PDA

View Full Version : So this is how it's going to go down

NPFII
12-13-2005, 07:10 AM
In the next week or so the Artest Trade will happen.

We will probably get something in return, but hopes arent too high.

Looking at the schedule, it breaks down like this:

- We should win at least 3 of the next 4 games (Artest or no Artest):
@Boston, Utah, @NY, Clippers.

After these games, the team will be a new one, and will have to go on the toughest 3-game road trip of the season:
@Cleveland, @Dallas, @SA (last 2 are back-2-back to top it all)
- Anything better than 3 losses will be great for the new team.

This terrifying road trip will gel the team, and the low expectation will allow them to play without fear. Who knows, if we grab a win there - this team might be on to something.

After that we go back for 2 home games:
Toronto, Seattle
- We should win both

Then comes another 4-game road trip out west:
@Denver, @GS, @Sacto, @Lakers (first 2 and last 2 are back-to-back)
- We should win at least 1 out of the 4.

After that, we go to an easier schedule (starts Jan 11), against easier teams up until "The February Homestand" of 8 games out of 10 at home (7 in a row).

- That's a 6-7 record for the next 13 games. Be prepared.

Bottom Line:
If we make it at about .500 in the next 13 games, that means that we're doing ok. Anything above .500 is a wonderful achievment.

Finishing on an optimistic note - the schedule becomes easier from mid-January till just about the end of the regular season. We have a good chance of finishing strong and going into the playoffs riding a new wave of optimism and team chemistry.

Unclebuck
12-13-2005, 07:48 AM
All I know is we play Pierce and Lebron over the next 10 days. I might have to cover my eyes.

NPFII
12-13-2005, 08:55 AM
All I know is we play Pierce and Lebron over the next 10 days. I might have to cover my eyes.

:)
Would you like a cigarette with your blindfold, sir?
Any last requests?