PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to move on

rabid
12-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm in a hurry, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Ron has been my favorite player (when he's playing) on this team for a while now (with the possible exception of the guy on the left...). I love watching the guy on the court.

But... I'm over this already. I mean, really, what else can you do at this point but laugh and shrug your shoulders? This is so retarted that I don't even know where to begin.

I've read the other threads over the past few days, and sympathized with many of the posts (I feel for UB especially, he's in the smae boat as me).

But there's another story here. A longer-term, much more intriuging and potentially positive story.

How is the TEAM going to respond to this?

We've heard and seen how emotional this team is. That quality can work against them (the beginning of this year, 11/19, some playoff collapses, IT's last season, etc.), or it can work FOR them (post 11/19 last year).

With Runi, Danny, and with J.O. now pretty much the unquestioned leader of the team, I'm very very interested to see where we go from here.

Ron is already gone. The Pacers made a wise choice to ask Ron not to come to practice or sit on the bench until he's gone. Because he IS gone, from this day forward. Period.

There's a game to be played tomorrow night. And a game after that. And a game after that. And we still have a group of guys with the potential to be a DAMN good team.

The only question is whether, as Rick would say, this team can turn their emotions into "emotional energy." They now have a common cause - an event that could jar them into focus. A reason to have an "us-against the world" mentality. A chip on their shoulder.

I think the next five to ten games will say more about this team than anything resulting from the Ron situation (trades or whatever). And that's what I'd like to start talking about.

stipo
12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Ready to move past the Artest drama, but I don't think JO is capable of leading the team into the new era. Here's to hoping I'm wrong:alcohol:.