PDA

View Full Version : Bizzaro Idea

indypacerfan54
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
OK hear me out
I just thought of this and I dont think this is even a good a idea, but an interesting one.

wait for it.....

wait for it.......

ok ready???

Darko for Ron

Hear is how I see it. Whether you like it or not we ARE out of title contention w/o him. We will get a very young player w/ a lot of upside. He will have an opportunity to play here immediatly

It gives detroit another title this year bar none. But it also gives us a chance to take a chance on a player w/ way more upside than we would be able to under any other circumstances.

This is probably the most talent we will be able to get w/ ron.

High risk high reward payoff this could be similar to JO at portland...just stuck behind a glut of great players.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 11:34 PM
We want team players with great attitudes, I don't know really know if that is Darko. Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't....

A few things. One, this would fit into my 'young projects' thing pretty nicely, and I like what you are saying. However, I might want some sort of other picks to go with Darko, since, at the moment, his career isn't looking too promising.

Also, it would have to be a three team trade. Ron is NOT going to Detroit. Neither team would do it. David Stern probably wouldn't allow it.

GO!!!!!
HELL NO MAN, ARE YOU INSANE....

RON WILL NOT GO TO A DIVISON RIVAL AND THE PISTONS...

They want his arse but there not getting it...

Kegboy
I think we had that thought at the exact same time. Of course, mine was in jest.

Though, it would be fun to see Bball's head explode with the acquisition of The Next Jonathan Bender!

Slick Pinkham
12-12-2005, 11:35 PM
please

Darko = Bruno Sundov = Samaki Walker

indypacerfan54
12-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Jermaine also = no game jermaine in portland

SIG why do you think detroit would not do this trade...good gms dont cut off their nose to spite their face...you dont think fans would forget about ron the first time he shuts down king james?

Bball
12-12-2005, 11:39 PM
I think we had that thought at the exact same time. Of course, mine was in jest.

Though, it would be fun to see Bball's head explode with the acquisition of The Next Jonathan Bender!

Not only that but if Dumars was willing to give us Darko that would be the same as him proclaiming 'This guy is a bust'.

That would be warning enough that we don't want him!

-Bball

Shade
12-12-2005, 11:42 PM
As soon as I saw "Darko" I quit reading and died of laughter leading to spontaneous combustion.

indypacerfan54
12-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Or he could really want to consolidate another championship this year.

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, you need to get your heads out of your asses here! We do this, we cash our ticket to the Finals, baby! Where would Detroit be without their victory cigar?

Shade
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, you need to get your heads out of your asses here! We do this, we cash our ticket to the Finals, baby! Where would Detroit be without their victory cigar?

They have Dale Davis.

Bball
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Well, assuming they are playing us, it would be the same... cuz when we would put Darko in that means the game is over and they get their 'victory cigar'.

-Bball

wooolus
12-13-2005, 12:19 AM
HE'S RIGHT! WE DEFINITLY NEED TO PUT RON AND BEN WALLACE ON THE SAME TEAM!!

cracktower
12-13-2005, 12:30 AM
one thing I have noticed about Darko. He could develop intoone of the best shot blockers in the NBA. Even with limited time he always manages to to get at least a couple of blocks.

But trading Artest for him, comeeeeeeeeee oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn?

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
That IS bizzaro. Notgunnahappen.

Naptown Seth
12-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Jermaine also = no game jermaine in portland

SIG why do you think detroit would not do this trade...good gms dont cut off their nose to spite their face...you dont think fans would forget about ron the first time he shuts down king james?
Jermaine + Good Per Minute Averages In Limited P.T. In Portland = "I'm gonna steal this guy from Portland" - Donnie Walsh

Darko + Atrocious Per Minute Averages In Limited P.T. In Detroit = "Why the f$%# did I draft this big white stiff over Dwyane Wade??!!" - Joe Dumars