PDA

View Full Version : from mad to so-what

FireTheCoach
12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
My first reaction, and it lasted most of the day, was ":mad:FFFF ron artest!!!:mad:"

But now I'm more "**** it, I don't care. I knew he wouldn't keep it together for too long anyway."

The last of Isiahs 'dogz" are gone.... good riddance to bad memories.

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 10:42 PM
You wouldn't count JO as one of Isiah's dogs? He was tighter than anyone with Zeke.

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
You wouldn't count JO as one of Isiah's dogs? He was tighter than anyone with Zeke.

I like yer sig...can we get Primos back?

denyfizle
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Not to sound like sour grapes but honestly as pissed as I am with Ron, it's really more ethical than it is related to basketball because in whole honest truth Ron is a great player but he is just one player. He is not Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson not even Kobe Bryant so he's really not that big of a deal. To a certain point he is overrated and can be taken out of a game psychologically. Yeah we'll miss him, but we have shown in the past that we can do it without him and hopefully we get a quality player to help out to replace him. I think as much as I am pissed, I also am excited. Because this marks the first step to the REAL NEW Pacer era. We should've ditched him together with our pintstripes. It may have been a few months late but at least it's not yet too late to salvage this season.

FireTheCoach
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM

What I remember most was Isiah saying after the Chicago trade... "Now I've finally got my dogs"

I've always thought that Artest was who he was really refering to.

But yeah, I forgot about JO going all Jimmy Chitwood about things.

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Artest for Brezec??

I might like that, all things considered.

FireTheCoach
12-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Not to sound like sour grapes but honestly as pissed as I am with Ron, it's really more ethical than it is related to basketball because in whole honest truth Ron is a great player but he is just one player. He is not Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson not even Kobe Bryant so he's really not that big of a deal. To a certain point he is overrated and can be taken out of a game psychologically. Yeah we'll miss him, but we have shown in the past that we can do it without him and hopefully we get a quality player to help out to replace him. I thin as much as I am pissed, I also am excited. Because this marks the first step to the REAL Pacer era. We should've ditched him together with our pintstripes. It may have been a few months late but at least it's not yet too late to salvage this season.

Thats pretty much the way I feel too....

I mean, you know if Donnie is really as good as his resume would lead one to believe... who knows what this might lead to. remember JO was called "Jermain Oh-NO!" in Portland.

Slick Pinkham
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Artest for Brezec??

I might like that, all things considered.

after Dec 15:

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Incoming
Brevin Knight
5-10 PG from Stanford
11.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 8.3 apg in 32.3 minutes

Primoz Brezec
7-1 C from Solvenia (Foreign)
9.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 25.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: +2.2 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +6.7 apg.

Charlotte Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Brevin Knight
5-10 PG from Stanford
11.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 8.3 apg in 32.3 minutes

Primoz Brezec
7-1 C from Solvenia (Foreign)
9.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 25.4 minutes
Incoming

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -6.7 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------
defensive, playmaking PG to back up Saras, trade Tins separately, get back Primoz...

what's not to love?

well, except that with Gerald Wallace they don't need Ron... details, details

:)

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 12:02 AM
While Coach Bickerstaff may feel he could reach Ron, GM Bickerstaff isn't gonna blow up his well crafted building plan to get some nutcase that could very well poison his young team.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that even Primoz is hoping for too much. I'd do cartwheels over Melvin Ely.

Gyron
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm going to the game in Charlotte tomorrow night versus Denver and sitting in one of the brand new luxury boxes(wife's company has one). I'll try to give an up to date scouting report on peanut butter.

Can't wait to see the new arena and deluxe accomdations.

brichard
12-13-2005, 01:15 AM
I was talking to my brother (brich) and I asked him how many Pacer games he had watched. He just commented that he really had not enjoyed watching this Pacers team all that much. Quite frankly I have felt the same.

It isn't the winning/losing... although lots of losses certainly make me lose interest fast. It is more that this team doesn't play the right way. Losing an All Star sucks, but if you are going to lose one... Artest would be the one to lose.

It sucks to lose such a great defender. But even the most ardent supporters of Artest have to be glad at some level that his crazy a$$ is gone.

If we can lose Artest and Bender in the same month... several folks may just leap back on the Sunshine Brigade.

I am getting fairly neutural about this team though. If you work as many hours as I do and have a wife and family, you only can devote so much energy to sports. Right now the Indy guys in Blue and White are much more fun to watch than the Blue and Gold.

FireTheCoach
12-13-2005, 07:41 AM
I was talking to my brother (brich) and I asked him how many Pacer games he had watched. He just commented that he really had not enjoyed watching this Pacers team all that much. Quite frankly I have felt the same.

It isn't the winning/losing... although lots of losses certainly make me lose interest fast. It is more that this team doesn't play the right way. Losing an All Star sucks, but if you are going to lose one... Artest would be the one to lose.

It sucks to lose such a great defender. But even the most ardent supporters of Artest have to be glad at some level that his crazy a$$ is gone.

If we can lose Artest and Bender in the same month... several folks may just leap back on the Sunshine Brigade.

I am getting fairly neutural about this team though. If you work as many hours as I do and have a wife and family, you only can devote so much energy to sports. Right now the Indy guys in Blue and White are much more fun to watch than the Blue and Gold.

I think there are a whole lot of people that feel the same way Brichard.