PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite NBA team, and why?

Shade
03-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Since the vast majority of us have the Pacers as our favorite NBA team, I thought it would be interesting to see who is everyone's least favorite team and why.

For me, it's easily the Lakers. I dislike them because of the enhanced media attention (even when they don't deserve it), the way they're assembled to win (just throw a bunch of HOFers together), the perceived bias from the officials, and the way they always seem to have the luck (winning game after game they have no business winning). I also hate the vastly bandwagon-oriented fanbase, which consists more of celebrities meeting for social events than real basketball fans.

I also seriously dislike several members of their team on an individual level, including:

Phil Jackson - Constantly complains about the officiating, despite the fact that it has benefitted him far more than not over his coaching career.

Shaq - Doesn't speak like a high school graduate, much less a college graduate. Very smug and egotistical. Also gets away with a lot due to his size advantage over everyone in the league.

Kobe - Also extremely smug and egotistical. An adulterer, liar, and possible rapist.

Rick Fox - The ultimate cheap-shot artist, pretty boy preppy that you just want to b!tch-slap.

Karl Malone - One of the dirtiest players in NBA history, and a bandwagon-rider to boot. Kind of a Shaq Jr., if you will, but slightly more intelligent.

Gary Payton - I won't jump on him for being a bandwagon-rider (he wanted to stay in Seattle but was dumped), but he's also arguably the biggest trash-talker in NBA history. And that's saying a lot.

So, in a nutshell, that's why the Lakers are on the top of my list. Of course, the fact that they are able to act the way they do and still win rings is what makes them so untolerable. If they were a bottom-feeder I would still dislike them, but to a much lesser degree.

Suaveness
03-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Everything you just said.

Will Galen
03-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't like the Knicks or Lakers. Most of the media, players and fans from those two franchises come across when they win as if it's their just due.

I'm not explaining myself very well, but I don't have the same feelings about other teams. For example, when San Antonio won the title last year I thought "good for them."

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Lakeshow
Bockers
PissedOns
Queens
Mets

Ragnar
03-29-2004, 03:58 PM
While I dislike the Lakers I dont hate them at all. Shaq is a force and you have to give Kobe his due. At least they have won titles and while the media attention is absurd it is not their fault.

The Knicks however have done nothing to deserve the treatment they recieved at the disavantage to the Pacers. We all know about the long walk to the Finals and the four point play. Thats two years we should have been in the finals but they went instead.

I hate the Knicks more than anything else in the world. In some ways I would like to play them in the playoffs this year just to see the Pacers kick the crap out of them. But I would be even more pleased if our last game against them of the regular season would eliminate them from the playoffs.

ChicagoJ
03-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Here's my favorites.

1. Indiana Pacers
2. 28 Team tie
30. Boston Celtics

I hate the Celtics. Everything about them. A collective bunch of spoiled, whiny :censor: heads.

- I hate Red Auerbach for his comments about Slick Leonard 25 years ago. :devil: > Auerbach.

- I hate Tom Heinsohn every time he opens his piehole. I'll give a "Tommy Point" to the next guy that pops him in jaw (although that still might not keep him quiet for very long. :( )

- I hate Larry Bird the former Celtic "great" (and I have to keep reminding myself not to go off on SauceMaster just because his avatar brings back mad memories. :cool: ).

- I hate the Celtics fans in Central Indiana - especially the ones that sat behind me in the 1991 playoffs and told me to sit down when I was cheering for the hometown team and my favorite player - Chuck Person. Or the guy sitting beside us with a Larry Bird jersey and a Pacers hat. Make up your mind. :rolleyes:

Here are the only two things I like about the Celtics:
1. Danny Ainge is doing his best "Jerry Krause" impersonation; and
2. Bill Simmons writes about it.

Hicks
03-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Everything you just said.

Ditto.

MSA2CF
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Here's my favorites.

1. Indiana Pacers
2. 28 Team tie
30. Boston Celtics

Oh, so you're already counting the Bobcats. :laugh:

Kstat
03-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Lakeshow
Bockers
PissedOns
Queens
Mets

1.Pacers. Not even close. ;)

ChicagoJ
03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Here's my favorites.

1. Indiana Pacers
2. 28 Team tie
30. Boston Celtics

Oh, so you're already counting the Bobcats. :laugh:

Oh, its safe to say that I hate the Celtics more than the Bobcats. :D

Can't fool you, can I?

Jermaniac
03-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Pistons and Knicks

ABADays
03-29-2004, 07:49 PM
It's a tie among the Lakers, Knicks and the Kentucky Colonels. I hate all three passionately, totally, without question, no hesitation, vehemently, all-consumingly, undoubtedly!

Sorry, the Colonels were in the ABA. But I still hate them even to this day.

grace
03-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes, I hate the Lakers mainly because of Shaq. Reasons 2a and 2b would be Phil Jackson and Kobe. And if that :censor: Michael Jordan ever comes out of retirement again I'll hate his team too.

ABADays
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I hate Phil Jackson more than I hate the teams.

joro
03-29-2004, 08:44 PM
The New York Knee-pants!

Why?
Because they are from the city that buys their teams.

I never want any team from New York to ever win another game.
I never want any team from New York to ever score another point, run or goal.
I never want any team from New York to ever enjoy any favor with their fans.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you think I should make an appointment with a counselor? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tdeltdot
03-29-2004, 09:05 PM
The Raptors

Only mindless idiots root for the home team. :devil: ;)