PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Danny

Shade
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
He's got some mammoth-sized shoes to fill, and he's only a rookie. I hope everyone remembers that when he hits the rookie wall.

cracktower
12-13-2005, 12:22 AM
from what I've seen so far in the regular season, he is hardly playing well enough to even hit the rookie wall.

but not saying he wont play well.

317Kim
12-13-2005, 05:31 AM
but Ron did say if he'd sit for anyone, it'd be Danger himself. I think he'll be great with the minutes he might not be Ron but he probably is the next best thing :)

DisplacedKnick
12-13-2005, 06:10 AM
I don't - he plays in one of the softest media markets with one of the most forgiving fan bases in the league. A city where a player can obliterate a team's season and fans, management and the press will smile lovingly, pat him on the head and say, "That's OK son - we love you anyway. And we don't really need to win anything important anyway."

indygeezer
12-13-2005, 06:36 AM
And DG is exactly why we won't see Al Harrington here. No since brining in a young guy and keep DG from getting minutes. (Plus Al's contract situation would make him to expensive to keep beyond this year)

indygeezer
12-13-2005, 06:50 AM
except the thing is Granger still is a rookie, if we can get al and plug him into the starting lineup that makes us better this year and we still have granger coming off the bench learning every game and becoming a better player.

Al just said if he was in artests situation he would never leave...what makes you think he would want to again after this season? With Pollards contract expiring i think we would be able to resign Al without much problems if he wanted to stay.

IMO TPTB are wanting to lower their tax hit by letting Pollard's contract just come off the books w/o replacing him not using his slot to bump someone else. Adding AL would cause them to have to bump that salary spot (formerly held by RA) sooner than their plans had called for (08-09). We are still Waaay into LT land and they have GOT to be cognazant of that.

Pacersfan.
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Al might be exactly what we need. The reason all of you are scared about playing Granger is that he's still a rookie. Well, lets get Al here for a year while Granger's game progresses to where he can be a starter. Since Granger can play multiple positions, he'll get enough time to improve. We won't be tied down to Al so long that he will stop Granger from becoming the all-star we all know he can be.

naptownmenace
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
IMO TPTB are wanting to lower their tax hit by letting Pollard's contract just come off the books w/o replacing him not using his slot to bump someone else. Adding AL would cause them to have to bump that salary spot (formerly held by RA) sooner than their plans had called for (08-09). We are still Waaay into LT land and they have GOT to be cognazant of that.

What? :confused:

Al's contract is up at the end of the season. and they could just trade Ron for him straight up. Pollard's contract will still come off the books and so would Al's unless they resign him.

Pacesetter
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
I've been to most of the games at home this season, and from my vantage point, Danny has done nicely. I don't think he's going to hit a wall, but rather I think he has leaped over it. He's doing many little things besides scoring that will slowly mount up for him. He's also one of the most grounded and patient rooks in a very long time. I think there's nothing to pity him about, he's got a great IQ, he's hungry to get cracking, and he's embraced by his teammates. He's got a good start on this NBA thang.

Shade
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
What? :confused:

Al's contract is up at the end of the season. and they could just trade Ron for him straight up. Pollard's contract will still come off the books and so would Al's unless they resign him.

I was thinking the same thing. It just seems to make sense, and I think it would be interesting to see Al and Jack on the same team. Al also seems to play Ron as well as anyone on both ends (remember when he put up almost 40 on Ron?), so maybe he wouldn't torch us too badly when we face him again.

I'm all for Al or Odom.