Official Trade Speculation Thread

indypacerfan54
12-14-2005, 12:22 AM
What player do you think we will get
Pick 3 players

Each induvidual pick should be a main cog in the trade should there be a 2+ player trade (not just filler or contract dump)

Most Likely Player
Second Most Likely
and a
Darkhorse

Most Likely: Channing Frye

Next Most Likely: Big AL

Darkhorse: Dalembert

purdue101
12-14-2005, 12:25 AM
most likely: al harrington
next most likely: peja
darkhorse: radmanovic or iggy

tinsley#11
12-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Most Likely: Al Harrington
2nd Most Likely: Channing Frye
Darkhorse: Richard Jefferson

Antonio
12-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Most likely: Rashard Lewis
Next most: Josh Howard + Daniels or Harris
Darkhorse: Lamar Odom

Hoop
12-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Most Likely: Peja
2nd Most Likely: Al Harrington
Darkhorse: Odom

skyfire
12-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Most likely: Lamar Odom
2nd Most likely: Grant Hill
Darkhorse: Channing Frye

FireTheCoach
12-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Most likely: veteran hotdog vendor

2nd most likely: hotdog

3rd: just a bun with a little mustard on it

Los Angeles
12-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Most Likely: Unprotected First Round Pick
Next most likely: Al Harrington
Darkhorse: Vinegar and Sea Salt Potato Chips.

Ultimate Frisbee
12-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Most Likely: Al Harrington
Next most likely: Caron Butler
Darkhorse: Brian Scalabrine :laugh: :laugh:

hoopsforlife
12-14-2005, 06:19 AM
How about Artest + choice of any or all 12 players left for the entire San Antonio Spurs team. Lets get this over with quick. :)

Had to edit because I want to keep Saras and Granger.

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Most Likely: Lamar Odom - maybe wishful thinking on my part, but it seems to me the Lakers name is coming up more often than any other teams. Coach Jackson seems to really like Artest's game, and Phils (get it?) he can keep Ron under control.

2nd Most Likely:Something from Golden State - Bird and Mullin have a good relationship and Golden State is a Western Conference team that has some interesting young pieces (Pietrus, Dunleavy, Biedrins)

Darkhorse: Rashard Lewis - Shard doesn't seem happy in Seattle, and the Sonics need some changes, prefereably some help defensively. Although I believe the Pacers would have to throw in Tinsley to make salaries work and to make it worth the risk for Seattle.

Gamble
12-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Give me Lamar with a side of Krover and if i can't get fortune with my
cookie then Peja would be my last and only choice.

NPFII
12-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Darkhorse: Rashard Lewis - Shard doesn't seem happy in Seattle, and the Sonics need some changes, prefereably some help defensively. Although I believe the Pacers would have to throw in Tinsley to make salaries work and to make it worth the risk for Seattle.

That would be a beauty:

Artest+Tinsley for Rashard+FlipMurray

Tell me that's not the best deal you've heard all week?

Slick Pinkham
12-14-2005, 09:31 AM
1) Peja
2) Stromile Swift + Luther Head
3) Al

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 09:34 AM
If we could get Luther Head, that might be worth going for... He's been doing great for the Rockets.

BlueNGold
12-14-2005, 09:59 AM
That would be a beauty:

Would the Sonics really do that? That is about the most even trade we could get talent-wise. I doubt it will happen.

NPFII
12-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Would the Sonics really do that? That is about the most even trade we could get talent-wise. I doubt it will happen.

I think the Sonics feel they need a change after last year's success, and this year's let-down. They're sub-500, and they don't have much more than the Ray-Lewis combo, along with the palette of bigs.

They lose Flip, but he plays behind ray Allen anyway, so they don't lose much. He's also in his last year, so he would be gone anyway. They lose Rashard, but they get Ron.

In a deal like this they get a starting PG, and a starting SF. They get defense, which they traditionally need. They keep their bigs intact, and they are generally a better team. They could actually make a decent playoff run with that trade.

If I were the Sonics - I'd do it.

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
The question is, will the Sonics' GM decide it's worth the risk of Artest ultimately ruining the team? Then again, for them it's not like they could get a whole lot worse at this point... I think Seattle has to think very hard about this.

BlueNGold
12-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know Flip's game. Is he quick? We could use some quickness on the perimeter at times. We could definitely use Lewis.

Anyone know if they are team players...or selfish SOB's?

Mordecaii
12-14-2005, 10:34 AM
I remember a couple years ago when Flip took over for Ray when he was injured, and flourished in the role. He does seem like a quick player, definately not the shooter that Ray is but better at getting to the rim. As far as them being team players, Rashard always struck me as a team player, not so sure about Flip...

NPFII
12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
The question is, will the Sonics' GM decide it's worth the risk of Artest ultimately ruining the team? Then again, for them it's not like they could get a whole lot worse at this point... I think Seattle has to think very hard about this.

Indeed.

Maybe they will think "hey - maybe he'll be better off over here... maybe he'll cool off... maybe Danny Fortson can knock some sense in to him..." ;)

In hebrew there's a saying - "suckers never die, they just get replaced"...

waxman
12-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Flip has been playing backup at both guard positions for the sonics this year...he has good quickness/ hops/handles....and can score.

naptownmenace
12-14-2005, 01:06 PM
That would be a beauty:

That's my #1 most likely right there. Since we're losing Artest anyway let's get rid of our second most undependable player too. If they offer it, I think DW will have to take it.

Next Most Likely: Dunleavy Jr. & Michael Petrius
Darkhorse: Shane Battier and 1st rounder for Artest

Vicious Tyrant
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Does Flip play ANY defense?

Most likely: some Knick
Second: some Warrior
Dark Horse: Odom

Dukins
12-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Most likely: Lamar Odom
2nd Most likely: Lewis + Murray
Darkhorse: Channing Frye

Hicks
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
That's my #1 most likely right there. Since we're losing Artest anyway let's get rid of our second most undependable player too. If they offer it, I think DW will have to take it.

I'd love this one, but I just don't know that Seattle would do it.

naptownmenace
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I'd love this one, but I just don't know that Seattle would do it.

I can dream can't I? No? Okay... :cry:

Naptown Seth
12-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I would say throw in that big pile of stupidness David Harrison, but Seattle already has about 40 project big men so they dont need him. I'd throw in Fred Jones tho, since with Flip he's no longer be needed.

Hicks
12-14-2005, 02:48 PM
40 project bigmen? They only have 1 bigman period, and he's a nutcase (Fortsen).

Slick Pinkham
12-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Potopenko, Petro, Mikki Moore are their garbage centers other than Fortson. They all reek, though Petro can defend a teeny bit, unlike all the others.

Gamble
12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
They only have 1 bigman period, and he's a nutcase (Fortsen).
The transition would be almost seamless...
I say go for reliability whatever team it comes from i don't care.