PDA

View Full Version : Would you want him if he becomes available?

Gyron
03-29-2004, 03:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1770821

Just read this story and was wondering....would you want him? And if so, who would we have to trade to get him if you did?

Suaveness
03-29-2004, 03:30 PM
No.

Stryder
03-29-2004, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1770821

Just read this story and was wondering....would you want him? And if so, who would we have to trade to get him if you did?

I'm a fan of CWebb and the University of Michigan, but he needs to stop being such a p*ssy. Seriously. Suck it up. Hit some shots. Win a championship.

Damn, his attitude has always sucked.

ChicagoJ
03-29-2004, 03:34 PM
He's a downgrade from JO.

He really has never been good at making his teammates better, even though he puts up big numbers.

I can think of five or six other reasons the Kings are semi-successful (including, the collective court-smarts of Divac, Bibby, Chrisite and Peja).

He tends to disappear in big games.

So I guess I'd trade Pollard for him, but that won't work under the cap...

:devil:

Will Galen
03-29-2004, 03:34 PM
No, the only way we would get him is in a trade and I wouldn't want to give up what it would take to get him. (I don't care what we would have to give up because I know it wouldn't be Cro and Pollard)

waxman
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
we have a younger better PF.... whats his name???

Gyron
03-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say I wanted him, just curious what everyone elses views were on him.

To be honest, he can be a decent player, but if he can't take a little criticism, no way does he need to be anywhere near this team. Plus as far as I can remember he has never really been all that successful in the NBA really. He's been good, just not all he's paid to be. And I guess you are right, he doesn't have the best reputation for being a great team player.....

So my vote would be no too just for the record.

naptownmenace
03-29-2004, 05:05 PM
I like Chris Webber and before this little perjury thing, he was one of my favorite players.

However, the best way to describe Webber's impact on the game is to take a look at his career numbers. Not scoring, rebounding, or even assists (which are all impressive). This is the stat I'm talking about:

That's the average number of games he's played in his 11 year career*. He's never played more than 75 games in a single season. To be so big and blessed with a physique like his, he's soft as tissue paper.

I guess Chris is short for Crystal because with the simplest little fall he shatters to pieces.

*His per season average of games played could increase a bit if he makes it through the remaining 10 or so games.

Theshop
03-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Al and Bender for Kobe. A lineup of Foster, JO, Artest, Kobe, Tinsley would be out of hand. Kobe would address our back court scoring and defense as well as anyone in the NBA.

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Al and Bender for Kobe. A lineup of Foster, JO, Artest, Kobe, Tinsley would be out of hand. Kobe would address our back court scoring and defense as well as anyone in the NBA.

But he would only get to go to Denver once a season. :P

Stryder
03-29-2004, 10:56 PM
That's the average number of games he's played in his 11 year career*. He's never played more than 75 games in a single season. To be so big and blessed with a physique like his, he's soft as tissue paper.

I guess Chris is short for Crystal because with the simplest little fall he shatters to pieces.

I wouldn't say he is soft.

Let's see you injure your knee as he did and try to come back from it.

Do you have any first hand experience with knee injuries and rehab?

I know how tough it is.

Anthem
03-30-2004, 03:13 AM

I'd rather do Al and Bender for TMac.... we give TMac a (almost) max contract and Orlando gets a strong forward duo.