PDA

View Full Version : What must the Pistons be thinking now

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Pacers are trading away IMO their best player, but by everyone's opinion at least their second best player. Certainly the Pacers won't get equal value for Ronnie. Besides all this the Pacers have been in turmoil the whole season.

The Heat aren't much better. They have their own chemistry problems. Shaq is now very injury prone. New coach taking over.

The Pistons are in a great position.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Funny you should ask
]http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kstatmeter.gif

I could not resist the opening..;)

indytoad
12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
It's really been a two-team race all season long, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

IndyToad
Hewwo

sweabs
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
They were already in a great position in my opinion.

After seeing about half of their games this year, I have to say that they have the best chemistry going right now. I don't see anyone who can beat them in a 7 game series. That team is firing on all cylinders; Chauncey has the freedom to be a predominant threat, Rip is getting wide open looks, Tayshaun is continuing to evolve, and the Wallaces speak for themselves.

Maybe they are thinking "Please don't let Richard Jefferson find a way onto the Pacers" - :laugh: (Yes, I am only kidding).

Kstat
12-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Speaking of Dale, he was NAILS last night when Elton brand was torching us. He held him scoreless for seven 4th qtr minutes. I love his intensity. The guy came off the bench cold after not playing, and played great.

As for the Pacers, I still have great respect for many of their players. I just have an amazing belief in my own team's chemistry.

Kstat
12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
BTW, I'm not sure any Pistons fan can really be "cocky" in meaningless december. I think "optimistic" is as high as you can go at this point on that meter.

Now, if they can somehow pull off the mircale of winning their next 8 games and match the 96' Bulls NBA record of 23-2, THEN I might be forced to do at least a LITTLE jig on my roof. Not a full dance mind you, but at the very least a jig. Why? Because we'd also have set a new franchise-record winning streak in getting there.

Of course, I say this knowing we have a %5 chance at most of getting to 23-2. We'll slip somewhere along the way. I just think it's fun that we're in a position to make a run at the mark.

I say this because the NBA record for wins with 3 losses is 40-3 :uhoh: , and we could probably trade Maxiell for Kevin Garnett and STILL not get to that ridiculous mark....

Eindar
12-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Speaking of Dale, he was NAILS last night when Elton brand was torching us. He held him scoreless for seven 4th qtr minutes. I love his intensity. The guy came off the bench cold after not playing, and played great.

As for the Pacers, I still have great respect for many of their players. I just have an amazing belief in my own team's chemistry.

Just goes to show you, Kstat-O-Meter never lies :)

Kstat
12-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Just goes to show you, Kstat-O-Meter never lies :)

I wouldn't say cockiness. It's more confidence. I'm not dismissing the rest of the east, I'm just at the point where I don't think the Pistons could possibly be much better than they are now.

shags
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't say cockiness. It's more confidence. I'm not dismissing the rest of the east, I'm just at the point where I don't think the Pistons could possibly be much better than they are now.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I don't even worry in close games anymore. The Pistons seem to always come through when it matters. I love watching this team play, and that wasn't the case last season.

As for the Piston players, I doubt they have much of an opinion, if any, on the Heat and the Pacers situations. I think their attitude is "If we play the way we're capable of playing, they can't beat us."

Slick Pinkham
12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Maybe they notice that the Pacers now have the incentive to modify a roster that was talented enough but nowhere near mentally strong enough to win a champonship.

They shouldn't assume that the patient won't get better after the tumors are removed.

denyfizle
12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
The Pistons are probably more sorry for us than happy. I don't think they ever worried about us before and especially now. So I can understand all of KStat's confidence. I would be too if I were a Piston fan. This thing with Ron will either break us or wake us up finally and at least to make us a legit threat again. Depending on who we get til the trade deadline. Pistons did all the right things that's all I can say. It's also evident that there are more reasons than we knew before on why they got rid of Rick. I am not about to be down on Rick but as far as I know he's drove 2 of our players away already (Al & Ron) well Ron's a nut anyway so Im not sure if it's really fair to say it's Rick's fault but I don't know. I just envy and appreciate Detroit at the moment but would never in my wildest dreams even dare to be a fan. :)

ABADays
12-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes, I would doubt the Pistons have even given us a passing thought.

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Other than Ben Wallace maybe chuckling about it, I agree with VA.

As for the Pacers, they'll be better without Ron. He was at the point of diminishing returns - more of a distraction than his value as a player. Indy's still a 50-win team when it's all said and done.

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
They don't care. I'm sure a number of their fans are laughing their heads off at us, but the players don't care.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I bet they are thinking 'Hmmmm we better trade Rip and Chancey for that Artest guy....'

shags
12-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I think they're thinking "How in the world have we blown a 13 point halftime lead to the Utah Jazz?"

Personally, I blame Ron Artest.

