PDA

View Full Version : It's time Kevin O'Neill gets some credit

Unclebuck
12-13-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm going to start a thread about something other than Ron Artest.

For whatever reason many of you don't think very highly of Kevin O'Neill. The common refrain from the anti-Kevin crowd is that the Pacers defense would suffer this season without Mike Brown. And many of you are probably thinking right now - well it has.

No it hasn't. The Pacers have the 4th best defensive field goal percentage (the most important defensive team stat). In fact they are really tied for second.

Clippers give up .411
Rockets give up .422
Spurs give up .422
Pacers give up .423

Kevin O'Neill is in charge of the Pacers defense and after a rough start to the season the defense has been superb lately. I think it is time K.O. gets some credit.

Oh, by the way the Cavs are the 4th worst defense FG % team.

SoupIsGood
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Kevin has sweet hair.

aceace
12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice post, I have thought well of our D all year except for 2 games Philly ,Charlotte.

indygeezer
12-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Gee (snif snif) real basketball talk.

{and yeah, I'm just as guilty as anyone)

Pacesetter
12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I like all of our coaches.

My favorite is "DB!"

I think DB should run for President! :usa:

The Rifleman is gettin things done. I wonder what Ron Ron and the Rifleman had to say to each other in the waning days leading up to Ron Ron's epiphany?!?! Anyway, Chuck is great too. I cherish all of our veterans. In this dilemma they seem like angels from heaven compared to this lot. lol. (JK)

Shade
12-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Of course, that was with Ron on the team...

:brick: :runout:

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 10:28 PM
On behalf of the anti-Kevin crowd, the concern was never about defense. The concern was losing a coach that was widely credited with being a stabilizing force in the locker room and promoting a coach that has a reputation for rubbing players the wrong way. In that regard, looking over the past couple months, I see plenty of evidence those concerns were warranted.

I'm not saying its Kevin's fault, but, in retrospect, just bringing Chuck on board to counteract both Rick and Kevin hasn't done a bit of good. Once again, I must ask those who actually attend games, has anybody seen Chuck do, well, anything? :(

Pacers#1Fan
12-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Lately our D has been great. If Kevin can keep us playing with this type of intensity at the defensive end I will be more than happy.