PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thoughts- watching the Jazz destroy the Pistons

Slick Pinkham
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
AK-47 is everywhere and is almost single-handedly killing the Pistons.

Strange night-- Pistons clobbered, Suns lose to NO/OK at home, LA beats Dallas, C-Webb looks young again---

and the Knicks get blown out.

At least there is ONE thing we can count on!

:)

Kstat
12-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Jazz announced called it "the greatest comeback in the history of the Utah Jazz." I half-expect them to pop champaigne in the locker room. Whatever. This game was their championship, they'll lay down for the next 10 games now.

I blame Flip, myself. Our bench was CLEARLY playing better than the starters, and he didn't play them nearly enough.

Oh well, 15-3 is still good for the best record in the NBA, and we have 10 of our next 13 game at home. We might actually have some LEGS now.....

Still not thrilled with watching them celebrate like they won their 5th straight championship, but we didn't do anything to stop them, so what can you say?

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 11:30 PM
I blame Flip, myself. Our bench was CLEARLY playing better than the starters, and he didn't play them nearly enough.

I don't buy that. I've seen our starters do this a million times and come back and win it. Tonight was not our night. They fell into the schedule trap. They win the first 2 games on the road trip (against the 2 toughest teams on the trip), then they walk into Utah on the second of a back-to-back and they think they can cruise. Not a big deal. They need to lose every once in a while to show to themselves that they're not immortal. If they don't hustle, they won't win. It's a good lesson game.

I think part of the problem was that everything came so easy in the first half. The shots were falling and we were getting what we wanted. Then Utah cranked it up, and we didn't match it.

Another problem is gimpy Ben is an absolute non-factor out there. Slow rotations, no lift, bad timing. It's been like that for a while, but it's being ignored because of the wins. I think Dale needs to get some serious minutes to get him healthy again.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Clearly the Pistons lost because they refused to play David Harrison.

Kstat
12-12-2005, 11:32 PM
that's my point. our starters were way too tired to handle it tonight, and the bench deserved to play. They had CLEARLY more energy tonight.

It was game mis-management by Flip not to recognize the starters had no legs. He'll learn his lesson and move on.

miller=clutch
12-12-2005, 11:33 PM
up by 13 at halftime but there getting drilled now :). thats great now caz we need detroit to start losing so indiana can get no.1 in the central division

Shade
12-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Jazz announced called it "the greatest comeback in the history of the Utah Jazz." I half-expect them to pop champaigne in the locker room. Whatever. This game was their championship, they'll lay down for the next 10 games now.

Oh well, 15-3 is still good for the best record in the NBA, and we have 10 of our next 13 game at home. We might actually have some LEGS now.....

Still not thrilled with watching them celebrate like they won their 5th straight championship, but we didn't do anything to stop them, so what can you say?

Damn. And here I was hoping to see that patented Kstat Happy Jig. :laugh:

Shade
12-12-2005, 11:35 PM

I thought they lost because they didn't have Ron Artest? :whoknows:

GO!!!!!
12-12-2005, 11:36 PM
First Kink in Flips armour.... ohh boy, maybe the Golden Coach isen't so Saintly after alll

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 11:38 PM
that's my point. our starters were way too tired to handle it tonight, and the bench deserved to play. They had CLEARLY more energy tonight.

It was game mis-management by Flip not to recognize the starters had no legs. He'll learn his lesson and move on.

They didn't look tired in the 1st half. Is he supposed to read their minds? They all only played mid-thirties in minutes last night, so it should have been THAT bad.

And how about Tayshaun.... an 80% FT shooter went 0-4 from the line. Just a weird night overall.

GO!!!!!
12-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Cost me a Game in my Fan League... fork em.. I needed Hamilton to get atleast 25 Points.... man unreal... of all the nights....

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 11:53 PM
First Kink in Flips armour.... ohh boy, maybe the Golden Coach isen't so Saintly after alll

Yea, if 1 loss to a worse team makes you a bad coach, then every coach this league has ever seen is awful.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Suns and Mavs also got upset.

granger
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM

calm down..
they are good team but fighting with injuries.

thank god jazz saw what can memo do despite brown's abilities. mle :laugh:
memo baby!:woohoo:

ps: why pistons players are so angry and kept talking trash from start to the end

FreshPrince22
12-13-2005, 12:06 AM
ps: why pistons players are so angry and kept talking trash from start to the end

Because Sloan was working over the refs all night, and it worked in the 4th quarter. Tayshaun just mentioned in his post game interview that Sloan mentioned to a ref that the fouls were 4-1 to the Pistons in the 4th, then all of a sudden the Pistons had a barrage of Whistles go against them.

Pistoner
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Memo played pretty well. I wish the Pistons could have kept him. Darko sucks.