Pistoner
12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I fear the Pacers more without Artest than with him. He is a nutjob. If you just released him you'd be better than you are with him. If somebody is dumb enough to give you a decent player in return, so much the better. If I was a Pacer fan, I'd be excited that the side show is over. I don't understand how anyone could want such a pain in the *** on their team. He screwed you on the way out by deminishing his trade value. I feel bad for the fans who knew this guy was a negative presence. The Artest worshipers were backing the wrong horse. I don't understand how some Pacer fans (I know not ALL) could criticize JO and praise Artest. JO steps up and tries to lead, plays injured, and is a team player. You are lucky to have him instead of Artest.

I don't mean to **** in your wheaties. I know you are all bummed, but reading and listening to all the Artest apologists for the last couple of years, you all sounded like battered wives making excuses for their abusive husbands. I suspect by the end of the season, you will be happy this happened.

You can bet a large faction of that locker room is thrilled that Artest is leaving.

I wish the Pacers good luck until they meet the Pistons in the playoffs.

miller=clutch
12-12-2005, 11:49 PM
thanks alot man....i thought a pistons fan would hate paces...but thats really nice. i hope the eastern conference finals are pacers v pistons wat a series that would be :) :P

PacerMan
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM
"reading and listening to all the Artest apologists for the last couple of years, you all sounded like battered wives making excuses for their abusive husbands".

Exactly. THat's been pissing me off for a year now. Can't believe how many Artest Apologist's there are here. (were)

sweabs
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Maybe they're thinking that their first visit with Ron will be sooner than originally expected???????

Haha - kind of takes away from our first matchup, which is a good thing.

The Toxic Avenger
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
I fear the Pacers more without Artest than with him. He is a nutjob. If you just released him you'd be better than you are with him. If somebody is dumb enough to give you a decent player in return, so much the better. If I was a Pacer fan, I'd be excited that the side show is over. I don't understand how anyone could want such a pain in the *** on their team. He screwed you on the way out by deminishing his trade value. I feel bad for the fans who knew this guy was a negative presence. The Artest worshipers were backing the wrong horse. I don't understand how some Pacer fans (I know not ALL) could criticize JO and praise Artest. JO steps up and tries to lead, plays injured, and is a team player. You are lucky to have him instead of Artest.

I don't mean to **** in your wheaties. I know you are all bummed, but reading and listening to all the Artest apologists for the last couple of years, you all sounded like battered wives making excuses for their abusive husbands. I suspect by the end of the season, you will be happy this happened.

You can bet a large faction of that locker room is thrilled that Artest is leaving.

I wish the Pacers good luck until they meet the Pistons in the playoffs.
:blush: :mad: :( :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry JO!!!!!!!!!! Please Forgive me....:cry:

Naptown Seth
12-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Sad thing is, if this Pacer team would just stop the fighting and play as a team, they're the best team in the league IMO. There's no way the Pistons could've handled us with O'Neal and Artest both on the top of their games as well as Jackson, Saras, Tinsley, Foster, Jones, Croshere etc. to supposrt them. But lucky for them we've finally self imploded and now they're the best team in the East by default, and unless we can get a near equal player for Ron, they're gonna stay that way.

CableKC
12-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Pacers are trading away IMO their best player, but by everyone's opinion at least their second best player. Certainly the Pacers won't get equal value for Ronnie. Besides all this the Pacers have been in turmoil the whole season.

The Heat aren't much better. They have their own chemistry problems. Shaq is now very injury prone. New coach taking over.

The Pistons are in a great position.
Today is the best day for the Pistons.

The moment Artest said he wanted to be traded....he essentially handed the Eastern Conference to the Pistons.

On top of that.....SVG resigns and Riley takes over for the Heat. I don't care if Shaq is healthy.....but Riley is a taskmaster of a coach that does not tolerate stupid mistakes....many of which the Heat's roster is going to make.

Pistoner
12-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Sad thing is, if this Pacer team would just stop the fighting and play as a team, they're the best team in the league IMO. There's no way the Pistons could've handled us with O'Neal and Artest both on the top of their games as well as Jackson, Saras, Tinsley, Foster, Jones, Croshere etc. to supposrt them. But lucky for them we've finally self imploded and now they're the best team in the East by default, and unless we can get a near equal player for Ron, they're gonna stay that way.

You seriously overrate your talent, homer.

Fool
12-13-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm sure he's got the per48 numbers of Scott Pollard to back him up.

Anyway, I think its defeatist to think that for some reason the Pistons don't give the Pacers a passing thought. I imagine their thoughts on the subject are rather bland. Just paying attention to see who comes to Indiana and how the team plays post-Artest.

I am 100% sure of one thing. If you asked Rip, his response would be "Thats crazy."

denyfizle
12-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Ron Artest lost it during the 2004 Playoffs againts the Pistons and got Td up for hitting RIP. He single handedly obliterated any hopes for us to win that game in the dying seconds. So without a distraction and a NUT like Ron, I think the Ps really need to be more wary especially if we get a good player in return and Danny G. develops.