SG - Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tins/AJ/Gill

VS.

C - Foster/Harrison/Pollard
PF - JO/Cro/Walker
SF - Granger
SG - Jack/Freddie
PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

Which team is better on paper? (And, yes, I'm aware Tins and others were injured as well last year)

sweabs
12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Right now, last year's team is better. That being said, I need to see who we get in return for Ron before I make a final judgement.

Harmonica
12-13-2005, 01:06 AM
C - DD/Foster/Harrison/Pollard/Edwards
PF - JO/Cro
SF - Jack/JJ/Bender
SG - Reggie/Freddie
PG - Tins/AJ/Gill

VS.

PF - JO/Cro/Walker
SF - Granger
SG - Jack/Freddie
PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

Which team is better on paper? (And, yes, I'm aware Tins and others were injured as well last year)

This year's is more like:

PF - JO/Cro/Walker
SF - Granger/Jack
SG - Jack/Freddie/Runi
PG - Runi/Tins/AJ/Gill

Let's break it down by position:

C - DD/Foster/Harrison/Pollard/Edwards
vs.

C Edge: Last year

PF - JO/Cro
vs.
PF - JO/Cro/Walker

PF Edge: Same

SF - Jack/JJ/Bender
vs.
SF - Granger/Jack

SF Edge: This year

SG - Reggie/Freddie
vs.
SG - Jack/Freddie/Runi

SG Edge: This year

PG - Tins/AJ/Gill
vs.
PG - Runi/Tins/AJ/Gill

PG Edge: This year

I give the edge to this year's team.

Hicks
12-13-2005, 05:56 AM
This year's team is better. Especially if you consider health. Plus, I have to think that unless we DO so a repeat of last year's health, this one has a much stronger sense of chemistry heading its way than last year's. Last year had 30+ rotations.

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Uh, last year's team had Reggie playing like he was 30 again. Last year's team was considerably better.

Harmonica
12-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Uh, last year's team had Reggie playing like he was 30 again. Last year's team was considerably better.

Uh, Reggie's stats last year aren't considerably better than Jackson's are this year. Jackson's stats are sure to improve considerably now. And for the record, Reggie was averaging 21.1 ppg when he was 30 compared to 14.8 ppg last year. So he wasn't playing like he was 30 again. Maybe 36. ;)

Bball
12-14-2005, 01:11 AM
This year's team is better. Especially if you consider health. Plus, I have to think that unless we DO so a repeat of last year's health, this one has a much stronger sense of chemistry heading its way than last year's. Last year had 30+ rotations.

Don't underestimate the effect that Dale Davis had on this team during the time we were able to rent him.

He energized the team. He gave Reggie new life. And he energized the fans.
And for a while we could all dream again

-Bball