PDA

View Full Version : Once again, if you were the Pacers' GM right now...

Shade
12-13-2005, 09:57 PM
What would you do? Do you trade Ron, and for who? Do you get rid of anyone else? What does "your" team look like when the dust settles? Think in both the short and long term.

As for me, I trade Ron and Scot for Odom, sign Snap and another FA (preferably a SF), and see how things pan out from there.

C - Foster/Hulk
PF - JO/Cro/Samaki
SF - Odom/Granger/FA
SG - Jack/Freddie/Snap
PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

Or, if the Odom deal can't happen, I bring back Big Al for Ron, straight up:

C - Foster/Hulk/Polly
PF - JO/Cro/Samaki
SF - Al/Granger
SG - Jack/Freddie/Snap
PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Baby Al is on the top of my list, even if he isnt the best player that we could get.

Pacesetter
12-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I like Channing Frye or Chris Bosh. I do NOT like Odom. JMO. I think Odom is only going to blossom when he has the ball in his hands 21 times a game, and that's like an Artest Jr. I don't see him as a team player who sets his sights on professionalism first.

Chris Bosh and Channing Frye are both exciting young players, and one of Donnie Walsh's comments was that they weren't looking for veterans, so in my opinion, Odom would be a mistake, whereas Frye and or Channing would come in with some of our younger guys and pick up on things right away, and that's what we should expect for a guy like Ron Artest who is also very young and extremely capable.

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
You are out of your damn mind if you think we are going to get a player like Chris Bosh for Ron. Where the hell do you people get this stuff. Its like saying we want Carmello for Ron.

Young
12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Well I don't really believe that at this point we can get a nice talent like Odom, Peja, Al, or Lewis, etc. Maybe i'm wrong though, I hope so. I used to think so but not so much anymore.

But anyways yes I would defentily trade Ron. (I would have sent him somewhere last summer)

I would do a trade with New York. Right now out of all the realistic possiabilties they have the best combination of talent and the best ability to give us cap flexibilty. Before I didn't think NY could be anywhere near in the running but right now I think they might based on what I have read, JMO.

Anyways...

To Indiana:
- Antonio Davis
- Trevor Ariza
- David Lee
- Future 1rst Round Pick *I think Zeke would add it in the deal.

To New York:
- Ron Artest
- Jon Bender *I'm not for sure his contract situation if it is true he is going to retire. It might be best to put Pollard in the deal. (Can we afford to deal Cro with the way he has played this season?)

Pacers lineup:
PG: Tinsley/Saras/Johnson
SG: Jackson/Freddie
SF: Granger/Ariza/Lee
PF: JO/Croshere/AD
C: Foster/Harrison/Pollard

That isn't the deal that excites me but it is the best deal I could think of while trying to be realistic as to who would want Artest.

Pacesetter
12-13-2005, 10:46 PM
You are out of your damn mind if you think we are going to get a player like Chris Bosh for Ron. Where the hell do you people get this stuff. Its like saying we want Carmello for Ron.

We could send them, Ron Artest and a future second rounder (say 2008) :D for Chris Bosh. The guy is already saying he doesn't want to reup with Toronto so they might as well get something for him. Make it a sign and trade deal worth 7.25 for 3 years. Just a thought, and no, I'm not out of my mind. For a preview of where Ron's numbers can be, just take a peek at the first 7 games last year. He's the 2004 Defensive POY and an All Star. You just don't know what Ronnie means! :D

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Ohh yes, that is why the best offer for him last year was Bonzi Wells. If you think we will get Chris Bosh, then you keep on dreaming.

Frank Slade
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Houston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Stromile Swift
6-9 PF from Louisiana State
8.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 21.5 minutes
Luther Head
6-3 PG from Illinois
9.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 26.4 minutes
Incoming
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: +1.0 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Incoming
Stromile Swift
6-9 PF from Louisiana State
8.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 21.5 minutes
Luther Head
6-3 PG from Illinois
9.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 26.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and +0.5

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Thank you VA, what the hell is up with that second trade? What is the point of doing that? To make us suck at PG?

Frank Slade
12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Thank you VA, what the hell is up with that second trade? What is the point of doing that? To make us suck at PG?
:

Luther head can play both spots as well..
Hey I am just being realistic...

Uh strike that.. I did not realize how many games Lue has missed :(

Pacesetter
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Ohh yes, that is why the best offer for him last year was Bonzi Wells. If you think we will get Chris Bosh, then you keep on dreaming.

Last year? You mean when he was suspended for 73 games with the possibility of being banned for life from the NBA? This guy was averaging 24.6 pts per game and was shutting the opponents best scorers down nightly before his suspension.

Ron is the kind of player that could go into Toronto and help put butts in the seats and shore up a weak defense.

Harmonica
12-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Jerm, you crack me up being the trade watchdog.

skyfire
12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
meh i've posted this in like 3 other threads already, might aswell do it here...

Pacers get : Lamar Odom and Earl Watson
Lakers get : Ron Artest and Andre Miller
Nuggets get : Jamaal Tinsley, Chris Mihm and either Scot Pollard/Jon Bender

PG: Saras/Watson
SG: Jax/Freddy
SF: Odom/Granger
PF: JO/Cro
C: Foster/Hulk

or when Rick inevitably goes small a lineup of:
Saras/Jax/Granger/Odom/JO

Odom is a better rebounder, ball handler and passer than Ron.
I think it would give a good mix of scoring, passing, rebounding and defense.

aceace
12-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Frye + Jerome James for Artest and Harrison. Jerome has not had a fair shake this year after a great season last year.

sweabs
12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Frye + Jerome James for Artest and Harrison. Jerome has not had a fair shake this year after a great season last year.

Jerome James is absolutely horrible.

Common misconception: he didn't have a great season last year at all. Check his stats. He had a "good" playoff series against the Kings, who coincidentally, had no big man outside of Brad Miller who was playing on one leg.

John Edwards would have looked like God in the paint against the Kings in that series.

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 11:22 PM
You guys are not happy with the effort this team puts out on the court. If we get Jerome James you will be even more upset, the guy is freaking horrible.

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Ron and Cro for Odom and Bynum. Sign Wes Person, and tell Rick if Wes plays over Danny, he's fired.

Foster/Harrison/Pollard
JO/Bynum/Walker
Odom/Granger/Lil' Person
Jackson/Cabbage/Jones
Tinsley/AJ/Gill

Shade
12-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Ron and Cro for Odom and Bynum. Sign Wes Person, and tell Rick if Wes plays over Danny, he's fired.

Foster/Harrison/Pollard
JO/Bynum/Walker
Odom/Granger/Lil' Person
Jackson/Cabbage/Jones
Tinsley/AJ/Gill

I doubt the Lakers would do that.

granger
12-14-2005, 01:20 AM
i would do a deal with ny only for frye+lee/... ariza is not the guy we need. actually i think there is too much hype with frye.

hell no butler and jeffries.

foster / harrison / pollard
jo / cro / samaki
sjax / granger
saras / freddie / sjax
tins / saras / aj / gill

hmm

what about these ones ?

gs
incoming : ron artest, david harrison, anthony johnson
ind
incoming : derek fisher, ike diogu, andris biedrins (+ pick)

trade id : 2715752

ny
out: trevor ariza, nate, jerome james, q. rich
in: ron artest, aj, williamson
sac
out: peja, francisco garcia, williamson
in: trevor ariza, nate, jerome james, q. rich
ind
out: artest, aj
in: peja, francisco garcia

trade id : 2715909