FreshPrince22
12-13-2005, 12:31 AM

If we had kept Memo we wouldnt have been able to sign Dice. And LB hated Memo (as he does ALL international players), so that wasn't going to work. Trust me, we would have kept him if it weren't for LB.

cracktower
12-13-2005, 12:32 AM

:laugh:

Kstat
12-13-2005, 12:38 AM

It was Memo or Sheed (impossible to have both), and I'd much rathter have Sheed. Not much to regret there.

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Everybody loses sometimes - even the mighty pistons. Jeez, get over it.

Kstat
12-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Everybody loses sometimes - even the mighty pistons. Jeez, get over it.

I'll get over it when they show they aren't the pathetic pansies that they played like tonight.

FreshPrince22
12-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I'll get over it when they show they aren't the pathetic pansies that they played like tonight.

:laugh:

Kstat
12-13-2005, 02:11 AM
OK, so they're 15-3 Pansies, but dammit, they were pansies nontheless tonight.

On a side note, we should have gone to Dale tonight. Our bench defense isn;t the same without him.

FreshPrince22
12-13-2005, 02:28 AM
OK, so they're 15-3 Pansies, but dammit, they were pansies nontheless tonight.

On a side note, we should have gone to Dale tonight. Our bench defense isn;t the same without him.

Yea, Dale was a beast out there against the Clippers. Which is suprising since he hadn't played in weeks. But I definately think he needs to play big minutes while Ben is hurt. I have seen teams get at least 5-6 layups per game that wouldn't have even been thought about (or would have been swatted) if Ben wasn't hurt. He also can't rebound on those bum ankles. I've never seen so many rebounds fly just out of his reach.

I do think we should give the entire bench some minutes out there (Arroyo, Evans, Delfino, Dice, Dale). The perimiter players in that lineup really crash the boards well compared to Chauncey/Rip/Tayshaun. And Dice/Dale are both strong rebounders as well. They would just have to pound it into Dice on offense most of the time, and try to get deflections for easy transition points.

317Kim
12-13-2005, 05:09 AM
that game was a guilty pleasure :)

Hicks
12-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Enjoy Dale. You :censored:

Calgary Jazz
12-13-2005, 06:33 AM
Wow, how many Detroit fans here are complaining about refs and not giving the Jazz any credit??? Let remind you lost even by more last year but at least that was with Boozer and Giricek. This time we didn't have them, and D.Williams, and yet still were able to kick your butts on boards 55-27!!!. Stop complaining about refs, you didn't lost by a point or two you were blown out of the Delta center!!! And I do not care about Jazz record so far, we are not dead yet, Boozer will come back, so will Giricek and D.Williams and we will be back in Playoffs no doubt in my mind.
Cheers Pacers fans:buddies: !!!

Pistoner
12-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Wow, how many Detroit fans here are complaining about refs and not giving the Jazz any credit???

In this thread? none. I saw one guy respond to a question. Quit inventing arguments.

Fool
12-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Rebounds.
55-27

Ben needs to get healthy... :(

Calgary Jazz
12-13-2005, 11:34 AM
In this thread? none. I saw one guy respond to a question. Quit inventing arguments.

Well, probably we see different things:devil: I saw 3 of Pistons fans complaining about it.

Calgary Jazz
12-13-2005, 11:36 AM
nice win for your team calgary,also you wouldn't mind talking your teams management into shipping kirilenko over here for a disgruntled DPOY would you? :D

Well, I said to make salaries work perfect scenario is Boozer for Artest + Jasikevicius:D. What do you think a?

BabbleOn
12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, probably we see different things:devil: I saw 3 of Pistons fans complaining about it.

As a Piston fan, I didn't care about this game. Even with the lead at halftime, I remember thinking that there hadn't been a game this boring in a long time. And it seems the Pistons were as bored as I was. Only McDyess played well, which is good news.

There's something boring about Mondays. And the Utah Jazz.

But from Utah's perspective this must be a great win. Maybe this will snap their two year bout with lethargy (and Boozer needs to right his karma with Cleveland somehow, that much is obvious).

Calgary Jazz
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
[quote=BabbleOn]. Maybe this will snap their two year bout with lethargy quote]

Last time I checked dictionary lethargy and injuries are words with different meanings.

FreshPrince22
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow, how many Detroit fans here are complaining about refs and not giving the Jazz any credit???

Someone asked why the Pistons were complaining at the end of the game, and I said because they thought the refs were *****. What's so hard to comprehend? I did think the refs sucked, but I didn't blame it on them. The Pistons had to play pretty awful, and the Jazz pretty damned good for us to lose this one. No matter how awful the refs were.

BabbleOn
12-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Last time I checked dictionary lethargy and injuries are words with different meanings.

You guys were pretty injured yesterday and you beat the best team in basketball.

Why would you be defensive about being called lethargic? I mean, my mistake if they've been playing with fire for the past season and a half. Let me know if I'm wrong on this one.

(Thank you, Pacer fans, for hosting this mini Detroit/Utah argument on your board.)