PDA

View Full Version : Artest = Blessing in disguise?

Jon Theodore
12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok when I first heard the news, like everyone else I was angry. But the more I think about it...the more I see this as a blessing.

This whole Ron Artest thing is going to motivate every player on our team to work twice as hard, to prove we are better without Ronnie. I expect Jermaine, Jack, Granger, and Sarunas all to make noticeable improvements in their game, being motivated by what happened with Ron.

We all knew this team was honestly TOO DEEP. Now Granger will advance at a quicker rate, Jackson has his role that he flourishes in and Sarunas gets more minutes. All in all I think we should be HAPPY. We all knew Ron was a ticking timebomb...certainly it would of been better to move him earlier, but the Pacers took a risk.

But I think the Pro's are going to outweight the con's here. Jermaine has said anything less than a championship is a failure, Sarunas want's to win a championship more than most guys in this league based on the passion he demonstrates on a nightly basis.

I feel like if we can somehow move Tinsley, without taking much of a talent hit there. The this team is ready to take off.

The pacers have looked really solid without Tins/Artest in the lineup. All we need to do is get some solid role players for these guys. If we can get a guy like Hughes/Odom/Peja....I think this team is poised to make a run at the Pistons.

The Pistons are reminding me of the Pacers team that won 61 games. They are just rolling through teams, but will they honestly be able to maintain that intensity throug the playoffs.

Our Pacer team is looking like the Pistons team when they went 12-12. We have had a bumpy start and some other issues.

I also see the fans rallying behind this team POST Ron. Just like they did after the brawl. We all know how our players will respond to that.

Also, whats the Bender situation? Does that allow us a certain amount of money to sign another free agent or something along those lines? Fill me in here.

I for one am looking forward to adding some new faces to this franchise. Donnie Walsh knows what he is doing and I expect him to sit on Ron Artest until a solid trade is available. This could take time, but thank god the NBA season is so long. Looks as if our team is going to be in perfect position to do some damage in the playoffs.

I for one haven't been more excited about Pacers basketball in sometime. We ALL knew that this team was going nowhere with Tins/Jack/Artest. Too many boneheads.

One of those guys is FOR SURE removed from the equation, now if we can get rid of Tinsley...I think a HUGE burden will be off our shoulders. I'd love to see us deal Artest/Tins to atlanta for Al Harrington and a young guy/draft pick or what have you.

We have a pretty solid window of opportunity to win a championship. If not this year...it's only looking better the year after. (i know most people will hate that comment)

Jermaine is only getting better and MUCH more mature as the days go by. Sarunas is likely to make vast improvements in the next 2 years, then probably level off. Granger is obviously going to be a beast in a couple of years.

I like our chances a lot better without Ron and his distractions. I love the way he plays on the court, but it ends there. Jermaine obviously can't stand Artest and I think that was a major reason for our struggles early on.

The Pacers will win the next 2-3 games...then soon enough we will add some new faces and maybe drop a couple games while introducing new guys to the system.

I like the Pacers with a lower seed in the playoffs anyhow. Pacers fluorish with the underdog role...and not to mention the better draft pick we might get.

So all in all...i'm not even concerned with our record this year. We will make the playoffs and our team can only become a more cohesive unit as the season goes on.

GO PACERS!!

Pig Nash
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
:stupid: (as in, I concur, not, I think you are stupid)

Jon Theodore
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
well enjoy your pessimism.

tinsley/sjack/artest/jermaine are all one on one players.

Your a jackass if you think a startin line up with those 4 is going places.

Basketball is a team game. Case in point....Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons.

I don't think any professional team has such pessimistic fans as the Pacers. It's quite ridiculous.

But you calling me "stupid" for stating an opinion tells me all I need to know, in regards to how much credibility your post has.

Jon Theodore
12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
What just happened? He said he was agreeing with you.

I didn't see it that way.

He didn't convey his feelings properly then.

If btown is right, my apologies.

Frank Slade
12-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Let this be a lesson to us all.
If you live by the smilie you will die by the smilie.

Smilies are the number one cause for confusion in America..

And kids today are using them without any regards to thier hazardous consequences....

85% of kids admit they have used smilie's just to get through a tough day at school..

:teacher:

Harmonica
12-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I didn't see it that way.

He didn't convey his feelings properly then.

Yes he did.

Pig Nash
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I should have gone with :amen: :whoknows:

Harmonica
12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I should have gone with :amen: :whoknows:

Why you dirty lowdown son-of-aŚ! Just what do you mean by that?

Shade
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Let this be a lesson to us all.
If you live by the smilie you will die by the smilie.

Smilies are the number one cause for confusion in America..

And kids today are using them without any regards to thier hazardous consequences....

85% of kids admit they have used smilie's just to get through a tough day at school..

:teacher:

It's true. Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in... :happydanc :darkness:

Damn it. :(

Jon Theodore
12-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I have horrible smiley comprehension skills

Pacers#1Fan
12-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Does anyone have any ideal what is going on with Bender?

Pacersfan.
12-13-2005, 10:38 PM

I heard he's going to announce his retirement sometime this week.

BlueNGold
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
My biggest question is:

Will they use Bender's trade value while trading Artest...or will they simply dump Bender's salary? I think they have to pay Bender anyway for ...what, a year? ...so why not use the salary if the opportunity is right.

Bball
12-13-2005, 11:47 PM

I tried to get some info and this is all I could get:

http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/futurama/futurep.jpg

-Bball